Horse Racing Discussion and Information Weekly Thread: Mon 7th May - Sun 13th May

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion and Information Weekly Thread: Mon 7th May - Sun 13th May

Postby meoldmate » Mon May 07, 2018 2:31 pm

Gman84 left the race and never even wrote the thing up either, Signora Cabello won well great prices for thread at 11/4, 20/1 shame Great Heir never held on, my big price runner from Naas became a non runner, also with the first race at Naas MATER MATUTA looked all at sea and once bumped end of the game for this one.
OLBG Moderator

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion and Information Weekly Thread: Mon 7th May - Sun 13th May

Postby meoldmate » Mon May 07, 2018 2:45 pm

In the 4.10 Down Royal, a fairly good handicap chase over two miles and the eleven year old DROMNEA could be well capable of being to the fore in this race and when last racing off this mark of 130 he won at Listowel which was over twenty furlongs on heavy ground.
He may enjoy these better conditions with good ground and vying for the lead he could be jumping with zest and giving his seven pound claimer Katie O'Farrell a very good ride. Nice price to consider with 8/1.
OLBG Moderator

andythornton
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby andythornton » Mon May 07, 2018 3:05 pm

kempton,4 05:

the dark one here might be querry horse,who has dropped a long way in the weights,but ROTHMAN looks bound to go well again,as hes still not badly treated for his last romp.

luckyliamscott
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby luckyliamscott » Tue May 08, 2018 12:05 pm

Afternoon all,looks like slim pickings today but will still get involved!

Militia :<a href=/school/lesson15.php>NAP</a>: (Thirsk 4.25) - This 3yo colt has had a fair start to his campaign having placed 3 out of the 4. He was the beaten odds on favourite when last time out but note that that was on the AW. Having shown the good form as a 2yo the stable will be looking to get him off to a winning start after a long winter break. P Hanagan is in the plate today and is experienced of the horse. This good prove valuable where he can take advantage of some newcomers.

Haylah :<a href=/school/lesson15.php>NB</a>: :lose: (Brighton 2.30) - Ran well on handicap debut at Lingfield on the AW in April but will relish the return to turf today. Placed second over same distance at Bath at the end of last year with the guidance of today’s jockey,S Levey. Should be a cut above the rest today.

Daily Double - Small Farm & Scream Rose (Roscommon 7.40 & 8.40) Both Mullins training horses with P W Mullins in the saddle for SF and D J Mullins in the saddle for SR. Both should show a different class to their respective fields today.

(I know some are short priced favs,will be looking at getting them in a few bets all together)

Ones To Watch-
Grey Diamond (Exeter 8.20) NR
Talk of the South (Fakenham 3.45) PU
Last edited by luckyliamscott on Wed May 09, 2018 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
@LUCKYEDITION
‘Riddled with talent.’

andythornton
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby andythornton » Tue May 08, 2018 12:48 pm

hi fellas! a good mix of jumps and flat today,so surely possible to get some value bets on. here we go:

thirsk, 1 50:

usually,in most cases,i go with experience in these novice events,but the form of bengali spirit hasnt really worked out so far,but even so,hes much respected.but david o meara has his string in fantastic form at present,and they can ready one,so FASTMAN gets a narrow nod today.

brighton,2 00:

all four are quite well treated,but ive the feel,this will be fought out by UPAVON and foxtrot knight,with slight preference for the former,who drops into this class for the first time on over 2 years,and is in good shape for his new yard.his mark is also more than tempting,so he gets my vote.

fakenham,2 10:

tiger trek is no slouch,but his wins to runs ratio is a concern,so old ASCENDANT can notch another win at this level today.

luckyliamscott
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby luckyliamscott » Tue May 08, 2018 2:02 pm

hi fellas! a good mix of jumps and flat today,so surely possible to get some value bets on. here we go:

thirsk, 1 50:

usually,in most cases,i go with experience in these novice events,but the form of bengali spirit hasnt really worked out so far,but even so,hes much respected.but david o meara has his string in fantastic form at present,and they can ready one,so FASTMAN gets a narrow nod today.

