January One-A-Day Comp (Race 1, 1st-15th)

supermack44
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: January One-A-Day Comp (Race 1, 1st-15th)

Postby supermack44 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:14 pm

Kempton 17:40

Eljaddaaf

Found it difficult to choose between Lucymai and Dean Ivory's second string stablemate Eljaddaaf. But I have decided that the latter has a better chance based on his latest outing here over 6 furlongs earlier this month where he was beaten 1/2 length by Shamsaya when second of eleven. Robert Winston is again in the plate. Winner of six races from 6 furlongs to 7 furlongs on the all-weather.
:cool:

Guddah
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby Guddah » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:29 pm

BOBBY WHEELER

Earlier in the day this was a 50/1 shot so hopefully this is people close to the horse and not speculators - now 16/1
Very good trainer and jockey takes seven pounds off
Has run in some good races and gone close in better grade
Distance winner and at a mile
Draw could be better and wellbeing has to be taken on trust
Can only be hopeful in a very competitive race like this :D

Carpo Marx
At Stud
Tips

Postby Carpo Marx » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:32 pm

kempton 5.40

ventura blues

A 4yr old filly trained by Richard Hannon. Has won two of her eight all weather races, both at Kempton and both Class 5. Was tried unsuccesfully in Class 2 after last win but showed improvement last time out when running 2nd at Kempton in Class 3 over a mile. Drawn out wide shouldn't necessary be a problem as she is a hold up type anyway. Rossa Ryan takes the ride today claiming a very useful 5lb.

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:33 pm

LONDON

They say if in doubt, take the top weight in a handicap, matter of fact, I have no doubt, one of the first horses to look at.

Phil McEntee has his five year old out fairly quickly, after winning at Southwell seven days ago, this was over a mile back to seven tonight.

Phil only runner from his Newmarket base and possibly he is sound to run another big race tonight.

Nicola Currie has five rides here tonight and she rode this one at Southwell when winning and she could be getting a very good run from her mount.

London is nicely drawn in stall two and he can be quick away and in doing so, he could snatch a couple of lengths and when going around the bottom bend he can fill hi lungs and kick on and be too strong for any challenges for a second win on the trot, he has top weight plus a six pound penalty but I believe he is a progressive horse and one to keep on the right side of.
OLBG Moderator

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:25 pm

I’ll get the scores updated and the next race posted in the next hour.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:55 pm

Full update on page 1. Any issues give me a shout.

https://i.imgur.com/3aTOSDH.png

Congrats to steenie1 who led us all home and to meoldmate in 2nd. £10 and £5 repsectively will be paid out at the end of the month.

I hope to see you all for race 2 which will be posted shortly.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy