Postby Mike N » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:51 pm

Thoughts and tips for the race here...

kj 23
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: GN Guide Bloggers Welsh Grand National 2021

Postby kj 23 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:25 pm

Cheers Mike.
Just read the headline the Two Amigos missed the deadline to be entered! such a shame,
I mean if you are sired by Midnight Legend at the moment you win :D (mac tottie representing maybe after his becher romp)
How long is the entry system for a race like the WN? was it literally a few hrs til midday, 1 day only? It was obviously perfect for him, although there are plenty who relish usual conditions here.

YouTube sent me the video of Native Rivers Hennessey 2016 a quality race this mornin, of course this years race at Newbury is on saturday!
can he still perform with all that weight on needed Chepstow slowed up ground?
Raz ran him so close years ago before winning it. He'll always have my support but I dont think I would put money on him, although 20-1 is good enough place value. You don't have to look far for more likely winners.
Last yrs winner on 10st!! Secret Reprieve a likely double beckons for me ..and the horse :wink:
Mighty Thunder a different national double for me, or did I only pick him in my 1,2 MN... anyway my kinda nationals horse :eyebrows:
I am maybe too loyal to my winners, but I'm not picking them all..
Not picking TTGetUp my MN winner as Im not sure about his disappointing return run in the Sefton.
Not picking Elegant Escape either unless he has a miracle prep or excuse in the becher.
Potters Corners team made a big mistake running so quickly last week,... will he even get into the race now!?

So Mighty still my pick, although he was outpaced lto, it was in fast class company on his return, pace didn't mess up his jumping, read as a sort of failed speed lesson and this is a rather different task, others will disagree, he's still my outsider pick.
I could see TTGetUps GN 'sighter' run as a failure just in terms of GN, as to me he seemed to go off it all after seeing bechers brook as well as failed faster assignment. You could also not rule him out enjoying himself here, although he's a much shorter price and he's not proven his wellbeing now since the dreaded MN efforts.

If you want something reliable, Yala Enki has still got it and with 'only' 11.5 to contend with this time you wouldn't expect him to be out of the frame, again. I hope he wins! he is a super horse (who hates Aintree fences too) but really hope he has some :nap: place national glory.
Royal Pagaille had a good prep in the wrong ground, he is showing some toughness and progressing. But its still Yala for me.
Not studied many unknowns, not seeing any history at the track, or in much company....
So for now, thats my current idea of the 1,2,3.
Secret Mighty Yala.
Its how I felt before the season started, further digging, positives or preps may change my mind, some tasty preps coming up soon.

Mike N
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Mike N » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:19 pm

Just on the one so far. Secret Reprieve 8-1 ew. Off 140 currently, a good chance to follow up.

Mike N
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Mike N » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:24 pm

Time To Get Up has picked up a knock apparently. Mighty Thunder going for the Becher Chase, so don't know if he will run in this as well.

kj 23
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby kj 23 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:53 pm

Thanks, I didn't think they found anything...In a way thats good.
I suppose thats good Mighty keeping on GN trail, can't have both. I presume others are becher chasers too.

Mike N
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Mike N » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:47 am

I am not aware the knock was in his Aintree run, it was a more recent update in respect of his participation of this race and its 50-50. Jonjo said Time To Get Up, he didn't think, was happy over the Aintree fences.

kj 23
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby kj 23 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:09 pm

Oh, well we need to find out. Why is this sport so inaccurate regarding the drip of information.