Royal Ascot 2018 Discussion Thread

Tyson1984
Listed Class
Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion Weekly Thread: Mon 18th June - Sun 24th June (Inc Royal Ascot)

Postby Tyson1984 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:22 am

Fairyland won well last time 7 to 2 big chance 1430

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion Weekly Thread: Mon 18th June - Sun 24th June (Inc Royal Ascot)

Postby Gman84 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:34 pm

I like Fairyland as well. Beat a couple of useful colts last time out and the 3rd, Land Force, was a very good 3rd yesterday.

I also like another AOB horse with the fav in the Commonwealth Cup, Sioux Nation. Won the Norfolk here last year and loves fast ground.

I then like another AOB runner, this time in the Sandringham. Drops into handicap company here but has run well in a Group 3 and then broke its maiden in good style. Not thrown in off a mark of 99 but could be much better than that and might enjoy this type of a test with a fair low to middle draw.

Finally, I’ll be on Top Tug in the finale, great name and very solid performer at this level, 4th in the race last year off the same mark and most recent run was a very good second. Looks a good e/w shout to me.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

Tyson1984
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Tyson1984 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:07 pm

Acca
Fairyland 3 to 1 1430
Equilatral 5 to 1 1540
Teppal 7 to 1 1620
Dash of spice 9 to 2 1735
Xxxx

Tyson1984
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Tyson1984 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:18 pm

EMBLAZENED 16 TO 1 IS TOO BIG ODDS 1540 STRAIGHT BANG UP CENTRE RACETRACK LIKE COUPLE IN RACE BUT OF 2ND LOOK THE GOSDEN RUNNER HAS A BIG CHANCE AT NICE ODDS X 16S LOL HUGE

Tyson1984
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Tyson1984 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:51 pm

ADORABLE 33TO1 WHAT A HUGE ODDS SDS COME ON 1620 Each Way AT 33S GET ON X

Tyson1984
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Tyson1984 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:34 pm

Last from me today has to be Broadway 16-1 1700pm watch its last race an make your own mind up x

Tyson1984
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Tyson1984 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:29 pm

:<a href=/school/lesson15.php>NAP</a>: eagle

Tyson1984
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Tyson1984 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:29 pm

25-1

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:48 pm

Tyson, we appreciate you posting but members here do like a bit of reasoning to go with selections. I hope you can give us a bit of drink to go with the food :win:

Not been a great Royal Ascot for me but I'll take a few more shots today:

In the Chesham Stakes at 2:30, Natalie's Joy is a hot favourite based on her Goodwood win but in a field like this at the price she is I can't be involved. She could win and win well but there has to be some value in there somehwhere surely? Beyond Reason is second in the betting but it's interesting the New Winds, who beat Beyond Reason on debut, is double the price. New Winds then ran a stinker after it's maiden win, last of five at Donny on Good to Soft ground but back on fast ground at Haydock, got back in with the winners and with fast ground again here today and a trainer who doesn't mind getting a fair few runs into his 2yo's, I think she offers a fair e/w shout in this. SkyBet do money back (win stake) as a free bet is if 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th as well.

I'm also going to back the other Johnston runner (he has 3 in this) in Aussie View based on the fact she won from the front at Donny last time and improved again. With SDS on board it's not impossible to see this filly getting out quick and making all. Betway have their money back offer if you lose so used that for this bet.

I fully epect Crystal Ocean to add to Sir Michael Stoute's record Royal Ascot tally but with 5 in the field, I'm having a very small Each Way on Red Verdon at 40's. Has run solidly at this level and if the favourite breaks them could get messy behind.

The Windsor Castle Stakes at 3:40 looks another puzzle. I think Jungle Inthebungle could still have more to give that it has already shown and is a nice tasty price with a lot of extra place offers with bookies to be had.

Then we have the Diamond Jubilee Stakes and can Harry Angel hold off the Aussie invasion of Redkirk Warrior? I can't have Harry Angel based on it's Ascot form but no question his comeback run at York was a solid enough piece of work to build on. I've taken last years winner, The Tin Man, at 8's and 4 places with SkyBet. Feels like it cna be a bet to nothing. Needs to time it right and pick up the pieces but showed how it can be done last year and comeback run at Windsor should have him spot on for this. I also think Librisa Breeze can get involved.

The Wokingham Stakes at 5:00 is our One-A-Day comp race adn I've gone for a former DJS winner in Undrafted who comes here in handicap company now. Might not be the force of old but if anything close to it, has to have a great chance at a decent price and lots of extra place offers about. I'm going to take two in this and Growl will be the other. 6f is ideal and has run well at this track before.

We close of this years meet with the Queen Alexandra Stakes over a marathon 2m5f+. Thomas Hobson is the clear favourite but I'm going to take a chance on the quirk Pallasator who has been off hurdling in the spring and done ok. Was previously a good, if hard to predict, flat horse and will handle the ground, has experience and the stamina to handle this type of race.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

Midlander
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby Midlander » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:06 pm

Going to have a ew punt on Kentuckyconnection in the 3:15 at Redcar. Completely friendless as recent form over longer trips has not been good but has fallen down the weights accordingly. Only won once but that was a CD effort and if he could even repeat his last run over 7f when 5th of 6 carrying much more weight he would go close. Also sporting first time headgear. Surely only a matter of time when he comes good again. Just hoping that today is the day. Good luck guys.

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:32 pm

Isle of Innisfree and North Wind from the AOB stable are huge prices for this and it's not often you get those! With only 1 horse from the entire 28 of this field having more than 3 runs to its name, these horses could be anything. Much will depend on how they cope with the occasion and I expect the AOB horses to have better temperaments than most. They're sure to be conditioned for these events on breeding and in how they've been trained.

Arc Jimmy
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby Arc Jimmy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:02 pm

Thought the starter has made a bit of a b🐴🐴🐴s up letting them go in the Diamond Jubilee when clearly Harry Angel wasn't settled, would be miffed if I've had backed him but 0/4 before race 0/5 now at course.