Racing Post Standard Times

Lentwood
Group 1 Class
Tips

Racing Post Standard Times

Postby Lentwood » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:38 am

Apologies if there is already a thread open on this topic - I certainly couldn't find one.

I am interested to know whether anyone on here has had a crack at creating their own Standard Times? I have been using the Racing Post Standard Times but for reason's I'll discuss if anyone is interested, they aren't all that accurate for some tracks in my opinion.

Effectively what I need to do is create a method of 'scoring' one track against another. There are bits and bobs on the web about creating your own times but none of it seems scientific enough to me. Opinion has to be taken out of the equation.

I'm looking here for more of a general chat/conversation as I realise there aren't going to be any definitive answers on the subject and several methods may be applicable or worth trying so any thoughts at all would be welcome and appreciated :D

donkosauraus
2yo
Tips

Re: Racing Post Standard Times

Postby donkosauraus » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:25 am

Finally, someone else who is taking an interest in race times.
I don't really pay attention to RP Standard Times to be honest as it depends on various factors and doesn't really tell the whole story of the races.

If you are looking for sectionals, then I suggest you follow Simon Rowlands (sectional expert) either on Timeform or ATR. I have found this very helpful in breaking down races.
I have posted a link below which may be of help, enjoy! You can see other weekly write ups from Simon on ATR/Timeform.
If you want to discuss, then feel free to message as I am taking a notable interest in these angles.

http://www.attheraces.com/blogs/section ... April-2018