Pc Help needed again

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Pc Help needed again

Postby Micko70 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:06 pm

A friend of mine told me to download Pc health Advisor from Paretologic.com.

After i downloaded it and let it scan my pc it said it had to be rebooted to finish its actions.

When it rebooted nothing on my home screen is in English, everything is in funny symbols and when i log onto the internet no website has saved any of my log in details.

Then name underneath every thing on my home screen is in funny symbols and so is my clock and even if i right click the menu comes up in symbols and i have no idea what to do

I have emailed the company concerned but i have to wait upto 48 hours for any replies.

Has anybody else had this type of problem and if so, how did they remedy it

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi Micko,

One of the problems with this type of third-party sofware is that, while the idea of 'cleaning up and speeding up' your computer sounds good the software trys to remove or alter anything it considers is affecting performance. Given that any running program uses memory and resources, and therefore slows down your computer a little, it trys to alter or disable many things - quite likely stuff you use or utilise.

I did it once (and the reason I am replying is that PC Health Advisor sounds very familiar). I did not like the results. It removed or disabled commonly used things like Yahoo Messenger or other programs set to auto-start on switching on the computer. This software classed those as 'slowing down performance'.

I doubt any one can give you a fix verbally. In my case I had to uninstall it. The company will have to tell you how to do that while restoring things back to how they were. Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck though.
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:36 pm

Cheers Ebook

I wish i hadn't bothered now, my pc is old and i need a new one, but i thought if i can get a quick fix for 6 months until after xmas then that will be fine.

I have been using it on safe mode for about a month, but even that has been slowing down recently.

After i downloaded it and scanned my pc, it is actually faster but i cannot understand symbol language, until i can, it's no good the way it is.

djpeem
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby djpeem » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:51 pm

micko - im not sure about resolving the language issue thats occured as a consequence of installing that software - perhaps a system restore using a recent date from before the install might do the trick.... assuming you can browse to find the system restore icon/shortcut. ?

if you get that resolved - it sounds like your PC could do with a reformat. you'll be surprised how much better it will operate after a reformat despite it being old. Refrain from installing applications/software that are not neccesary and only install applications that you actually use.

backup all your data onto an external hard drive beforehand and make a note of what applications/software you would like to reinstall. Half a day of effort but will dramtically improve your computers performance.

Pre windows 7, its recomended that you reformat your pc once every 6-12months to keep it running efficiently.

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:14 pm

Djpeem

I cannot do a system restore, it has been coming up as an error for a while, although i have just went into in it and have no idea what to click on.

I have taken a screenshot and sent it to those so called experts but as they are from Canada i expect i will have to wait for a reply.

I want my money back, this is rubbish, thanks for your input anyway mate :win:

thatsa donkey
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby thatsa donkey » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:13 pm

Micko,

surely Nelix could advise.

Donkey. :hope: :win: :hope:

or one of the OLBG Fantastic techies

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:51 am

advanced system care 5 would prob have done u the job for free. u might be waiting for a long time for a reply from canada.
Positions are available in the OLBG Lottery syndicate. Wanna join? Please PM me for info.

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:06 am

Dammo

I have advanced system care 5 but it didn't correct all my problems.

I have a response from Canada and just need to find time today to sort out my reply

AB1234
2yo
Tips

Postby AB1234 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:39 pm

review:try this
Restart your PC
As windows is loading hit F8 repeatly
When the DOS like screen show read it
select start windows normally
you should see windows load normally
run your adware scan

this may or may not help you,
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:11 pm

Hi guys.

I have finally done a system reboot although I did not have any original disks, I bought a reboot disk from amazon.

I have managed to do a complete system reboot but now my mouse will not work, I went out today and bought a new mouse and that didn't work either.

When I put disk 2 in (drivers disk) I noticed something call HID compliant mouse being installed, does this mean I need an HID compliant mouse?

bigfrank08
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby bigfrank08 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:49 pm

Didnt wanna open a new thread so will chance my luck here.....

Ok i have had this problem for about a year now and have just been ignoring it as best i can,when i open my screen up and turn laptop on the screen is pixelated/blurry at certain angles but if i mess with it slightly,i can get it to go clear but the slighest movement makes it blurry again,its a HP laptop,googled it but can seem to see any real answers other than leave it with a repair man/woman....anyone???
Only for bad luck i would have no luck!!!

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:13 pm

There's a connecting 'ribbon' that goes from your motherboard through the hinge to the screen in the top of your laptop. In time, as you open/close your laptop repeatedly one of the connections may work loose or the ribbon wear slightly. That's what can cause this, or the screen appear to blank-out, with the slightest movement of the screen. Depending on how old your laptop a new 'ribbon' could be replaced by a techie and hopefully that would solve the issue.
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog