December One-A-Day Comp (Race 2, 16th-31st)

Delboy980
Stallion
Tips

Re: December One-A-Day Comp (Race 2, 16th-31st)

Postby Delboy980 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:54 am

12.20 Uttoxeter

AZA RUN

Trainer Shaun Harris ..... ..... ...... ..... ...... ..... ..... ...>Jockey Jack Quinian

A Shaun Harris trained 7 year old who has had 16 races over the hurdles winning twice and has finished in the frame 3 times. He won at Leicester in Feb in a class 5 handicap hurdle over 1m 7 1/2 on heavy going when made fav , then won last time out 43 day's ago here at Uttoxeter in another class 5 handicap hurdle over 2 miles on good to soft going, ridden by today's jockey Jack Quinian , where he was held up , making good headway approaching the final flight , to win by 1 1/2 lengths.He back in a clas 5 handicap over 2 miles on heavy going, this gelding showed promise when winning over c/d last time out under today's jockey, he is a winner also on similar going as today at Leicester has a chance of following up in this race today.

Vivian
At Stud
Tips

Postby Vivian » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:58 am

12.20 Uttoxeter

CEST DU GATEAU

A horse who will love today's going. He is nicely handicapped and the drop in distance could be to his advantage. He was unlucky LTO to hit a fence but pulled back to 4th, he could well have won if not for that error. He is a lightly raced maiden, but today looks to be a great opportunity to break his duck. Today's jockey has had some good hurdle results. I expect a decent ride.

1.45 Lingfield

MR SCARAMANGA

He is a C & D winner. 50% of his AW runs have ended in the frame. The handicapper has been quite kind to him and he is reasonably weighted. His last race was over 10f, which proved to be 2f to long. The drop back to the mile will be favourable. I have a slight concern with the draw but am relying on Adam Kirby to give him a sensible and decent ride.

fenster
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby fenster » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:03 pm

12.20 - C'EST DU GATEAU

Had just four starts overall, beaten just 40 lengths by a current 133 rated novice and just a dozen lengths behind subsequent improving winner (form that looks half-attractive in such a weak race), then last time out 4th in his first handicap. Possible the conditions wont stop him as much as most others. Trainer has a liking for the track.

1.45 - MR SCARAMANGA

Tried in much higher grade than this, beaten just 10 lengths in St James Palaces Stakes earlier in year. Three runs at this track - won over course and distance, touched off in a listed race and ran okay last time over trip too far (1m2f). That was after a 4 month break, so back at optimum distance, on preferable surface, against inferior opposition, solid chance if putting his best foot forward. Trainer has been in good form this past month.

ejanbow
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby ejanbow » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:04 pm

Uttoxeter 12.20

CLOCK ON TOM

Really can't make my mind up so going for one with a name I like, sorry Gman but the way my luck is this month it is as good a way as any.

Clock On Tom was a decent 2nd in his last race. Goes well on soft going. Has form here at Uttoxeter and copes well with the distance. Has done most of his racing over 10f on the AW but has regularly placed over this distance.

Good luck all :win:

Carpo Marx
At Stud
Tips

Postby Carpo Marx » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:05 pm

uttoxeter 12.20

aza run
The Shaun Harris 7yr old looks to have the credentials to win this, a win last time out over the course in a field of 13 on good to soft was a decent effort. His only other win came at Leicester but more importantly that was on heavy ground and prior to that ran a 2nd at Uttoxeter on heavy ground. Rider Jack Quinian retains the ride.

lingfield 1.45

brex drago
The 5yr old was only acquired by trainer Marco Botti in January this year and looked to have run disappointingly since. However he was gelded in July and has since ran an excellent race at Lingfield in a Class 3 over 1m 2f coming 2nd when headed within the last 100yds. Prior to being transferred he had a good record in Italy winning 9 races and was even tried in Group 3. Has a new jockey on board today in Daniel Muscutt and could be ready to strike.

Guddah
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby Guddah » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:13 pm

C’ Est Du Gateau

Poor race with several having chances
Lightly raced and open to improvement after only four runs
Trainer and jockey get their share of winners
Ground ok and has run well on heavy
Can only be hopeful for some points in a tricky race :D

MYSTIQUE MOON

Good trainer and jockey
Very good form but has not run for some time
Has won over the distance
Has a reasonable draw and should go well
Very hopeful for some points :D

Delboy980
Stallion
Tips

Postby Delboy980 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:19 pm

1.45 LINGFIELD

MUTAWATHEA

Trainer Simon Crisford ..... ...... ...... ... . ..... .... .......> Robert Havlin

A Simon Crisford trained 6 year old, who has had 12 races on the a/w winning 4 times and has finished in the frame 2 times. His previous win was over 1 mile way back in July 2015 in a class 4 handicap at Kempton, and then won again last time out 17 day's ago in a class 2 handicap over 1 mile at Chelmsford ridden by today's jockey Robert Havlin when staying on well at the finish to win by 1 3/4 lengths beating one of today's rivals London. He back in a class 2 handicap over 1 mile, this gelding put in a good effort last time out over this distance , he has won on this course over 6f and has better form on the a/w than the flat, has a chance of following up in this race today.

geordieracer
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby geordieracer » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:39 pm

Too early...

Lingfield 1.45
GORING

Won last time out over c and d just 12 days ago. Won that pretty cosily and a 5 pound rise might not stop him doubling up
Yard in solid form.

ejanbow
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby ejanbow » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:37 pm

Lingfield 1.45

LONDON

London tends to do two good runs in a row and was 2nd last time out. Has Luke Morris in the plate so a good omen. Has raced once here and was 4th of 11. Up in trip but has raced over further.

Good luck all :win:

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:12 pm

Ok, final results. A bit messy getting the races all in but we got there in the end!

https://i.imgur.com/bwsMocl.png

https://i.imgur.com/Fclgjn0.png

Well done to the first and second this race as UnderdogsLover romps home, the big move coming on the 28th as he hit a 66/1 2nd for over 200 points. He sealed the deal with the winner of the last race today.

RobMull has come good from a sluggish start to take second with some quality selections over the last week or so. Better out of the stalls next month Rob :wink:

So, Prizes:

1st - UnderdogsLover - £10

2nd - RobMull - £5

Any issues with the scores let me know asap as I will now be emailing in the prize requests for this race and the first race of the month. Finally, may I think you all for your support over the last year, I think we always have a good bit of banter and fun with this little comp and I hope you enjoy it. I wish you all a Happy, safe and peaceful New Year. See you tomorrow for the next race :win:
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

ghowarth76
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby ghowarth76 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:54 pm

Well done to the winners. I struggled today.

Well done to GMAN for organising the comp. it has not been easy particularly over the last week or so.

Wishing you all a happy new year when it comes.