Horse Racing Discussion Weekly Thread - Mon 14th - Sun 20th

martinr
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion Weekly Thread - Mon 14th - Sun 20th

Postby martinr » Fri May 18, 2018 9:22 am

Burj. 4/1
Newbury 13:30

Saeed Bin Suroor sends just his second 2yo runner out today and I'm looking forward to seeing how Burj goes in the opener at Newbury. A Dansili colt out of a good quality mare (Dysphonia) that Godolphin raced in Australia. Time flies. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was backing Dysphonia in (I think) the Fillies and Mares Group 1 at the Brisbane Winter Carnival. She's been a success at stud anyway, throwing Soliloquy and Musical Terms, who both ran second on debut.
Saeed Bin Suroor has a perfectly good record with 2yo's in May and although Burj seems a short quote I think he's a must include for the Place Pot at least.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:39 am

Not being a very successful York meeting for myself so far and just one bet today but whilst I have a tonne of respect for Johnny G and Stradivarius I think at over 10 times the price I’d rather back Count Octave Each Way with the magic 8 runners. Was only a neck short of the Gosden runner last year at Ascot and has had two runs over a bit shorter to be primed for this so might have a fitness edge (although I’ve no doubt JG has his charge ready) and should appreciate going up back up in trip. It feels like the Balding yard is just starting to warm up as well.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

martinr
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby martinr » Fri May 18, 2018 10:03 am

Banditry
York 16:05
9/1.
I was pleasantly surprised to see Banditry returned to the Flat following his spin over the sticks, and he went into the tracker following his return in the Spring Lodge Stakes Hcp over 9f at Newmarket 2 weeks ago. He ran on for 4th in that race behind the very promising Oasis Charm and Sharja Bridge and today he is dropped slightly in grade over a longer trip. This horse is consistent on the Flat, winning or placing in 10 of his 19 starts, and with Ian Williams getting plenty of winners lately I think Banditry will give supporters a fair run.

luckyliamscott
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby luckyliamscott » Fri May 18, 2018 11:33 am

Not being a very successful York meeting for myself so far and just one bet today but whilst I have a tonne of respect for Johnny G and Stradivarius I think at over 10 times the price I’d rather back Count Octave Each Way with the magic 8 runners. Was only a neck short of the Gosden runner last year at Ascot and has had two runs over a bit shorter to be primed for this so might have a fitness edge (although I’ve no doubt JG has his charge ready) and should appreciate going up back up in trip. It feels like the Balding yard is just starting to warm up as well.
This is one I’ve highlighted.

I’ve found that looking back over and seeing which horses have done well on good to firm has done me really well this week as not many have run on this going.

(Bet you all do that already now I’ve typed it :oops: ha)
@LUCKYEDITION
‘Riddled with talent.’

Arc Jimmy
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby Arc Jimmy » Fri May 18, 2018 11:45 am

2.35 Newbury

BARON BOLT 4/1

If this one can overcome a terrible draw from stall 1 could be big player.

Was only beaten neck by Gifted Master at Newmarket in Class 2 Handicap on Good to Firm 12 days ago, been raised for the run but should go well again.

2nd at 5/1.

andythornton
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby andythornton » Fri May 18, 2018 3:15 pm

afternoon,mates!

newbury,4 15

well,these maidens are never easy to work out,but,as things stand,AL MUFFRIH has by far the best form here.he was a promising second to knight to behold last backend,who has just won the derby trial at lingfield.big boost..

andythornton
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby andythornton » Fri May 18, 2018 3:53 pm

newmarket,4 55

to be honest,i would have liked to see a bit more from ALMOREB recently,on his seasonal debut,but hes otherwise a very consistent sort,so i wont be too hard on him,as he has enough solid form in the book,and hes dropped below his last winning mark,so a bold show wouldnt surprise..

andythornton
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby andythornton » Fri May 18, 2018 5:01 pm

aintree,6 05

very competitive stuff.but i still managed to take 3 horses out here,MARTILOO,indian temple and petrou.whereas the other two were not disgraced in much stronger races than this lately,its the 8 year old mare MARTILOO,who makes most appeal for me.shes bang in form at present,as could be seen last time out,and shes very feasibly treated for that win.big shout!

andythornton
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby andythornton » Fri May 18, 2018 5:34 pm

aintree,6 40

well,another open race,but the "dark horse"could well be dual purpose performer COOL SKY.is not badly treated now,and he won a big goodwood handicap last summer,as well as over hurdles at uttoxeter,so not dismissed here..

Gruntly2017
2yo
Tips

Postby Gruntly2017 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:11 pm

Wow take bow andythornoton top selections there!

Arc Jimmy
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby Arc Jimmy » Fri May 18, 2018 7:54 pm

aintree,6 40

well,another open race,but the "dark horse"could well be dual purpose performer COOL SKY.is not badly treated now,and he won a big goodwood handicap last summer,as well as over hurdles at uttoxeter,so not dismissed here..
33/1 winner eclipsing 9/2 shot in the post before, hope you've done tonight's Euromillions, well done.

Rodeo
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby Rodeo » Sat May 19, 2018 11:26 am

Hi Please can someone copy n paste these selections too the saturday Comp please. as when i go too click on post in there it takes me too my status!! no idea why but here is ok.
cheers gl all today. :)

Cardsharp
Crystal Ocean
Poetʼs Prince
Zabeel Prince NAP
Marieʼs Diamond
Crystal Hope
Surrey Hope