brighton,2 00:

all four are quite well treated,but ive the feel,this will be fought out by UPAVON and foxtrot knight,with slight preference for the former,who drops into this class for the first time on over 2 years,and is in good shape for his new yard.his mark is also more than tempting,so he gets my vote.

fakenham,2 10:

tiger trek is no slouch,but his wins to runs ratio is a concern,so old ASCENDANT can notch another win at this level today.
2 out of 3 great start! Fast man 7/1 winner too :win:
@LUCKYEDITION
‘Riddled with talent.’

andythornton
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby andythornton » Tue May 08, 2018 2:39 pm

thx liam!

fakenham,3 45: NORFOLK NATIONAL

very tricky contest,as most of these are on good marks,even if they havnt won for some time.that cant be said of bottom weight FRANK N FAIR,who had a tremendous season so far,the only question mark is>: can she produce away from her beloved plumpton,where she has done most of her winning?if she does,could run a massive race here,especially on her last winning form,when she beat a rival rated fully 18 lbr higher with 4,5 lengths.so,if her busy schedule hasnt left its mark,and if she stays,should run a big race today.

andythornton
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby andythornton » Tue May 08, 2018 3:13 pm

fakenham,4 15:

POTTERS MIDNIGHT can cap off a good day for lucy wadham,who does invariably well at this track,and this mare is far more consistent than most of her rivals today.she shouldnt be judged too harshly on her latest effort,as that was in a much more competitive contest.so,if back to her normal form,will be bang there..

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Tue May 08, 2018 3:16 pm

Great to see members entering the winners encloser with selections, hopefully I can join you with a selection in the lucky last at Brighton.
5.05 a small field of six go to post and two of them are fighting for favouritism and I am opposing both with Laura Mongan trained NARJES who looks to have a very good off a mark of 67 when racing off marks in the seventies in the past. She has only raced once on grass, which was a third at Salisbury, otherwise it is all weather racing without success with twelve runs and no wins.
She does not look inconsistent but today we may see her in a better light today, with her ratings give her a positive shout, with the handicapper giving a life line for a big run.
Fingerscross for a good run at 9/1.
OLBG Moderator

andythornton
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby andythornton » Tue May 08, 2018 3:30 pm

fakenham,4 45:

some old foes here,but jockey-wise,it may pay to go with CAN MESTRET,who has the assistance of top lady amateur gina andrews,and the horse has gone well here before too,so certainly one of the likelier ones in this field.

Arc Jimmy
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby Arc Jimmy » Wed May 09, 2018 7:32 am

150 Chester

LIHOU 4/1 sky mbfb if 2nd or 3rd

Has won over distance when beating one of today's rivals KINKS ( terrible draw in stall 11 ) at Kempton on a/w 32 days ago, form has been franked as Kinks has won next 2, has OK draw in stall 5, stable won race last year with Yogi's Girl.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:01 am

150 Chester

LIHOU 4/1 sky mbfb if 2nd or 3rd

Has won over distance when beating one of today's rivals KINKS ( terrible draw in stall 11 ) at Kempton on a/w 32 days ago, form has been franked as Kinks has won next 2, has OK draw in stall 5, stable won race last year with Yogi's Girl.
I like this one too and have taken the same bet with the SkyBet offer. Kinks does look a useful animal but that draw is tough to overcome, will need to break brilliantly. No Lippy was a horse I backed on debut at Doncaster as she looked very well developed for a 2yo but not sure what she beat that day and whilst the filly won easily she did hang badly and not sure this tricky, turning track will suit becuase of that although she could well be better for the experience.

In the 2:25 I'm going for Award Winning. Gosden took this with Enable last year and whilst I'm not claioming this horse is a repeat of her but really like the way she finished her race at Wetherby last time.

In the 3:00, Spoof's 3rd at Sandown was a nice piece of form and despite being top weight, is well drawn and can definitely be in the mix here.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy