Horse Racing Discussion and Information Weekly Thread - Mon 8th Jan - Sun 14th Jan

andythornton
Group 1 Class
Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion and Information Weekly Thread - Mon 8th Jan - Sun 14th Jan

Postby andythornton » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:02 pm

kelso,2 15:

not easy,as there are some in-form candidates here,but KATACHENKO ran a mighty race at aintree last time out,only going down by a nose to a thriving rival,and clear of the rest,and isnt too badly treated.a further plus could be the pace,which will be strong,so,as a hold-up horse,he might get the race run to suit today..

ExoticDancer
Stallion
Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion and Information Weekly Thread - Mon 8th Jan - Sun 14th Jan

Postby ExoticDancer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:10 pm

2.15 Kelso Katachenko 2/1

Form looks stronger. I think No No Mac and Caraline will fight out at the finish as well.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

andythornton
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby andythornton » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:29 pm

fairyhouse,2 35:

at the first look,ROCK THE WORLD doesnt seem to have much going for him,as he lacks a recent outing,doesnt like the ground and is apparently second string on jockey bookings,but if you dare taking a closer look,he can still go well,as he won the grand annual chase at cheltenham last season,which was a big effort,and if back to that form today,could easily be involved..e w player..

ExoticDancer
Stallion
Tips

Postby ExoticDancer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:51 pm

14. 55 L'inganno Felice 25/1

I don't know if he can beat Snowy Winter but can certainly challenge the likes of Starplex and Kensington star and at the price and form is worth my chances.

andythornton
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby andythornton » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:55 pm

fairyhouse,2 35:

at the first look,ROCK THE WORLD doesnt seem to have much going for him,as he lacks a recent outing,doesnt like the ground and is apparently second string on jockey bookings,but if you dare taking a closer look,he can still go well,as he won the grand annual chase at cheltenham last season,which was a big effort,and if back to that form today,could easily be involved..e w player..
well,not a bad effort after the break.should be watched closely,wherever he turns up next time,possibly on better ground.

kelso,3 15:

LOUGH DERG JEWEL has impressed me with his jumping the last two starts,and that will stand him in good stead against more experienced rivals..going up in the handicap,but still progressive profile..

ExoticDancer
Stallion
Tips

Postby ExoticDancer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:20 pm

15.25 Spun Gold 13/8

Spun Gold/Best Tamayuz FC 14/1 and a saver reverse forecast. I don't see who will beat Spun Gold unless Best Tamayuz reverses the form with the drop in trip and a few lbs but it seems unlikely.

16.05 Fairyhouse Myth Buster 7/1

I quite like the pedigree. He's related to numerous NHF Grade 1 winners from dam and sire side. Could go well at a price.

ExoticDancer
Stallion
Tips

Postby ExoticDancer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:39 pm

15.55 Southwell CHAUCER'S TALE 9/2

He was 2nd to Queen's Royale over CD, having Breaking Free finishing 3-4 l behind him. Breaking Free went on to win two races, including beating the favourite Mr Coco Ben at the track, who in turn won next time out. I think that form is strongest here and Chaucer's Tale can do really well.