aliexpress

bigfrank08
Classic Winner
Tips

aliexpress

Postby bigfrank08 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:26 pm

hi there,was wondering if anyone has ever bought off this site and have any advice on using it?? the reviews range from 'never ever use this site' til 'this is a god send,so cheap' etc.... the general rule is to make sure to read reviews,buy off frequent sellers and expect to possibly wait a while on delievery as must are shipped from china direction,its a wee bit like ebay i guess in a way.

this is the link to the site,if we are not allowed to post the actual link then just take it down mods,cheers

http://www.aliexpress.com/
Only for bad luck i would have no luck!!!

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:43 pm

Hello Frank,i have had a look at this site recently,they claim to be part of the alibaba group which is a trusted company and massive especially in asia.One thing that put me off was that I couldn't find a payment option for paypal which sites like ebay use which is the safest way to pay when purchasing from such sites.

bigfrank08
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby bigfrank08 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:07 pm

Thanks for the reply maze,i have googled about aliexpress and yes its directly linked to alibaba,just some small difference regardin where they ship from or something but similar. seen people with similar concerns to yours,the reviews said that the trusted sellers,ie the ones with the large orders and good feedback seemed to have the paypal option available to the buyers and to therefore buy with them,spent last half hour lookin at the site,does appear to be some decent stuff on it but also lots of dodgy gear too lol might be worth chancing a few xmas pressies from it

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:18 pm

If you have a paypal account then I would suggest using it for this kind of thing Frank.I have used alibaba and I buy and sell quite a bit on ebay mainly subbuteo and kids toys and always use paypal for both buying and selling as both the buyer and seller are protected as the money is held in a holding account until transaction is completed.If you do purchase from the site please give some feedback on this thread and let us know how you get on for future reference.Good luck with it mate

bigfrank08
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby bigfrank08 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:35 pm

Yeah if i use the site i will def try and buy off sellers with good feedback scores and paypal accounts,will keep u posted if i order anything

Savcri
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Savcri » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:29 am

I am interested about the quality of the products you receive via aliexpres. Is it possible to receive damaged goods or not the quality you expected?

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:01 am

Hi Savcrl

As with any goods bought on line there is always a risk these goods can be damaged during transit to your address

As for goods that are not of the quality purchased, this hasn't happened to me yet but I suppose this may have happened to customers in the past

Best to check some review sites and the company policy before purchasing any goods on-line

Hope this helps :win:

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:42 pm

I have bought 4 things from Aliexpress and all of them arrived within the time limit, well packaged and in fantastic condition, but i suppose, it depends on the seller

The 4 things i bought were an iphone cover, a ladies watch and 2 ladies bags

Savcri
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Savcri » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:26 am

Thank you, I want to buy some pairs of shoes and I am afraid they will not have the advertised quality.