Horse Racing Discussion and Information Weekly Thread: Mon 30th April - Sun 6th May

luckyliamscott
Group 1 Class
Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion and Information Weekly Thread: Mon 30th April - Sun 6th May

Postby luckyliamscott » Fri May 04, 2018 9:38 am

Over to Ireland for my second part.

Sometimes A Fox (Cork 4.45) - Seems to be on the right track now after the last two outings saw a 3rd and 2nd finish. Can follow up today and looks like a great opportunity to get off to winning ways.

Pakora (Cork 5.20) - After a long absence and joining W Mullins stable. The 5yo filly had a great run out in France in Aug 2016. And with P Townend in the plate, should be a cut above the rest.

School Boy Hours (Cork 7.05) - After starting in bad position last time out was able to sneak into placing last time out. Will show above average improvement and should rise well under M P Walsh.

Treble @ 5.26

Ones To Watch
Hateya (Lingfield 2.20)
Motown Girl (Cork 5.20)
Emily Moon (Cork 8.15)

UPDATE - Had a better day on the Ones to Watch than anything else
Last edited by luckyliamscott on Fri May 04, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@LUCKYEDITION
‘Riddled with talent.’

redboy
Stallion
Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion and Information Weekly Thread: Mon 30th April - Sun 6th May

Postby redboy » Fri May 04, 2018 12:11 pm

Interesting to see Dan Skelton send Shelford over to Compiegne today (3.40pm). He hasnt had many runners over seas and this is his first foray there since 2016. Shelford has bits and bobs of reasonable form over here (including a c1 grd3 winner way back in 2014 and most recent win coming at Towcester March 2017 in a c4 chase). Last seen at Aintree in the Stayers Hurdle - not too disgraced with some useful types finishing ahead of him.
Reveley (who is plying his trade in France these days) takes the ride today. Shelford has had 4 runs over seas for Skelton winning twice and placing once.
Currently around the 4/1 mark could be a decent price to play with if it falls in to place today.

owenjohn
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby owenjohn » Fri May 04, 2018 2:10 pm

I'd noticed that this morning too Redboy. Interesting :?

andythornton
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby andythornton » Fri May 04, 2018 2:54 pm

hi fellas!

chepstow,4 00:

regarding fresh form,theres not much to go on here,but some of these 3 year olds might well take off now,tackling a handicap for the first time.so too my choice LOPE DE LOOP,who didnt shape with much promise so far this season,but her last runs were probably in a bit better races,and whats interesting too:both her better runs last season came at welsh tracks,here and at ffos las,so she might go well today..

redboy
Stallion
Tips

Postby redboy » Fri May 04, 2018 3:52 pm

I'd noticed that this morning too Redboy. Interesting :?
Unfortunately 5th placed - 11l behind. Winner (favourite) won comfortably enough by 5l. Nothing ventured nothing gained !!

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Fri May 04, 2018 5:06 pm

5.10 Newcastle

Celestial Force maybe the EW value at a general quote of 16/1 on his debut against a couple of shorties, has a likeable pedigree and can run well hopefully.

:win: :win:

More than pleased with the outcome :<a href=/school/lesson15.php>NAP</a>:

luckyliamscott
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby luckyliamscott » Fri May 04, 2018 7:45 pm

5.10 Newcastle

Celestial Force maybe the EW value at a general quote of 16/1 on his debut against a couple of shorties, has a likeable pedigree and can run well hopefully.

:win: :win:

More than pleased with the outcome :NAP:
Well done mate, brilliant to see these come in.
@LUCKYEDITION
‘Riddled with talent.’

luckyliamscott
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby luckyliamscott » Sat May 05, 2018 9:07 am

Going to only do a few picks today, keep it more to a minimal.

Oasis Charm (Newmarket 1.50) - Had two in mind in this race but I’ve give the nod to Oasis Charm over Tricorn. The 3yo had a very impressive return. Stable is going very well and the dry ground should suit.

Masar (Newmarket 3.35) - One of few that has course form. Is proven over course and distance. Had a good last outing winning at Craven by 9l. Will take some beating Saxon Warrior who is last years winner O’Brien runner today but Masar will be up for the task today.

Daily double - Old Persian & Istanbul Sultan (Newmarket 4.45 & Wetherby 2.30) EW came in just

Ones To Watch -
Barton Mills (Newmarket 4.10)
Lynwood Gold (Newmarket 4.45)
Last edited by luckyliamscott on Sun May 06, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@LUCKYEDITION
‘Riddled with talent.’

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:43 am

I had a small ante post on US Navy Flag for the 2000 Guineas but he's out and I took 5's about Saxon Warrior yesterday morning but more money has come. Gustav Kint isn't losing confidence but is sort of sticking to where it was in the market price-wise. All 8 of AOB's previous Guineas winners have come here fresh and when I heard him interviewed about Saxon Warrior and he stated how much he'd grown from 2 to 3, add in his record last year and he does look a strong contender. The concern could be he might actually end up better over further.

