10 years a member today

campbell64
Classic Winner
Tips

10 years a member today

Postby campbell64 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:15 am

Hi All

today is my 10th anniversary of being a member of the OLBG community and boy there has been some changes within those 10 years.

OLBG for me now is a punters dream and whoever came up with the idea of starting this community deserves a gold medal and I for one wonder if they ever thought it would continue to grow and grow and grow and be as successful as it is? I for one would like to hear from the founder of their thoughts on what they wanted to achieve when starting OLBG and how they feel it has progressed.

I wont lie there have been times I have been ticked off for some of my post comments and in the early days I used to think what is up with these people making a mountain out of a mole hill. Over time it sank in what the OLBG community is all about!

Its about a professional community and not a playground, open to all who are interested in sport and punting. There is an abundance of information for all sports from some very well informed members who know their stuff.

The adage the cream always rises to the top is very apt when it comes to OLBG tipsters as month in month out it is the same members who continue to churn out the winners.

Now OLBG sponsor races and are known and RESPECTED throughout the sporting world, People like Nors whose dedication to OLBG and its members is admirable, not only making posts, running comps but also has time to PM members, it must take up a hell of a lot of his time. Thanks Nors and the team

Whatever sport you are into there's information at hand. There are of course other online sporting communities but for me none that I have seen have the same passion, knowledge and members like you, we are after all part of the same family.

The one thing a punter can be sure of is we can still learn and OLBG certainly has helped me be less fool hardy when making my REAL bets and I and my good lady reap the rewards with good holidays and trips away thanks to OLBG and what it and its members have taught me.

So THANK YOU OLBG and THANK YOU to the members. Heres hoping the next 10 years are as successful

OLBG a modern piece of social sporting art. Truly outstanding
Last edited by campbell64 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

man o bong
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Re: 10 years a member today

Postby man o bong » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:22 am

šŸ‘
When you're told you can't do something, do it and prove them wrong

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:28 am

Have a great special day Campbell. :win:
And well done running one of those competitions. :)

Cheers ...Underdog..

campbell64
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby campbell64 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:07 am

Have a great special day Campbell. :win:
And well done running one of those competitions. :)

Cheers ...Underdog..
Cheers Underdogslover. I could not imagine a life without sport and will never understand people who don't like sport, the buzz it gives you and the adrenalin. Its better than Sex and lasts a hell of a lot longer lol :win:

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:11 am

Congratulations campbell64 on your 10 year anniversary. You have made a great contribution to OLBG and here is to the next 10 years. Thanks for the kind words about the site and me. Its the members who contribute who make the site, without your knowledge and willingness to share that knowledge then the site would be poorer. Just look at the contributions on the Cheltenham forum and Cheltenham blogs, a huge amount of research undertaken and imparted to others which will hopefully mean we can all profit from this shared info.

Members may be interested in this link which charts the OLBG journey.

https://www.olbg.com/about/milestones.php

campbell64
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby campbell64 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:35 am

Congratulations campbell64 on your 10 year anniversary. You have made a great contribution to OLBG and here is to the next 10 years. Thanks for the kind words about the site and me. Its the members who contribute who make the site, without your knowledge and willingness to share that knowledge then the site would be poorer. Just look at the contributions on the Cheltenham forum and Cheltenham blogs, a huge amount of research undertaken and imparted to others which will hopefully mean we can all profit from this shared info.

Members may be interested in this link which charts the OLBG journey.

https://www.olbg.com/about/milestones.php
Cheers Nors

That was a really good read so thanks for the link, made me laugh out loud to read the chap who was begging for OLBG to start a forum and when you did he didn't use it lol and the chap who had 12 months profit and never tipped again, did you ever find out why or what happened to him? Maybe he now owns a little island from all his winnings?

I never knew that you sponsored someone to go to the Olympics and a Darts player too. Hard work has gone in but what has been achieved is outstanding and if I may be so bold bordering on the point of GENIUS.

man o bong
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby man o bong » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:38 pm

Apologies for the clapping hands, it was only an emoticon when i posted it

Well done Campbell, standing the test fo time as a member, I think we may have met perhaps at Sandown in the early days, maybe not. Ive no idea, the memory fades after a while
When you're told you can't do something, do it and prove them wrong

campbell64
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby campbell64 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:59 am

Apologies for the clapping hands, it was only an emoticon when i posted it

Well done Campbell, standing the test fo time as a member, I think we may have met perhaps at Sandown in the early days, maybe not. Ive no idea, the memory fades after a while
Man O Bong thanks but really no need to apologise :win: I know the written word is open to interpretation but emoticons are a new concept and I took your clapping hands as a "Well Said" and not an insult. So thank you again.

No we have not met but I do intend to be more pro active with OLBG meet ups and race days, gutted I missed out on Cheltenham but I didn't read the ticket thread until the applying time was already over.

I love the abundance of information on OLBG but alas sometimes there is so much of it for my tiny brain to comprehend.

Maybe meet sometime this year? Hope you have a great Cheltenham

Cheers