WOLVERHAMPTON 1.10- 4.50

KEMPTON 4.45 - 8.15

FLEMINGTON 4.00 - 5.05

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Horse racing Discussion and information Tuesday 7th November

Postby meoldmate » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:12 pm

My selections have not bear fruit since Saturday, hopefully we can place over something for Tuesday racing.

REDCAR 3.55 six furlong race on soft ground.

I was going to write an open looking race but the bookies have a short price favourite, not really but at 5/2 with AWESOME ALLAN who won over course and distance eight days ago and he is racing off the same mark of 62, he looks well in to achieve another win as his highest winning mark is 77 and this mark was at Nottingham over a furlong shorter than this back in 2016.
When winning here last week he was drawn in stall ten, today he has stall four and this may not stop him from running another big race, the reason he has no penalty is due to him winning an apprentice race. He was carrying 9-3 and today 9-10 a raise of seven pounds on his back and his jockey Matt Cosham takes off three pound just like Katherine Glenister who rode him to victory.
Awesome Allan was a made favourite and won at 100/30 so money was down to run a big race and today looks the same with him being 5/2 with most firms

View

Would not put anyone off this in form three year old who has won three races from nineteen turf races and he has never group wins together, could be vulnerable to one he that might be capable of making the weight count.

RACQUET four year old who only race seven days ago at Catterick and was beaten over six lengths. He has won over this trip and he achieved this six furlong victory at Ayr in August on good ground and his second win was at Ayr too over the same distance as today and this was in July on good to soft, his first win was at Salisbury, this was when trained by Richard Hannon.

View

Not the most consistent of horses for winning, his step back up to this trip could promise more but I feel he will have to find something to upset the above horse.

AMBITIOUS ICARUS seems to be seen every week with 114 races under his belt, this eight year old has won seven races on turf and six furlongs may tax him as his wins have come at five furlongs.

View

Not the most consistent of horses and I would rather watch than play, 11/1 looks on the small side, would be expecting at least 20's for this one.

A massive outsider AMHERST ROCK a three year old who has not shown much in four races, he started out with Charlie Appleby went to John Butler and now with Luke McJannet who trains in Newmarket. He was last seen at Wolverhampton and was last behind Glenn Coco who finished in second place at Kempton on Monday.

View

Easily passed over

Tracy Waggott has had ten winners this season and three have come from four year old's and she has raced this age thirty times to produce this win factor. Today she has MARKET CHOICE who is a 16/1 chance. This bay gelding started out with Michael Dods until April of this year.

View

Inconsistent as this one has raced ten times for Tracy and been placed once.

Filly NERLLIE'S DANCER arrives here in fair form with two seconds and the last was a maiden at Southwell on the all weather and before this at Chelmsford. She has performed with distinction on grass with three places from seven outings.

View

Has reached twelve races without winning and when endowing soft ground she has been beaten six lengths, possibly six lengths will be the distance she is back again today.

Eric Alston has his nine year old out for the 83rd run and this bay gelding BARKSTON ASH has won ten times, not many. He has course and distance form and this was way back in 2013 and beat Captain Scooby by two lengths and giving him seven pounds.

View

Not won since 2014 and this takes in 35 races without getting his head in front, not one to make money with.

COOL STRUTTER was behind Awesome Allan here eight days ago and then came out the next day at Catterick and was beaten a head by Redrosezorro on soft ground. Has only won two from 31 outings which takes in all weather and grass races, since his last win at Newcastle in September 2016 he has been placed numerous times.

View

Seems capable of running a fair race and whether he can win this race remains to be seen but placed could be on the cards and 6/1 is not a great Each Way play price but it is a return on your stake but a small one.

Charles Smith trains in Temple Bruer in Lincolnshire and he has not had a winner with four year old's and older this season but ROBBIAN could be of interest here as he is now racing off a low mark of 48 three pounds lower than his best mark. He was third at Catterick and Cool Strutter was 1 1/2 lengths behind this one and he is four pounds better off with and could easily swap places. He has won three races from twenty six runs and all his wins have come on soft and heavy ground.

View

I find this six year old interesting as his winning form from last year appeared in October with two on the bounce and with him finishing a close third last time out could be an indication of coming into form and rates a big danger to Awesome Allan.

The filly HENRIETTA'S DREAM a three year old who is sired by Henrythenavigator and she has raced twelve times without a winning result and been placed twice.

View

Would like to see more of this one before placing a punt on and therefore best watched.

Second runner for Tracy Waggott and MIGHTY BOND has a real look of being inconsistent with no wins from twenty one outings.

View

Not trusting my investment in this five year old who looks to find things hard to get placed never mind win, poor form.

Eleven year old CAPTAIN SCOOBY this old boy has been rewarding over the years and still warrants respect from time to time espicailly if he breaks well, he is one of those horses, who may be worth playing with "in running".
201 races under his belt and I remember an owner of him going over the moon when he last won.

View

Followed him lots but today, he could be finishing fast but not fast enough, if using the slider with Betfair, you could get fifth or sixth place returns, this you will have to check out.

ROMAN TIMES was well behind Racquet at Ayr in August and will have to do wonders to reverse the form with this one, has raced twice more since then and never threaten.

View

She is right out of form and possibly making up the numbers.

The outsider of the field at 100/1 KIRKBY'S PHANTOM a three year old and never shown anything to say I have a chance.

View

Dismissed

CONCLUSION

AWESOME ALLAN could take all the beating but I feel if one is going to get him into second place then ROBBIAN could be the answer, the stone in weight difference could be the answer to a good result, as this six year old does act well on soft ground and as I have highlighted comes to hand at this time of year. 15/2 with Ladbrokes best price and 7/1 others with bet365 6/1,
Never know a forecast could be worth a thought, reverse of course.
COOL STRUTTER to finish in the top three could be happening but third place may be his and not first or second.

Good luck and if following hopefully rewarding. Have a good day.

Rolstherat
2yo
Tips

Postby Rolstherat » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:45 pm

Exeter 3:35 Rio Bravo 16/1, recent 2nd to an eventual Class 2 runner-up next time out :lose:

Exeter 4:10 Galactic Power 7/1 C&D winner :lose:

Redcar 13:20 Break the Silence 10/1, 6 consequetive top 3 finishes, down in trip :<a href=/school/lesson15.php>NAP</a>:

Wolverhampton 15:15 Windsor lot 14/1, recent winner at Bath and slightly down in trip :lose:

Lucky 15 EW
Last edited by Rolstherat on Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:58 pm

Rolstherat good luck with your Each Way Lucky 15 and if they all do you a first class justice, where do I send a stamped envelope address to with my begging letter inside :D :D :D
Joking a side, I hope you have a great day and be rewarded, with those prices, you be placing your thoughts on here from Paradise Island in the Bahama's.

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:13 pm

How come there's no Melbourne Cup in the tipping comp, when the Breeders Cup was ok at the weekend? Really fancied Ventura Storm at a tasty 33/1+. Classy G1 performer on his day, may well improve for the distance, does well at this time of year

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:04 pm

Shrews good point one of the biggest races around the world and nothing in the competition, strange, possibly been over looked.

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:52 am

I have just read rhe result of the Melbourne Cup and Joseph O’Brien horse Rekindling got up on the line to beat my selection and his father horse Johannes Vermeer and the Irish had the third with Max Dynamite.
Another plus is the Scottish raider Nakeeta came fifth, well worth the trip down under for Iain Jardine.
The first four home were all lowly drawn, shows where the best place to be drawn even over two miles.
Willie Mullins had sixth place with Thomas Hobson, he done the best from a wide draw of 20.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:29 am

I was happy with my third for Max Dynamite who I thought got a lovely tow inside scrapping the paint but hit some traffic problems off the bend. Not sure he’d have caught the first two who broke we’ll clear and the younger O’Brien strikes gold. Only 24 he has already had more success as a jockey and trainer than most have in their career in just one discipline!

Crofty11
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby Crofty11 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:13 am

Im looking at the Haldon gold cup, Nichols has two in it and has put Byrony Frost up on the apparently second string. his other is the favourite.

Frost has a 38% win strike rate for Nicholls in the last 12 months, and over fences on all her rides she has a 22% strike rate. Not too shabby...indeed.

She has never ridden this horse before San Benedetto , usually ridden by twiston davies or Schofield.

in this race twiston is on the Fav and Schofield is riding for lavelle. Schofield has ridden 15 times for her in the last 12 months out of around 180 runners, so not a regular rider.

The owners have only had a claimer on 4 times in the horses career, so i guess they think putting frost up will help his chances.

The horse itself has a 50% strike rate over fences , so is a decent sort.

I think frost is great value for her 5lb claim and so I am going to select her mount today EW.

Robmull
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Robmull » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:32 am

Well, the European trained runners certainly enjoyed bragging rights in the Melbourne Cup, with only my Each Way selection BIG DUKE (4th) finishing in the top 7 places for the locals.

Although there is plenty of racing in the UK including an excellent card at Exeter, for which I have posted a couple of selections for the tipping competition, the Maiden Hurdle (1.25) at Fairyhouse caught my eye as a race that could produce some very interesting horses for the future.

Monbeg Worldwide and Canardier who are both unbeaten in bumpers head the market, but are both making their seasonal/hurdle debuts, so at current prices, it may be worth chancing a horse with a bit of hurdling experience.

JETZ is closely related to former Champion Hurdle winner, Jezki and remains a maiden after 4 starts in Bumpers (2) and Maiden Hurdles (2), but has run well in each race, never finishing worst than fourth. He is likely to appreciate racing on the tight inner track and should be capable of rewarding Each Way support at current best odds of 13/2.

Finally, I would like to wish everyone all the best with their selections and hopefully we can find some good winners on this thread today.

Recent blogs:

Profitable Horse Racing Betting System – Using the VALUE CALCULATOR to Assess Handicap Chases
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412478

Profitable Horse Racing Betting System – Using the VALUE CALCULATOR to Assess Handicap Hurdle Races
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412771

Profitable Horse Racing Betting System – Using The VALUE CALCULATOR To Assess All Weather Flat Handicaps
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412740

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:35 pm

Woofie at 33/1 is worth an ew in the 7.45 Kempton. Record at Class 6 is 2-1-3-3-1 and a decent enough 5l 3rd over CD in June. Class 5 too hot and 14f too short last time. Should have a much better chance tonight.