January One-A-Day Comp (Race 1, 1st-15th)

bluemal
Legend
Tips

Re: January One-A-Day Comp (Race 1, 1st-15th)

Postby bluemal » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:01 pm

Plumpton 4:10

Scrutinise.....from Tim Vaughan yard was previously with Ed Dunlop until January last year but had a bit of success on flat turf and AW winning 3 times and 6 placed from 16 runs for Ed but since coming to Tim he's had 6 runs 3 in maiden and novice races and 3 handicap hurdles with no success in the races not even a place ,

His last run came 28 days ago at Musselburgh 1m 7.5f (good) class 4 beaten 11 lengths with Alan Johns in saddle , he drops to class 5 and runs off 97 mark that's 8lbs less than his first handicap mark 105 three races ago , The yard also has stable jockey Richard Johnson in saddle, They've had a year now working on him so its time to produce

JonnyH447
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby JonnyH447 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:12 pm

Thanks for making the adjustments :)

4:10 PLUMPTON

BE DARING

Going for beaten favourite last time out but progressive BE DARING to take this one. Fantastic claimer James Bowen booked to take over who's been fantastic the last few weeks who hasn't hadn't a bad strike rate overall for this untypically out of form yard (5 runs, 1 win 2 places). A few of these getting on now and this 7yo maiden has been knocking on the door for a while, he's proven to stay and seems the one to beat here.

Hill1an
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Hill1an » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:54 pm

After going AWOL for many months thought id give it a try again - i presume i can start on the second leg.
Selection. Argyle
Ran quite well time before last over the distance on soft finishing a 5L second of five. Ran poorly last time over further on heavy so should be more favourable today. Down 2lbs and with a 10 pound claimer puts it right in the picture. Also had a good topspeed figure for that run in second.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:03 am

Sixties Idol ran well two runs back at Fontwell but then didn't build on it next time out on heavy ground. With things not quite so testing here could bounce back and the mark of 85 looks workable after starting life in handicaps rated in the 100's. Distance looks good, better ground and this looks an open event so hopeful can outrun the price.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

Delboy980
Stallion
Tips

Postby Delboy980 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:20 am

4.10 Plumpton

ARGYLE

Trainer Gary Moore .... ..... ..... ...... ...... .....> Jockey William Clarke ( 10 lbs)

A Gary Moore trained 5 year old who has had 5 races over the hurdles finishing in the frame twice. This gelding is one of the youngest horses in this race, and has had 16 races in all and still without a win finishing in the frame 7 times. His best effort over the hurdles as kin a class 4 flat riders handicap hurdle at Lingfield over 2 miles on soft going where he was ridden by flat jockey Shane Kelly finishing 2nd beaten 5 lengths. He in a class 5 handicap hurdle over 2 miles on soft going, and has a 10lbs claimer William Clarke in the saddle for the first time, this gelding is racing off top weight and has never won a race although has finished in the frame a few times, this is a very poor race, with no entries leaping off the page, has run fairly well over this distance on similar going, has another e/w chance in this race today.

geordieracer
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby geordieracer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:24 am

not a single horse I could pick in this to trouble the scorers so let's try and pick a winner instead

Man of the moment James Bowen takes 5 pounds off the back of BE DARING who ran a good race in second off this mark last time out at Fontwell

All the signs are that he is now on a competitive mark after being massively over-rated by the handicapper (20 pounds lower than he was just 8 months and 6 races ago)

Another load off thanks to the talented jockey's claim could make all the difference. his jumping looks improved over his last 2 runs and trip and ground should suit.

Vivian
At Stud
Tips

Postby Vivian » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:19 am

WALK OF GLEAMS

I need something big to get any where near to the top tipsters in this comp. It happened yesterday, but not for me. Going for the bottom weight and top price. She has been racing over further distances, so the drop to 16f may be favourable. She doesn't look too badly handicapped and, as stated, is the bottom weight. She has been placed over the hurdles on the soft ground, she will get today. Today's jockey has ridden her previously so should have an idea how to handle her. As I said, a really big outsider, but I have nothing to lose. Good luck to those at the top with a chance to win this competition. Roll on part two.

jammat001
At Stud
Tips

Postby jammat001 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:01 am

PLUMPTON 4.10 ARGYLE

This G L Moore trained gelding has shown little in his five starts over hurdles the best when beaten 5 lengths into second place behind The Game Is A Foot over two miles on soft ground at Lingfield in his penultimate run in November so dropping in class today he can surprise at a big price with William Clarke taking a valuable 10 pounds off

fenster
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby fenster » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:06 am

DRIVE ON LOCKY

Veteran plodder has uninspiring recent form, hasn't finished within 30 lengths (roughly) of the winner in about half-a-dozen starts (ignoring the PU's), however, his last win came at this track, which made it two from two at the venue. Those wins came over a mile further than today on much better ground, however, has backform in Ireland on heavy (recording several 100+ RPR's). He's a measly 6lb lower than last win, but gets a first time visor chucked on for a trainer that's had a couple of golds and silvers in the last few weeks.

steenie1
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby steenie1 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:10 pm

16.10 Plumpton
BE DARING
From Chris Gordon's Hampshire yard, the horse came within a neck of its first ever win when finishing second over 17f at Fontwell a week ago. That was its first racetrack experience of heavy going, so one has to presume it's a mud-lover and today's conditions will suit. That second place came off a mark of 90, its lowest mark since it started handicapping. It's racing off the same mark for this race but today the jockey, James Bowen, is claiming 5 pounds.

geordieracer
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby geordieracer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:00 pm

Plumpton off :?

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:26 pm

Plumpton off :?
Typical!

Ok, given we have the extra day in the second race because of the long month we’ll switch things around and this race will finish tomorrow with the next race starting on Wednesday. Hope that makes sense.

So, last leg of race 1 will now be tomorrow at:

5:40 at Kempton

I’ll play safe and stick with the AW.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy