November One-A-Day Comp (Race 1, 1st-15th)

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

November One-A-Day Comp (Race 1, 1st-15th)

Postby Gman84 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:16 pm

ONE A DAY

Hello and welcome to the one a day competition for November. Regular runners will have a good idea of how this works already but for maiden runners and for those with plenty of experience please read on as there are a couple of subtle changes this month.

How It Works

Nothing has changed in terms of how we run the race. They'll be two races each month. The first will run from the 1st day of the month to the 14th with the second running from the 15th of the month to the last day of the month. Each day a race will be nominated and you are asked to provide a selection for this race. You must also give reasons for your selection but please note the following as this is crucial:

Anyone who doesn't put in the effort and writes something like "I fancy X to win because he is white and they are faster", "I like his name", "my friend told me so" etc. etc. won't be considered nor will any copy + pasting from other sites. YOU MUST INCLUDE AT LEAST 4 SEPARATE POINTS ON WHY YOU FANCY THE HORSE.

You need to make this reasoning at least 30 words but feel free to be as detailed as you like.

Please also note the following information:
- Do not edit your post once made.
- If your selection is a non-runner you can select again but please do this in a separate post.
- You can post a backup selection in case your first selection is a non-runner and you don't believe you'll be able to update your selection in the case of a non-runner. However, if your first selection runs then that is the one that will be scored.
- Failing to post a selection will see you not scored for that race. You can PM myself or another member to post on your behalf but again, the selection must be posted before the race starts.
- On the last race day if the competition is tight those in contention can PM me their selections and I'll hold them until the race starts. If I'm involved then I'll ask for a neutral to step forward and hold the selections until the off. This is so copying a fellow runners selection to assure the win/place is avoided.
- If a day's nominated race is on a card that is abandoned we will have two races the following day. If this occured on the last day of the race we'll run an extra race the following day whilst also starting a new competition.

Selecting Races - Back to one thread (for each race)

After discussions with regular runners in our races via PM it's clear that the thread a day isn't too popular and that you would all like some input in picking races so we'll revert back to one thread for picks and you can all have input in picking races. I've started the new thread (we'll do a thread for race 1 then a new thread for race 2 so it's easier for me to trace back for selections as I score up the races). I will usually pick the first race and the Saturday races but feel free to offer a race up if I seem to be taking my time.

I reserve the right to void a race if circumstances significantly change the dynamics of the race - ie, mulitple late withdrawn horses significantly reducing the field (below 6 runners).

Hope that makes sense, any questions ask here or PM me.

Please note, when selecting races, please refrain from MAIDENS/NOVICE events including BEGINNER CHASES as these can be difficult in placing a reasoning to. Handicaps and higher class races (listed, graded or group) are preferred but please try to find a race with a competitive sized field.

Scoring

We score as in previous months:
1st = 30pts + 5x SP
2nd = 20pts + 3x SP
3rd = 10pts + 2x SP
4th = 4pts + 1 x SP
5th = 1pts + 1 x SP

To encourage people to look away from favourites as well there will be bonus points for the price of the horse as shown above. This means that if someone picks a 2/1 horse that wins they will get 40pts (30 for winning and then 5 times 2/1 is 10 -> 30+10=40) while if someone picks a 10/1 shot that comes second they will get 50pts (20+30=50).

Please note, scores will be rounded up to one decimal place from January's second race!

Dead heats - the points of the places are added together and divided by the number that dead heated. i.e. if 1st place is a dead heat then both 1st placed will get 25 pts (30+20pts) and x4 SP (5+3/2 = 4).

Results and leaderboard
I will update this thread with race results ansd they'll be contained in the post directly after this one and an updated leaderboard. I hope to do this daily but please be patient as occasionally life will get in the way of me doing this promptly but I aim to do it daily.

In the event of any ties for prizes, the tied runners will be split by their highest scoring selection for the month, regardless of actual finishing position (ie, a 1st place scoring 100pts does not outrank a 2nd place scoring 120pts).

Please also check your scores. Mistakes do happen, I am only human :wink: I keep the scores on a google spreadsheet (which I can access from my phone so it's easy for me to keep it updated when on the move during the day). Any scoring queries please PM myself rather than posting in either this thread or one of the daily selection threads.

PRIZES

Those generous powers that be at OLBG are offering up cash prizes for the runners and riders:

1st place overall - £10

2nd place overall - £5

***If someone can pull off the monthly double, a £5 bonus***

If you know anyone interested in taking part or you've been a long time viewer of the forum who hasn't been inclined - for whatever reasons - to post much before please come and have a go, it's great fun, costs nothing and you can win real cash!! Take a look through previous month’s races/threads to see what’s expected and how it works.

I did a blog piece regarding the competition feel free to share if you are on Twitter or any other social media, be good to increase the field size as it will benefit the forum as a whole.

Finally, I'll wish our runners the best of luck and I hope you'll take part and run hard but fair. Any questions, again, please ask in this thread or preferably, PM myself. :win:

First race of the month:

18:55 - Kempton, Class 4 Handicap

jammat001
At Stud
Tips

Re: November One-A-Day Comp (Race 1, 1st-15th)

Postby jammat001 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:34 pm

KEMPTON 6.55 INNOKO

This Robert Stephen trained gelding has won five times on the flat from one mile to one mile five furlongs and a hurdle race over two miles and has been in good form since moving to his current trainer from the A W Carroll stable the latest over one mile six furlongs on good to soft ground at Yarmouth when only beaten 3/4 length by Hope Is High so with P Cosgrave back in the saddle he has to be high on the shortlist tonight

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:04 pm

Michael Madgwick trains in Denmead and has a limited supply of runners and this one could be giving the yard a good lift, with a big run, he is eight now and stepping down in class could see him being progressive in this two mile handicap.
His mark of 82 gives him a positive look with him racing off high marks.
He has raced here before and finished in second place and tonight he could be going one place better.

