Royal Ascot 2018 Discussion Thread

PremierLeague
Group 3 Class
Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion Weekly Thread: Mon 18th June - Sun 24th June (Inc Royal Ascot)

Postby PremierLeague » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:20 am

I cant help but ignore Ascot and continue to solely concentrate on an area I love, all weather.

A very competitive card at Chelmsford today and I am really drawn to one in the 7.10pm. I don't tend to bet much with real money (not that I show massive profits being selective) but I played TROPICS Each Way at 4/1 as I think the place side of the bet is very good value in deed.

I like to dabble in speed ratings and do things perhaps a little unconventionally to others, but Tropics for me has the 9 best speed ratings in this race from all runners and even has the joint 10th rating too. This is a class 2 handicap and although I don't put Tropics at class 2 level (more nearer to 3 as have late 2s quality) but the others also full short of class 2 quality (just).

I have Tropics narrowly behind on class to a couple but I am happy to overlook that here due the the minor margin and ratings. I only have data on 83.33% of the field so a little discrepancy there too.

Doctor Sardonicus is the one that is way overpriced but am happy to play TROPICS 3pt Each Way @ 4/1

Arc Jimmy
Group 1 Class
Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion Weekly Thread: Mon 18th June - Sun 24th June (Inc Royal Ascot)

Postby Arc Jimmy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:05 pm

A massive well done to Elite Racing and James Fanshawe for Tribute Act's gutsy performance.

She had 2 enteries last week 1 for Class 2 Hunt Cup ,the Group 2 Duke Of Cambridge was a back burner & a maybe, James felt she was going well enough at home to have her supplemented for £15 k following smart piece of work in order to gain Black Type, she was 20/1 last Sunday bet365 worth a sentimental Each Way nibble , lowest rated here off 94 I thought she may go OK & now pleasantly surprised, wouldn't surprise me if Elite now have there next home bred brood mare & she maybe goes for 1 more prize before the end of the season & then off to see Frankel & Co.

Has been entered in the Falmouth Friday July 13th, she'll have to give the 3 year olds 8Lb , same race Soviet Song won twice.

In an ironic twist I was attending this meeting & had ordered Premier tickets but tried 4 times to get holiday from work & refused 4 times, I rang Jockey Club & explained my dilemma & they kindly swapped for Wednesday of Cheltenham in Best Mate Enclosure & some small change back into my Rewards 4 Racing account.

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:28 am

9.05 Leopardstown - Lucky Icon , very modest in three starts on the flat earning a rating of just 45 , but a shock winner over hurdles last month, is fit and well and could well be up to running a big race in this , 9/2 with Ladbrokes and Coral may well prove an EW bet with minimum risk attached.

Tyson1984
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Tyson1984 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:43 am

This american horse in the first at ascot be carful i think will run big race but on it run in the usa looked to weaken at the finish a little if on exchange put a lay bet at shortish odds 1.1 or something to add bit of insurance

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:32 am

I really like Glory Hunter in the opener at Ascot. Won in a quick time at Lingfield and the form has been franked. Gets fast ground here and looks overpriced. However, I do also like Kinks at roughly the same price - felt the horse was very unlucky at Sandown, could never get a clear run - so with offers around I've taken the former with Betway and their first race money back offer and the latter with Skybet and their money back if 2nd or 3rd offer.

I'm also going in on Perfect Clarity in the Ribblesdale, she should be much better on this faster ground as she looked to hate the soft conditions at Epsom for the Oaks.

Finally I'm going against the big two in the Gold Cup with the Paddy Power offer of money back if Order Of St George or Stradivarius win by going for Desert Skyline. Is he as good as the other two? Probably not. But, is a very consistent performer who'll enjoy the ground and in the case of the Gosden horse, will it stay this extra distance? I'm prepared to take a chance that it might find this trip too far but at the same time, with only 9 runners they might go a steady enough pace that it doesn't matter. I'm a little surprised AOB hasn't stuck a pace maker in as we know OoSG does his best work late off a decent pace.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:23 am

7.35 Leopardstown - Hey Pretty , strong office mark ..... 9/2 still available with bet365 ..... they look way out of line on this one.

Tyson1984
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Tyson1984 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:03 pm

Come on jack mitchell easy peassy 3 to 1 x

Tyson1984
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Tyson1984 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:26 pm

Should be quite simple win for computable odds 2 to 1 1445 ripon x

justas
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby justas » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:39 pm

pearl noir is a standing dish at track and can hold of all for another win 245 ripon

Tyson1984
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Tyson1984 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:45 pm

Key victory 4 to 1 1505 great chance solid form x

luckyliamscott
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby luckyliamscott » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:47 pm

Should be quite simple win for computable odds 2 to 1 1445 ripon x
Why is that Tyson? Would be good to see some reasoning mate.
@LUCKYEDITION
‘Riddled with talent.’

Tyson1984
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Tyson1984 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:20 pm

Snax 1520 18 to 1 great chance hard to pass x