Champion Chase - Wednesday 14th March 2018 (Day 2)

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Champion Chase - Wednesday 14th March 2018 (Day 2)

Postby Gman84 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:46 pm

Just being discussing this race on Twitter and my question, like the guys I was talking with, is who is backing Politologue? Is anyone here a player at 5's (best price with Paddy Power and Betfair, shorter elsewhere).

I wouldn't be surprised if that price did drift on the day but I wouldn't be a player unless he was a real price and I mean 16-20/1, just don't think his form is strong at all.

Altior is the clear favourite without even running this year and Min has stepped up today putting him firmly in as 2nd favourite but I have to feel a big price could get involved. Special Tiara I've already discussed but I'd rather back a horse like Gods Own (if he comes here, could go Ryanair) than Politologue.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:14 pm

He’s won every race when going right handed. His only left handed victory was at Auteuil, although he was probably unfortunate at Aintree.

However, he’s just a much better horse going right handed. It’s like Bristol De Mai at Haydock - some horses excel in certain conditions which, for one reason or another, suit them perfectly.

Cheltenham is not Politologue’s course

Nicoista
Group 1 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Nicoista » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:43 pm

After listening to Rich Ricci yesterday I got the impression he’s favouring the Ryanair with Min if Douvan is fit.

I personally was impressed with Min yesterday and I would rather be on him at the price than Altior. He seemed to settle better yesterday under David Mullins just of the pace. He looks a better chaser than he was a hurdler, and he looked as if still had plenty in the tank yesterday if he needed it.

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:48 pm

After listening to Rich Ricci yesterday I got the impression he’s favouring the Ryanair with Min if Douvan is fit.

I personally was impressed with Min yesterday and I would rather be on him at the price than Altior. He seemed to settle better yesterday under David Mullins just of the pace. He looks a better chaser than he was a hurdler, and he looked as if still had plenty in the tank yesterday if he needed it.
IMHO we won’t see Douvan without a prep run, and this leads Min to go QMCC. Also worth bearing in mind there’s UDS in the Ryanair more than likely too.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:51 pm

Superb from Altior today, just held together then over the last and whoooosh!

Brings me back to Politologue, he has eased in the market after that but even a best price of 10/1 doesn't interest me.

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:15 pm

Douvan entered Saturday.....who knows what to expect.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:16 pm

Positive vibes from the Mullins yard regarding Douvan for this race...better than 50/50 chance. It would be fantastic to see him back but obviously we don't know if he can be close to what he was. If he is we're in for a heck of a show! Anyone backing? There is 5;s about but I think 4's with the NRNB insurance might be the safer play. I'd expect him to go off shorter on the day.

bazakehurst
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby bazakehurst » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:39 pm

I've taken 4s on Douvan with Skybet. I know there's better (9/2) available but I do all my betting with Sky.

Would be great to see it win, even without my backing.

I was on Great Field but Sky refunded me so I assume it's either not racing, or going into a different race. Racingpost doesn't seem to think so though: https://www.racingpost.com/profile/hors ... ld/entries

Annoying cos i was pleased with my 12/1.

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:59 pm

Great race in prospect:

Altior - last years excellent Arkle winner and champion-elect
Douvan - 2016 winner, one of Mullins' best, back from a year off but does he need to be as good to win?
Special Tiara - super-tough, last years winner

And a supporting cast of Gods Own, Ar Mad, Min and Politologue, all G1 chase winners and all capable on their day

The outsiders are no slouches either, with Ordinary World placed in last years Arkle!

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:42 pm

Definitely a race with lots of potential storylines.7

Can Douvan bounce back after a long lay off?
Can Altior confirm his promise?
Will Ar Mad go out like the clappers at the start and get they all uncomfortable or willhe try that and jump like a pig like he has on occasion?
Can Special Tiara rise to occasion in his favourite race?
Can Gods Own show some of his previous excellent spring form?
Is Min live up to his potential?
Has Politologue been stealing a living in the big guns absence?

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:03 pm

Drama before the off as Douvan has a possible target switch then he doesn’t and now he’s confirmed and Ruby is onboard!

Then we hear Altior could be a doubt due to being lame this morning and it appears he has an issue with his foot, they are treating and hopeful but it casts a doubt.

With the change in ground conditions it feels like the stars are aligning for Douvan and if Altior is pulled I think he’ll go favourite. If Altior runs I think Douvan goes clear second fav.

bazakehurst
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby bazakehurst » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:14 pm

For betting sake I hope altior pulls out but for entertainments sake I hope altior runs.

So I hope altior runs. :D