Horse Racing Discussion and Information Weekly Thread - Mon 8th Jan - Sun 14th Jan

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Horse Racing Discussion and Information Weekly Thread - Mon 8th Jan - Sun 14th Jan

Postby Gman84 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:40 pm

Another exciting week of racing to come. Lets hope the weather doesn't play too much havoc although I suspect the cold snap might claim one or two jumps fixtures. The AW can keep things going. Any thoughts on Southwell looking to change surfaces and also install floodlights?

Saturday sees the Lanzarote Hurdle at Kempton and also some listed and graded action from Warwick making up the ITV racing.

As always, your tips, thoughts, discussion points are more than welcome regarding the weeks racing.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion and Information Weekly Thread - Mon 8th Jan - Sun 14th Jan

Postby meoldmate » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:54 pm

Does anyone know, who or where do you write to, if you have a problem with a bet concerning a bookmaker to find out if I am getting the right answer.
Not with OLBG set up, just got an answer back from my problem and not happy with the reply.
OLBG Moderator

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion and Information Weekly Thread - Mon 8th Jan - Sun 14th Jan

Postby meoldmate » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:56 pm

Right folks, here is the wee problem, I would like an answer to if anyone can

Bet played 12.50 points Each Way horse wins, price taken 33/1 price won at 7/1
Returns of 105 points, this is less stake due to free bet.
Three non runners Drums Of War (self certificate), Espoir De Teillee (vet's certificate), Outback Blue (unsuitable ground)
Also one non runner from night before, which was favourite at time when bet was placed.

Rule four has come into play.

The question I want to know, how do you work the rule four and what prices were these non runners to bring in a 90% deduction, which I think is a lot.

I have wrote to the company and they have half answered the question, so I wrote back asking for the half of the answer, would like to read some of your views about a bet of this nature.
OLBG Moderator

misterjohn
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby misterjohn » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:49 am

try and ring another bookmaker and ask what the rule 4 was it will be hard to try and find out for a race that long back a couple of days would be okay but not the 19th of december

misterjohn
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby misterjohn » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:01 am

what prices were the non runners prior

custard357
Handicapper
Tips

Postby custard357 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:10 am

Another exciting week of racing to come. Lets hope the weather doesn't play too much havoc although I suspect the cold snap might claim one or two jumps fixtures. The AW can keep things going. Any thoughts on Southwell looking to change surfaces and also install floodlights?

I've always seen the fibresand at Southwell to be old school and so singular that it's harder to pick winners. Consequently I've looked forward to the day they replace it.
It's interesting to read the various trainers thoughts though with some saying it's more forgiving on horses joints and others saying there's little point in changing to tapeta with lights and having another all weather that's going to clone what we already have.
Perhaps the most interesting solution, can't remember who suggested it, is to have a dirt track.

misterjohn
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby misterjohn » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:00 am

Misu Pete 1615 wolves 12/1 Each Way this carried a massive weigh last time out 10-7 and went down 1/2lth into 2nd it is 36% win/place over course and distance it carries 9-2 today and its record on 9-2 in class 6 races over 7f on the a/w reads 2nd 1st 3rd its got two course and distance wins off 57 and 60 its record at wolves over 7f when drawn 3 or lower reads 2nd 1st 4th so on the whole looks a solid Each Way bet tonight

benucci
At Stud
Tips

Postby benucci » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:14 pm

1.15 Fontwell

Scorpion Princess
ran his best efforts on Going ike today and scored a good rating here over course first time out. unpl 5/2
Last edited by benucci on Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blog 1 closed: Benuccis Paddock Selections
Endbalance after 17 Days: +99,73 Units 1 Unit staked per Bet

benucci
At Stud
Tips

Postby benucci » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:44 pm

Be Daring could love this Going in Fontwell on his Wincanton bumper form. 2nd Head 7/2

benucci
At Stud
Tips

Postby benucci » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:03 pm

Greyed A ticks all the boxes in the next at Fontwell, is the one who goes on the Going and scored a wide margin cdg win lto.

horage
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby horage » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:05 pm

Afternoon everyone........

2.15.......ITOLDYOU..............E.W.....10/1

This one looks to have a chance here on its best form; has wining form on soft going previously and with 7lbs claimer taking the ride
could surprise the short priced fav here at 10/1 odds ;think i will do a couple to be second to the fav for the f/cast just in case ....

good luck all.............. :hope: :lol:

DAVIDADAN
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby DAVIDADAN » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:07 pm

The form looks solid let’s hope for a good run for our money Bennucci 🐎