Horse Racing Discussion and Information Weekly Thread: Mon 7th May - Sun 13th May

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion and Information Weekly Thread: Mon 7th May - Sun 13th May

Postby Gman84 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:46 pm

Apparently Eminent was checked over by the vet and was found to have a heart issue so let’s hope he’s ok.

Magic Circle took the Chester Cup is some fashion!
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

luckyliamscott
Group 1 Class
Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion and Information Weekly Thread: Mon 7th May - Sun 13th May

Postby luckyliamscott » Fri May 11, 2018 3:33 pm

So I had the evens fav, Kachy but will not shout about that after a poor day at Chester.

Hopefully can pick it up with some of the evening races.

Queen of Bermuda (Ascot 6.00) - Unraced 2yo that is under the watch eye of W Haggas. Cost 17,000gns as a yearling then cost 230,000 as a breeze up. J Doyle onboard today so differently not here for a ride out.

Society Power (Ascot 7.05) - Going with the Haggas Doyle duo again. Has won 3 on the bounce and would have made it 4 but only due to inexperience on his debut did he get beat. Carried on winning form at Wolves on his return and can continue the streak.

Newsworthy (Kilbeggan 8.15) - Course winner and distance winner. Watched his last run out at Ballinrobe where he won convincingly. Raised 6lb for that win but is improving even more

:hope:
@LUCKYEDITION
‘Riddled with talent.’

andythornton
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby andythornton » Fri May 11, 2018 5:33 pm

ascot,6 35

some potentially useful sorts here,but CORGI may well come out on to tonight.he lost no caste in defeat last time out,because the winner,young rascal,has just won the chester vase 2 days ago,so it couldnt have turned out better.

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Sat May 12, 2018 7:44 am

One early little bet for me today - 4.50 Lingfield Top Beak EW @11/1 BOG with bet365 , can visualise a single figure SP for this one :hope:

DanHaggis
2yo
Tips

Postby DanHaggis » Sat May 12, 2018 10:43 am

Watch out for Endless Credit at Hexham in the 3rd race. This one was quite useful on the flat and won well over fences 2 runs ago. Was fancied last time when a disappointing 4th. The Hammond stable in good form recently and Endless Credit could be difficult to catch from the front. Whats your ideas for this race ?

andythornton
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby andythornton » Sat May 12, 2018 12:50 pm

Watch out for Endless Credit at Hexham in the 3rd race. This one was quite useful on the flat and won well over fences 2 runs ago. Was fancied last time when a disappointing 4th. The Hammond stable in good form recently and Endless Credit could be difficult to catch from the front. Whats your ideas for this race ?
well,can go well,yes.

haydock,2 00:

plenty of plausible alternatives here,but i think, irish mare JUST JANICE could run well today.after a few below par efforts(albeit in strong races,on heavy ground,which might not have suited..),she bounced back with a strong effort at cheltenham last time out,in a listed mares race,and the winner looks pretty useful.so,back vs the boys today,but only 2 lbr higher for that effort,she can run another solid race..e w value..

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:57 pm

Tough day today, lots of big fields and unknowns. One main bet for me which is Optimus Prime in the Swinton Hurdle. 2nd of this same mark with similar conditions so feel at a fair e/w price of 9/10-1 can run well again.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

andythornton
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby andythornton » Sat May 12, 2018 1:32 pm

well,can go well,yes.

haydock,2 00:

plenty of plausible alternatives here,but i think, irish mare JUST JANICE could run well today.after a few below par efforts(albeit in strong races,on heavy ground,which might not have suited..),she bounced back with a strong effort at cheltenham last time out,in a listed mares race,and the winner looks pretty useful.so,back vs the boys today,but only 2 lbr higher for that effort,she can run another solid race..e w value..
good run by JUST JANICE there.

haydock,2 35:

only the 5 runners,but tricky enough.the fly in the ointment could well be CAPE CASTER here,even if hes the slight outsider in this field.is better known as a useful hurdler,but he closed last season with a more than respectable run in the cesarewitch,finishing 9th at big odds,and even on his last good flat run,hes well treated too,so shouldnt be dismissed out of hand..

andythornton
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby andythornton » Sat May 12, 2018 2:08 pm

haydock,3 10: SWINTON HURDLE

a very competitive renewal,and countless possibilities,but i think,ive found two horses,who are closely matched on form.they are SILVER STREAK and chesterfield.and while the latter probably didnt get the respect he deserved for claiming last seasons scottish champion hurdle,he showed this season,there there was no fluke about it,with some solid runs.but i also think,evan williams holds a strong hand here with his two horses,but i d rather go for SILVER STREAK than john constable,as he contested some very tough handicaps this season,and ran well enough,so big chance at the weights here..

andythornton
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby andythornton » Sat May 12, 2018 2:39 pm

haydock,3 10: SWINTON HURDLE

a very competitive renewal,and countless possibilities,but i think,ive found two horses,who are closely matched on form.they are SILVER STREAK and chesterfield.and while the latter probably didnt get the respect he deserved for claiming last seasons scottish champion hurdle,he showed this season,there there was no fluke about it,with some solid runs.but i also think,evan williams holds a strong hand here with his two horses,but i d rather go for SILVER STREAK than john constable,as he contested some very tough handicaps this season,and ran well enough,so big chance at the weights here..
wow,what a driving finish!!great result for me.

haydock,3 45:

a tight little conditions race,with all of these much respected,on what they have shown so far in their respective careers,but marginal preference is for the mare DANCING STAR,who must have had some health issues,due to a few lengthy absences,but still rates a big danger here,as she won the stewards cup at goodwood last season,one of the biggest handicaps in the calendar.and even her last effort shouldnt be judged too harshly,as she was badly hampered,and lost all chance after..

andythornton
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby andythornton » Sat May 12, 2018 2:59 pm

ascot,4 00:

a real pinsticker of a race,but GET KNOTTED is one i like a lot,and hes a tentative choice here.on the same mark,as when last successful last year,and ran well enough last time out.

andythornton
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby andythornton » Sun May 13, 2018 11:46 am

hi fellas! hope,youre well. here are my first three verdicts for today,two over the jumps at ludlow,and one on the flat at longchamp:

ludlow,2 00:

not much to go on in the ways of form,but,given the fantastic form of the skelton stable at present,FAIR MOUNTAIN must have a big chance to continue that trend,and the absence is surely no worry with this yard,so everything points to a big run today.

2 30:

all three are more than useful young chasers,so not easy,but BALLYCROSS gained a deserved victory last time out,after some lesser efforts this season,and is on a good mark,so definite chance to back it up today.

longchamp,2 35: FRENCH GUINEAS

HEY GAMAN is one of my favourite flat horses,as he has a wonderful attitude,is really an iron horse,and it wouldnt surprise me,if hes very much in the shake-up today,despite his big odds.decent e w shout.

more to come soon..