Horse Racing Discussion and Information Weekly Thread: Mon 4th June - Sun 10th June

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion and Information Weekly Thread: Mon 4th June - Sun 10th June

Postby Shrews » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:38 pm

He's been moulded as the new 'controversial' John McCririck, but isn't naturally like that. I can't remember him saying half the stuff he says now when working for ATR and TRC. He's become the one the others like to take the p*ss out of, which is a bit of a shame. He's not a good tipster and by his own admission said this:

I’m a terrible gambler. But the most important rule is don’t lose more than you can afford. I wish I had stuck by it!

http://www.attheraces.com/article/207601

Arc Jimmy
Group 1 Class
Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion and Information Weekly Thread: Mon 4th June - Sun 10th June

Postby Arc Jimmy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:55 pm

He is marmite.

I find him, disrespectful, hypocritical yet funny.

Last Saturday's Morning Show he was really putting down Francesca Cumani talking about a horse OTHER than Saxon Warrior having a chance in The Derby, he was bullying her , I'm glad the horse lost.

Most weeks he's in the paddock area & someone will flash their betting slip at him & he'll say good luck, hope you win, you can buy a new suit whereas he'll turn up on Yarmouth's big day John Musker stakes day wearing flip flops & pink / salmon shorts which I find a bit hypocritical.

He hosts on a Monday night on ATR in Jumps season a phone in show that can be at times hilarious where Mad Maureen from Motherwell win call in, I don't think it comes natural for him to admit he's wrong !

He is more of a presence than Kevin Blake who has an amazing knowledge of handicap racing but in front of a camera looks so unnatural , I felt sorry for him today next to Weaver.

ryanman89
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby ryanman89 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:09 pm

He's been moulded as the new 'controversial' John McCririck, but isn't naturally like that. I can't remember him saying half the stuff he says now when working for ATR and TRC. He's become the one the others like to take the p*ss out of, which is a bit of a shame. He's not a good tipster and by his own admission said this:

I’m a terrible gambler. But the most important rule is don’t lose more than you can afford. I wish I had stuck by it!

http://www.attheraces.com/article/207601
If he said that Shrews then fair play. I always got the impression he thinks his way is the only way (despite evidence).

I think for me, regardless of ITV stuff, its his ATR stuff when he tips a 8/11 fave then shouts 'booooom' as it wins. Honestly Matt, you've been in game long enough. I also find it disrespectful to call any horse a 'roughie' especially when its a 10/1 shot that represents good value.

ryanman89
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby ryanman89 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:11 pm

He is marmite.

I find him, disrespectful, hypocritical yet funny.

Last Saturday's Morning Show he was really putting down Francesca Cumani talking about a horse OTHER than Saxon Warrior having a chance in The Derby, he was bullying her , I'm glad the horse lost.

Most weeks he's in the paddock area & someone will flash their betting slip at him & he'll say good luck, hope you win, you can buy a new suit whereas he'll turn up on Yarmouth's big day John Musker stakes day wearing flip flops & pink / salmon shorts which I find a bit hypocritical.

He hosts on a Monday night on ATR in Jumps season a phone in show that can be at times hilarious where Mad Maureen from Motherwell win call in, I don't think it comes natural for him to admit he's wrong !

He is more of a presence than Kevin Blake who has an amazing knowledge of handicap racing but in front of a camera looks so unnatural , I felt sorry for him today next to Weaver.
That's why I found it odd Arc Jimmy. That he would block me instantlyfor a friendly bit of banter. To me that smacks of a bully rather than a hard-edged no-nonsense type.

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:20 pm

been knocking on the door all day with a few winners and many placed and REBEL SURGE in this 7.20 Lingfield could be capable of running a big race as his form from Newmarket run looks good to read
OLBG Moderator

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:26 pm

Make Music can make good sounds when in this class but not in class three all higher.
Rhiain Ingram had a position on Rebel Surge and then lost it and I cannot help think she lost the position and not the horse, I can see stronger handling could be appearing on this horse as she ran on for third.
Which seams to be the natural thing for my selections, with placed and not winning, my ITV7 consist of four winners and three seconds, never been that close before.
OLBG Moderator

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:32 pm

7.35 Stratford Poker School looks beatable and the one that I think could be straight forward for a race of this nature is Tom George Noche De Reyes who raced well at Ludlow last time out, Mr Noel George takes seven pounds off and Tom's son could get the best out of this one.
OLBG Moderator

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:48 pm

This next race from LIngfield 7.50 looks a poor maiden even the fancied runners do not look positive for a big run appearing.
The one that might show some interest is Richard Hughes charge SWEET DREAMS who is by Rip Van Winkle.
If this filly is going to win a maiden, this might be her chance of doing so, by the way her dam's sire was Rock of Gibraltar plenty to like about her breeding lines.
OLBG Moderator

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:55 pm

Arctic Flower in the 8.20 at Lingfield is worth a small ew at 20/1

Placed here last June over CD when 3rd of 15 on this ground, then improved on softer after that to notch up a hat-trick of wins. There isn't much to beat today and that liking for the course could be a crucial factor.

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:59 pm

This looks a good race coming up at 8.05 Straford and the one I like the chances of is AARDWOLF who has been second twice and could be filling first place here tonight with Richard Johnson looking for a third winner of the evening.
I see there has been plenty of nibbles going on BOYCHICK who was 33/1 earlier today and now down to 16/1 and he was useful on the flat and could make his presence felt over hurdles and may be worthy of Each Way support, still a good price at 16's.
OLBG Moderator

ryanman89
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby ryanman89 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:11 pm

In the 20.20 at Lingfield I have Hidden Stash EW and Arctic Flower EW. If either place it's a profit.

Hidden Stash needs to lead and has the draw to do it. If it doesn't lead you can write it off but the big price (14/1) is based on previous runs when it didn't get a lead.

Arctic Flower is well capable off this mark especially here, 2lbs lower than last win. Needed putting away last autumn but keeping her going got her mark down. This year two runs so far have shown nothing on paper but you just can't rule out at Ling over 7f and the money has come.

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:13 pm

Arctic Flower do you not think his draw of stall one might be a concern being drawn over the far side, rating mark gives this one a good shout.

Hidden Stash has the draw to account for his style of running, right up against the running rail and likes to front run but has not shown anything in recent runs.
Cat Royale is well in with winning mark of 72 racing off 53 once again and could be involved with a two from Hidden Stash.
I think this one could be the one to give John Butler a winner if Artic Flower was better drawn, would be following with you shrews, good luck.
OLBG Moderator