Golf - Player of the Week (Week 31 - W/B 7th August)

themightyduck
Group 3 Class
Tips

Re: Golf - Player of the Week (Week 31 - W/B 7th August)

Postby themightyduck » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:45 pm

Player: Brooks Koepka

Event: US PGA Championship

Reason for support: I also have to go with Brooks as I tipped him last week at the Bridgestone and I'm not going to desert him just yet. He is one of 54 in the field making his debut at Quail Hollow but with the course having gone through major changes since the wells fargo i don't think it will hold a big advantage to those that have. For example the grass is different, it was rye grass oversewed with Bermuda and now it's 100% Bermuda. This is also the case in the rough with Bermuda grass much harder to escape than rye, there is three new holes at 2, 4 and 5 and the first has been lengthened considerably so it has a totally new feel overall. It is playing at a huge 7,600 yards which will suit the big hitters, the open at erin hills was 7741 which Brooks won and the sand in the bunkers is the same as Augusta, Brooks finished 11th. He finished runner up in the Texas open played on Bermuda grass and of his 26 starts on this type of grass he has 1 win, 7 top tens and 21 cuts made. Apart from that he is in great form and his win at the open was special with not making a bogey on the back nine on the first three days and only dropping one shot with a three putt on the final day. He won by four and i think he can bring that game here and has an outstanding chance of another major.

Shelkero
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby Shelkero » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:15 pm

Tournament - US PGA
Player - Paul Casey
Reason for support

The Englishman is now one of the most consistent players on the PGA Tour and has comfortably held a World Top 20 place since last September. He has yet to win a Major but boasts nine top ten finishes in Majors and was 6th at The Masters this year and 11th at The Open. Since The Open last season he has only missed the cut once in 25 tournaments and has managed ten top ten finishes. Last week at The WGC Bridgestone he was fifth, so allied to his recent Major record, which has seen four top tens in his last ten tournaments, there appears no reason why he can't follow Sergio Garcia and Brooks Koepka's lead and break his Major duck at favourable odds.

Ralfie1982
Group 1 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Ralfie1982 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:07 pm

Player : Jordan Smith

Event : US PGA

Reason :

He was excellent on the European Tour when winning his maiden full tour event at the Porsche Open that had a decent field in it. I full expect that to kick his confidence on to another level. If nervous you can go Top 20 at 9/1 which is a nice price.

In terms of the outright, he was 250/1 when I placed my bet on Sunday evening but as I write this he is best priced 175/1 and still worthy of an EW pick
Cheers

Paul (Ralfie1982)
OLBG Moderator
Twitter : Ralfie01

My blogs on F1, Golf and CPFC are right here : http://www.olbg.com/blogs/Ralfie1982

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:27 pm

Player - Zach Johnson

Tournament - PGA Championship

Reason For Support :

I really like Paul Casey's chances this week but we've already covered him so will side with another in form guy and dual major winner ZACH JOHNSON. The Masters and British Open winner knows how to get the job done in the top events and arrives in decent form having posted a very good 11 under last week in the WGC Bridgestone finding only Matsuyama's final round 61 too hot to handle and having to settle for second. Zach has posted four top tens in PGA tour events this season and two of those have come in his last three tournaments highlighting his level of form at present. A share of 14th at the Open proceeded his runner up spot last week and before the Open he posted a top five at the John Deere Classic. Lots of these guys have played Quail Hollow as it hosts the Wells Fargo Championship and previously named The Wachovia Championship so plenty of course form but the course has undergone some alterations to consider and the greens have changed from Bentgrass to Bermuda. Not many can better McIlroy's two wins here but he's very short (probably justified as he's finding his form) in the betting and considering Zach Johnson's eight cuts made from eleven appearances here with a best placed top six in 2011, his record is not too bad and tens times the current odds of Rory to give us a decent run for our money.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

petethebet
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby petethebet » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:11 am

Ben Silverman
Price Cutter
125/1 Stan James
A speculative wager on Ben who is number sixty three in the Web Com tour rankings and needs a cash to guarantee a place in the season ending championship. Has been close in recent outings, he placed eighth at the Rust-Oleum and fifth in the Utah Championship on his latest outing. Has been rested for a month and became a father in the interim. Hopefully gets a boost from the nappy factor advocated by Keith Elliott in his golf form books

STEVEOCN
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby STEVEOCN » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:23 am

REMAINING DEADLINES -

Just the two in the states left this week to place a selection on! A nice range of picks on the US PGA already in!

US PGA Championship (Places 1-8)
START: THURSDAY 12:20

Web.com Tour - Price Cutter Charity Championship
START: THURSDAY 13:05

Good Luck!
2017 Golf Showdown Winner

STEVEOCN
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby STEVEOCN » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:27 pm

THIS WEEKS PICKS -

Below are a list of this week's selections, some good picks in there for the final major of the year, the US PGA Championship!

US PGA Championship (Places 1-8) -
STEVEOCN - Rory McIlroy @ 8/1
steenie1 - Jordan Spieth @ 10/1
Denden - Hideki Matsuyama @ 12/1
The Rabbit - Rickie Fowler @ 20/1
SB2704 - Brooks Koepka @ 25/1
themightyduck - Brooks Koepka @ 25/1
Shelkero - Paul Casey @ 45/1
twfaulkner - Charley Hoffman @ 50/1
laursie1 - Marc Leishman @ 70/1
PompeyJim - Zach Johnson @ 80/1
dwainec - JB Holmes @ 100/1
Fredgarv - James Hahn @ 200/1
Ralfie1982 - Jordan L Smith @ 300/1

Price Cutter Charity Championship -
petethebet - Ben Silverman @ 125/1

Good Luck!

STEVEOCN
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby STEVEOCN » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:44 pm

RESULT -

That man petethebet strikes again this time with a 125/1 winner on the Web.com Tour! Well done on another excellent pick! As for the US PGA...places for Denden and The Rabbit with Hideki Matsuyama and Rickie Fowler both tied 5th!

US PGA Championship (Places 1-8) -
Denden - Hideki Matsuyama @ 12/1 - 5th
The Rabbit - Rickie Fowler @ 20/1 - 5th

Price Cutter Charity Championship -
petethebet - Ben Silverman @ 125/1 - 1st