HUNTINGDON 12.40 - 3.20

CARLISLE 12.55 - 4.10

CORK 1.05 - 4.20

ians6290
Group 1 Class
Tips

Re: Horse racing Discussion and information Sunday 5th November

Postby ians6290 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:34 pm

Not really a tip as such because of the price but I'm looking forward to see how Willoughby Court gets on today in the 14.50 Novices' Chase at Huntingdon. We may see him in the JLT at Cheltenham in March (half-brother to Champion Court who finished 2nd to Sir Des Champs in the 2012 JLT) but I also wouldn't be surprised if we saw Willoughby Court stepped up in trip in time.

In the One race a day competition I've gone for Cadeau George at 16/1 but I also think Beggars Cross has a good chance.

I narrowed it down to Cadeau George and Beggars Cross and have gone for CG mainly because it is a bigger price (16/1 at time of writing). The pick has won on a variety of goings and has won at this distance before and at this class. He has also won on right handed tracks, although it is his first career run at Carlisle. Ben Pauling has been finding some winners recently (4/14 - 29%) and so has the jockey, Daryl Jacob (6/20 - 30%). The pick also fits a similar profile to past winners of this race. Should go well off a mark of 122 unless this race is being used as a stepping stone for something else.

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:33 pm

132 members have looked in on the discussion page and no one has placed over a entry of some sort concerning the horse racing cards of today or even any other matter concerning this great sport of ours.

Yesterday I wrote up about one race and gave views on several runners and manage to hit on a nice price winner, hopefully today we can achieve the same result.

The race that I am going to look over is the 2.30 Carlisle Cumberland Handicap Chase over three miles and two furlongs, stamina test for sure.
Only fifteen runners but many bookies are going four places, which is pleasing.

The first to give a thought over is the top weight CHEF D'OEUVRE with champion jockey Richard Johnson in the plate. This six year old is having his first run of the season, looking at past starts, he has needed his first run and this race may be needed plus he can be vulnerable some poor fencing, affecting his chances and this race looks very competitive.

View

Think the ground being on the good side may be a bit lively for him and 10/1 with bet365 maybe about right, does stay though.

David PIpe has sent ABRACADABRA on a long trip up from Devon and this is his only runner here and he is a prominent player but seems to succumb to stronger stayers, ground looks to be in his favour.

View

David Pipe yard is not really ticking and even though this one could be happy with conditions but could find a few others that turn of foot in at the finish.

The white horse RUSSE BLANC ran a fine race in defeat over course and distance back in February of last season and only lost out to Blakemount by a length giving the winner a pound. He has won over course and distance in March 2015 and Presented was pulled up in that race and the ground was soft. He won off this race off a mark of 120, he is eight pounds higher and his form looked to of tailed off at the end of last season.

View

Ten year old and a good stayer, top jockey of the north Brian Hughes takes the ride and he will try and coax his mount along to be within a chance of challenging, this being his first run for over 220, possibly best watch.

Nigel Twiston-Davies has a habit of kicking the season off on the right foot with winners and he is doing so again and his stable runners should be respected, especially before the big guns start appearing. TEMPLEROSS shaped well on his appearance with a fourth at Uttoxeter and he was a beaten favourite. With this run under his belt he will be stripping a lot fitter today and worthy of a good display. He has never raced here before, with this being his second run over fences he could be progressing along the right lines.

View

Being a novice taking on strong handicappers could see him being hassled and could be found out, with the thought of him learning from this race and being more progressive during the season to come.

Rebecca Menzies six year old a big price runner called TOMKEVI is an old hand over fences for being so young as he was fencing in France at the age of three.
Has had two runs this term, won the first at Hexham and finished fifth at Sedgefield. Stamina looks to be his strength but ground today may not be soft enough to bring his staying powers into the equation.

View

Interesting runner but could be finding one or two staying stronger with that extra spurt of speed coming over the last.

Jonjo O'Neill has always been on the brink of success (my view) as his runners seem to be out shined but this season could be a different light appearing as he had a good winner yesterday at Ascot and today he has sent BEGGARS CROSS up from his Cheltenham stables as his only runner and this one is owned by Trevor Hemmings who loves to win here, as he is man from the North (so I believe). This seven year old looks a progressive sort and arrives here wit ha win under his belt from Worcester and he beat Sego Success with ease and giving an indication of more to come.
This win was over three miles and he could be even better served with a longer trip, which he is getting today.

