Horse Racing Discussion and Information Weekly Thread - Mon 12th Feb - Sun 18th Jan

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion and Information Weekly Thread - Mon 12th Feb - Sun 18th Jan

Postby meoldmate » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:07 pm

5.15 Wolverhampton
COMPASS HILL

Looks as if their has been support in the market for this ex Irish trained six year old, who is the hands of Jo Hughes now.
Harry Burns is in the plate and he is claiming five pounds which will help the horse greatly.
Has won one race in eleven but has raced twice on the all weather without winning.
Has top weight here but this should be no issue as Compass Hill has carried big weights in Ireland and in more valuable races, double the prize money of this race tonight.
OLBG Moderator

marksutherland
Group 1 Class
Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion and Information Weekly Thread - Mon 12th Feb - Sun 18th Jan

Postby marksutherland » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:45 am

Well my fancy yesterday didn't go as expected, but I do expect the horse to come on for the run having been returning from a break, it may even get dropped a pound or two in the handicap to help its cause.

Today sees me liking the chances of the unexposed Western Honour in the 1.55 @ Kelso. Western Honour has had 2 starts to date, the first of which was a 3mile P2P on heavy ground in Ireland where he won by 2 lengths being sent off at odds of 4/5 so obviously fancied to do so. Western Honour was then sent to Paul Nicholls for his debut run under rules where he finished a rather tame 8th of 16, it may of needed the experience back then but was clearly fancied to do better going off at 3/1Fav, today he has moved to the care of James Moffat and todays conditions of heavy ground shouldn't pose any problems having won on it in the past, at odds of around 16/1, I feel this horse is worth a small interest if to show any improvement. The current favourite McGowan's Pass could prove vulnerable today carrying a penalty.
OLBG Cheltenham 2017 Champion Tipster

DAVIDADAN
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby DAVIDADAN » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:18 pm

Contemplating a win double on Creep Desbois @3/1 2.45 Leicester and Tree Of Liberty @ 2/5 in the following 3.20. Should return 4.6/1 if both oblige. Ben Pauling & Daryl Jacob are both in excellent form for the former, I do well following Kerry Lees runners over the shorter distances and feel the latter should bounce back stronger today.

marksutherland
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby marksutherland » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:37 pm

Well the Each Way early prices on Western Honour have certainly dried up, prices as low as 6/1 now, I personally don't see the support drying up either. Happy with the early morning price I got, now we just need the horse to follow suit and run well. I'm not too sure if the Moffatt stable is a gambling yard, but these smaller yards do like to land a touch (22 horses currently in training) and this maybe there money today if this horse is showing something at home.
OLBG Cheltenham 2017 Champion Tipster

thegambler3700
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby thegambler3700 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:11 pm

My first bet for today comes at Leicester

In the 140 im keen on SKIPPING ON at 11/4

He was going well enough last week at Towcester and then made an error which cost him to unseat the rider. Again its the same rider and im sure it will jump well enough again. Given the trainer form aswell it has a lot going in its favour here

Win bet @ 11/4 - 3rd

2ND BET
FONTWELL
KAPDAD @13/8 - Has shown a decent level of ability so far and although beaten 10l 3rd at Kempton last time he was beaten by Redicean who is a leading hope for the Triumph Hurdle. This is surely an easier race for him and he will act on the going (has done before).

benucci
At Stud
Tips

Postby benucci » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:17 pm

Distingo is a short price in the next at Fontwell, but has proper breeding and should win this hurdle with that much ease as his first.
Blog 1 closed: Benuccis Paddock Selections
Endbalance after 17 Days: +99,73 Units 1 Unit staked per Bet

DAVIDADAN
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby DAVIDADAN » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:42 pm

Been a tough day on the NH scene, two races got done by barely a fag paper! Thankfully recovery from a nice clear cut win at Meydan paid for those losses. Small Lucky 15 at Chelmsford this evening backing Trainers in form, one or two in form riders worth noting too!
5.55 Teds Brother
6.30 Mambo Dancer
7.00 Beautiful Memory
7.30 Spare Parts

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Postby jaydubs » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:12 pm

Good to see Rathlin Rose win the Artillery Cup at Sandown and even more pleasing to see Guy Disney ride the winner again... amazing feat from Guy after his injury

thegambler3700
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby thegambler3700 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:58 pm

Not had time for write ups but heres my bets

Gowran 200 PRESENTING PERCY 2ND

Haydock 240 LAKE VIEW LAD WON

Ascot 335 TOP NOTCH 4TH

Wincanton 430 NATIVE ROBN

all win bets (current profit/loss = -10)

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:36 pm

5.45 Kempton
W G GRACE
Martin Dwyer has two rides here and this one looks to be his best chance of achieving a big run.
This colt is back on his winning mark of 61 and he won when in the hands of Mark Johnston and now with Tim McCarthy.
Raced just twice on the all weather and improvement could be forthcoming, would not be surprised to see this one fighting out the finish.
OLBG Moderator

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:57 am

2.10 Market Rasen - Taras Day , small EW @40/1 ( Ladbrokes - Coral - BetVictor - Boylesports ) , improvement needed but may well appreciate the drop back in trip, related to a couple of winners and trainer has his string in fair form of late - with a brace of winners and a number of places in the last fortnight. Could well start nearer half those odds. :hope: Good Luck If You Play :hope:

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:54 pm

It looks like I have grabbed the best price about Streets Of Promise took the 20/1 last night and now standing at 9/1, acted well there, now hope to see a big run appearing in the 4.00 Ffos Las.
My reasoning is on the tip selection page and NAP too.
OLBG Moderator