I'm also going to have a small e/w on Raid who only ran once as a 2yo but was staying on well in the Greenham and the mile might be well up his street.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sat May 05, 2018 10:06 am

Saturday and Newmarket meeting becomes the centre scene of racing and the venue starts with a very good class two handicap over nine furlongs.

16 line up and I am looking at just a few that could feature in at the finish, with a very good prices to figure with.

the first is EXAMINER with Fran Berry on board, he is up four pounds for wining here 18 days ago and the form has been franked with Red Tea going in at Nottingham next time out.

BROROCCO could be another who may hold EXAMINER with them last meeting in the Cambridgeshire, Cote D'Azur has not done the form any favours with two unplaced runs since, as he was third in the Newmarket race.

BREDEN is the other, with I am retiring NOT, Hayley Turner. This one I tipped up at Newbury last season and I feel a big race of this nature is well within this ones grasp. Will like the strong pace and not sure of the draw being in six, he is racing off 87 which he won off when trained by John Gosden, when a three year old. BREDEN seems to come to hand early and could be showing up well and 18/1 looks a great price to figure with. Came fifth :lose:

Newmarket 2.20 five furlongs with nine lining up, MIRZA at eleven has been a good servant and still can be considered but may find younger legs of a couple of these may prove too strong for him.

MABS CROSS has had a run and finished in second place at Bath where she hit all sorts of trouble, with this straight course, she could be powering home, her wins have come on tighter tracks like Musselburgh, she can finish that is for sure and Michael Dods would not be here at Newmarket for a look at the venue, he be wanting to make the trip down from Durham pay, outstanding chance to get some black type to her name. What a filly she is full of power :<a href=/school/lesson15.php>NAP</a>:

HAVANA GREY is having his first run since second in a group two at Doncaster, he needed a run last season to record a win and may require this again and at 9/4 favourite could be well worth taking on.

Newmarket 2.55 not dwelling on this race as DEFOE looks to strong for this field.

Newmarket 3.35 2000 guineas day and could write up many but the one I am going with is William Buick charge MASAR who won by five lengths here two weeks ago and was beaten by Mendelssohn who is in America tonight at Churchill Downs. and James Garfield was behind this day, the one I fear most is GUSTAV KLIMT who won twenty one days ago on heavy ground, today's ground will be more to this ones liking.

I like horses that win with commanding fashion and MASAR fits this bill nicely.

4.10 six furlongs and a decent handicap and several at the bottom of the weights look expose, my eyes are drawn to two CHAGATAI trained by Clive Cox with Adam Kirby on board and this could be giving Adam a good ride and may prove the best of his three mounts here today.
If Havana Grey wins earlier this one could be having form in the book as Chagatai was 3 1/2 lengths behind at Sandown in a listed race. :3:

TRIBAL QUEST won on the all weather at Kempton and could be figuring in this race, with a positive result. Looks a progressive sort and commands respect, Charlie Appleby has his team in great order and we could be seeing a big run from this War Front sired bay gelding. :<a href=/school/lesson15.php>NAP</a>:

4.45 ten furlongs and all eight have a chance of being involved at the finish but once again Charlie Appleby could be holding the ace in the pack and William Buick has an outstanding chance on KEY VICTORY who won on debut.

The other is OLD PERSIAN who has James Doyle and James was on board when first appearing, this Dubawi colt was last ridden by William Buick and possibly he had the choice of rides.

OLD PERSIAN may have more to offer with five runs under his belt and will know what is expected and with him having a run and winning over course and distance. He has won two last season and looks progressive and can follow up with another course and distance victory. :<a href=/school/lesson15.php>NB</a>:

5.20 Newmarket Roger Varian has his team in fine fettle and SAM GOLD could be a interesting player here and could be paying his way this season and worth noting for sure. Not run for 206 days and may require this outing and may find a challenger who is race fit.

Once again Charlie Appleby holds the upper hand with two runners with Symbolization and Folk Tale.

SYMBOLIZATION may come on for his last outing when second over seven furlongs, the mile looks ideal for a positive display, has top weight but being by Cape Cross can show his potential, has big race entries, highly thought of and to make these group one entries plausible, he will have to win this race today and a big run could be forthcoming. :<a href=/school/lesson15.php>NAP</a>:

A great day to be had and good luck all
OLBG Moderator

geordieracer
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby geordieracer » Sat May 05, 2018 12:51 pm

All over Oasis Dream in the opener at HQ and at 4.10 at a massive price Grandfather Tom is a solid ew hope

Masar and Elarqam against the field in the guineas

geordieracer
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby geordieracer » Sat May 05, 2018 12:56 pm

Force of habit
Charm not dream

Very tasty