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:05 pm

The name of the horse is POYLE THOMAS.

Carpo Marx
At Stud
Tips

Postby Carpo Marx » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:44 pm

Kempton 6.55

Denmead

One of the youngsters in this race trained by John Butler who appears to run much better on the AW than turf. Has a decent record at Kempton with a win and two 2nds out of three appearances. Has won in Class 4 and should run prominently throughout the distance. Has a new partner in the saddle with Adam Kirby which is no great hardship as he knows his way around this course.

brandysnap
At Stud
Tips

Postby brandysnap » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:05 pm

KEMPTON 6 55

CAPTAIN NAVARRE

COMFORTABLE WINNER OVER 11F IN MARCH,HAS CHANGED STABLES SINCE JOINING THE IN FORM CHARLIE FELLOWES WHO IS 36% IN THE LAST FORTNIGHT,RAN WELL WHEN STEPPED UP TO THIS DISTANCE IN A BETTER RACE THAN THIS LTO BEATEN 5 LENGTHS AT YORK,HAS NEVER FAILED TO MAKE THE PLACES IN 5 RACES ON THE AW AND CAN KEEP THAT RECORD UP/

ians6290
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby ians6290 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:18 pm

Captain Navarre

His highest RPR is 86 and the two runs he's had at Kempton during his career have been given RPRs of 84 and 83, of which one was a class 4 handicap the same as today's race which he won off a 2 pound higher mark so he does have the ability at this class and on this course. He spent 18 months off the track before coming back September of this year and hopefully it wasn't anything serious enough to stop him being able to win at this level again. He wears a visor for the first time today which will hopefully bring some improvement. The trainer, Charlie Fellowes, has a good and consistent strike rate at Kempton (20%).

royalscot
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby royalscot » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:54 pm

TETRADRACHM

trained by David Simcock with Adam Beschizza in the saddle, no stranger to running on the aw track, will have no problem, with the distance of around 16 furlongs, is no stranger, to class 4 races, has ew appeal, in todays contest.

bluemal
Stallion
Tips

Postby bluemal » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:17 am

Well done fenster for winning both half's of month and those runners up also Thanks Gman for the good work running comp,

Kempton 6:55

Denmead.....from John Butler yard the 4yo has won three times from 1m 5f to 2m including 2 wins on the all-weather with last win coming here over todays distance winning by 1.75 lengths in class 4 race and in between this race and a 2nd place here he ran a class 2 turf race at Goodwood 2m 4.5 furlongs when 5th of 15runners .

His last race was 39 days ago at Newmarket over 2m 2f (good) Betfred Cesarewitch Trial Handicap another class 2 when he finished 13th of 20 runners , The good thing is he's dropping back to class 4 and on a track that he's ran well at this year they also bring a good AW jockey Adam Kirby ,

geordieracer
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby geordieracer » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:44 am

Kempton at night?

It must be the National Hunt Season!

KING CALYPSO

Just a ouple of uonds higher than his last winning mark he has won here a few times including once over C and d

Tom Queally aboard and given his good record at this track the horse has o come in to the reckoning in a weakfish looking event

Delboy980
Stallion
Tips

Postby Delboy980 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:59 am

6.55 Kempton

DENMEAD

Trainer John Butler ... .. ..... .... .... .....> Jockey Adam Kirby

A John Butler trained 4 year old who has had 9 races on the a/w , winning Twice and has finished in the frame 5 times. He last won here at Kempton over c/d in a class 4 handicap in June this year, when making all to win by 1 3/4 lengths. He was back again in the Aug in the class class of race over the same distance , where he got headed 2 furlongs out finishing 2nd beaten 2 1/4 lengths. He back in a class 4 handicap over 2 mile and has a change of jockey with Adam Kirby taking the reins for the first time. This gelding only 4 year old is making progress, he appears much better on the a/w than the flat , and runs very well on this course over c/d in this class of race. He is 7lbs higher than his last win here, has a good e/w shout in this race tonight.

pumpdaball
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby pumpdaball » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:18 am

18:55 - Kempton, Class 4 Handicap

Denmead

This gelding trained by John Butler and ridden today by Adam Kirby, will be the one all of the others will be monitoring closely, for if he gets into his comfort zone out in front there are not many here that can do much about it. His last race was the 18 furlong Cesarewitch Trial at Newmarket, and it proved well beyond him, he finished down the field in 13th place of the 20 runners beaten 48 lengths, not too much can be read into that margin as he was allowed to finish in his own time when his chance was obviously gone. This race is more his cup of tea, and more importantly a drop in distance and class too, there is every reason to be hopeful that Dunmead should be concerned in the finish of this race, he has the ability, he has no issues with the track or going. and with Kirby in the saddle there is no excuse on a reasonable mark. Of course Denmead not a machine, and provided he is fit and well and runs up to his form, he has as good a chance to win this as any of his rivals.
"Drain all the water off this planet and we are all sharing the same piece of ground"