The Ultimate Horse Racing Selection System by OLBG Members - National Hunt Races - Stage 1

Guddah
Classic Winner
Tips

Re: The Ultimate Horse Racing Selection System by OLBG Members - National Hunt Races - Stage 1

Postby Guddah » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:55 pm

I have had a look at tomorrow’s races that are class three or better at Kempton- Wetherby- WINCANTON

9 races qualify
Runners in each race are 8-16-6-9-5-11-7-12-14 not brilliant for Each Way betting
Will be lucky if the sixteen runners all survive with no non runners
Only one horse survived Rob’s five criteria
2.15 Wetherby JUST CAMERON

Course decimated the fields and looks to harsh

I agree with MICKO70 regarding course and distance comments

Robmull
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: The Ultimate Horse Racing Selection System by OLBG Members - National Hunt Races - Stage 1

Postby Robmull » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:18 pm

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the latest responses.

The first thing to say is PLEASE FORGET ABOUT THE 5 CRITERIA THAT I MENTIONED IN MY LATEST RESPONSE TO SHREWS, AS THEY WERE ONLY CHOSEN TO EMPHASISE A POINT THAT I WAS MAKING AND ARE HIGHLY UNLIKELY TO BE THE CRITERIA THAT ARE CHOSEN WHEN MEMBERS VOTE.

However, it is worth mentioning that by initiating a democratic vote on the final criteria, it is likely that some of us will not be overly happy with the outcome, but please don’t get too despondent if you don’t agree with all of the chosen criteria, as sometimes going against perceived wisdom produces profitable systems.

There is also a chance that the final criteria will not produce a selection in every qualifying race, but is that a big issue on the basis that few successful punters bet on every race, as they tend to be selective when putting down their cash - if the final system only finds an average of 1 or 2 bets a day, which are consistently profitable to back in the long run, we will in my mind have succeeded in our quest.

Finally, thanks Pompeyjim for your kind offer to assist with the testing once the final criteria have been agreed.

Just 2 days remain for members to provide their thoughts on this stage of the initiative, so if you have any ideas regarding possible criteria, or can help me to define parameters for the criteria that have been proposed so far, then please get your comments down in writing.

All the best.

Rob.

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:00 pm

I have read most of what has been put over and looks to have covered most aspects, only hope trying to do a QUICK METHOD, may over look something, otherwise, pleased to see many members giving over points and now waiting to see the final outcome.

Good luck Rob, hope to god we do not start with beginners luck and have a graph showing a downward curve afterwards, as this what happen with "One trick jockeys", winners at good prices, then a decline.

I think you have this in your notes with one ride and one runner from trainer plus long and short distances to race course.

Bring it on mate, bring it on and make the OLBG a profitable place to come and this thread to be massive. :<a href=/school/lesson15.php>NAP</a>: :hope:
The bookies, might award you a payment to stop producing if the winners come in :D :D :D Refuse mate refuse :D
OLBG Moderator

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:21 pm

Great thread guys. The update that Rob did is basically a comprehensive guide to reading form and anyone who bets on NH racing should give it a read - I hope you can find a workable system out of it.

The only addition I would make is related to racecourse type, and would be whether the horses had to jump left / right. I think that’s as important, if not more so, a factor as adulations / stiffness.

Best of luck, and keen to see how you get on! :win:

Robmull
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Robmull » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:11 pm

Thanks for the latest responses:

meoldmate, I have added one trick trainer’s and jockeys to the list of possible criteria.

DannyCraig, the ability of horses to race right/left handed is included, as this information is easily accessible, but I cannot find a reliable source of data which indicates whether a horse jumps to the right or left, so have reluctantly left this idea off the final list.

This discussion stage is now complete, so we move on to stage 2 in which all OLBG members have the opportunity to vote for the final criteria that will be used to build the system.

Members can place their votes via the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=66725

All the best.

Rob.