View

I like this one a lot and could be making the journey from Gloucester pay, His sire is Presenting, stamina in breeding and looks a strong player here and worthy of support.

Tom George is another trainer who has A GOOD SKIN as his only runner of the day here and this eight year old is well handicapped to be a player but I think he will need to improve on his two runs so far. He has jumped fences seventeen times and only won two and been placed six times and this one is by Presenting too, stamina not a concern form is.

View

Seven pounds lower than his best mark of 130 which was achieved at Cheltenham in 2015, he has raced off 123 and 127 in his last two races and not been successful, starting to suspect his form and might need a few more pounds off to see him being a winner.

Victor Dartnell has BINDON MILL in the race and this one looks a good stayer and can make his presence felt here but will need to jump cleaner to make him more competitive.

View

Only jumped fences four times and could be progressing along the right lines and if jumping well could be a significant player.

CONCLUSION

With the above race and selected runners taken into view, the one I am going to place up is BEGGARS CROSS who can enjoy the run of the race with Aidan Coleman having his mount just off the pace, Inform and looks a progressive sort who could be in for a good season .

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:01 pm

Is it just my system but when watching racing from the bookies does anyone have issues with stop start picture and when the sound goes the picture runs smoothly.

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:42 pm

Two horses I never thought would be in the picture battled out the finish, exciting finish and the old boy of the race showed his battling skills to win.

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:46 pm

Not really a tip as such because of the price but I'm looking forward to see how Willoughby Court gets on today in the 14.50 Novices' Chase at Huntingdon. We may see him in the JLT at Cheltenham in March (half-brother to Champion Court who finished 2nd to Sir Des Champs in the 2012 JLT) but I also wouldn't be surprised if we saw Willoughby Court stepped up in trip in time
WILLOUGHBY COURT looks the part for sure but being his first run over fences he could be vulnerable to being a bit novicey and Alan King THE UNIT could be the one that may be able to pick him off with slicker fencing, good race to watch.

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:59 pm

WILLOUGHBY COURT class got him home but his jumping needs to pick up but he will with time and then he will be a good horse and jumping to the left could see him going well on left handed tracks and Cheltenham could prove more to his liking with undulations helping him to stay focus in teh job in hand.
The one to take from the race is Nicky Henderson charge Cassablanca Mix as she stayed on really well to gain second place and she looks a winner in the making, probably at very short odds.

ians6290
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby ians6290 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:11 pm

Thanks meoldmate I've not watched the race yet but will be watching it later on I'll keep an eye on Casablanca Mix too.

redboy
Stallion
Tips

Postby redboy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:55 pm

Not everyones cup of tea I know , but I am curious to why there are no All Weather meetings held on a Sunday. I'm sure Chelmsford held one after reopening but I dont understand why they arent more regular. We have 4 a/w courses now (UK) and in those dark and dreary nights ahead we will have 3 meetings a day at times - surely tucking one away for a Sunday shouldnt be too hard to organise ?

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:05 pm

Not everyones cup of tea I know , but I am curious to why there are no All Weather meetings held on a Sunday. I'm sure Chelmsford held one after reopening but I dont understand why they arent more regular. We have 4 a/w courses now (UK) and in those dark and dreary nights ahead we will have 3 meetings a day at times - surely tucking one away for a Sunday shouldnt be too hard to organise ?
Those horses need a day off, they already run six days a week!

redboy
Stallion
Tips

Postby redboy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:11 pm

Those horses need a day off, they already run six days a week!
:P

There's plenty of sand dancers out there - surely one of the weekday meets could be scheduled in for a Sunday instead.

Robmull
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Robmull » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:50 pm

There are actually 6 all weather tracks in the UK, namely:

Chelmsford
Kempton
Lingfield
Newcastle
Southwell
Wolverhampton

As winter draws on, there will be some all weather meetings scheduled for Sundays, so it is not all bad news redboy :console: