Horse racing Discussion and information Sunday 29th October

redboy
Stallion
Tips

Horse racing Discussion and information Sunday 29th October

Postby redboy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:06 pm

Racing from Aintree , Wincanton , Wexford and Galway.

Normally I have a look over in France to see if anything catches the eye - trainer / jockey taking a rare foray - but nothing catches the eye as there are a few raiders going over. What is a personal gripe of mine though is when a trainer is allowed to go mob handed in one race.
The 1.35 at Saint Cloud has a nice pot of €157,500 for the winner and the trainers are within their rights as far as rules allow go to enter as many runners as they like , but come on , O'Brien has 4 entered out of 7 runners - that cant be right. It happened recently in Italy a 5 race field had 4 runners from the same trainer. I understand that there will be different owners for the same trainer but how does the trainer approach the race knowing all owners expect the same thing ?

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: Horse racing Discussion and information Sunday 29th October

Postby Shrews » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:25 pm

how does the trainer approach the race knowing all owners expect the same thing ?
From my experience of racehorse ownership the owners would love a race against other owners, it's a bit like a local Derby in football!

Our horse (Champagne Prince) as a 2yo was not seen as the best 2yo in the yard and that niggled a little bit, as when visiting the stable all the talk seemed to be about 'Sea Dane'. As 3yo's their paths went in separate ways, ours a 10f horse, Sea Dane sticking to sprinting, but as 2yo there was a 'buzz' that Sea Dane and Champagne Prince may well meet over 7f at some point in the season.

2yo
Champagne Prince won over 7f at Chester off a mark of 89 achieving a final 2yo mark of 96
Sea Dane won a class 3 conditions

3yo
Champagne Prince suffered a stress fracture on the gallops and knocked his confidence, best run a place in a class 3 handicap at Chester, ended on a mark of 83
Sea Dane won a Listed at Newcastle over 6f, ended the season on a mark of 102

4yo
Champagne Prince returned in style winning a class 4 at Newmarket on his third run back, then winning the Zetland Gold Cup at Redcar, and a class 2 at Epsom on Derby day, He finished the season on a mark of 96

Sea Dane failed to place as a 4yo but still ended the season a mark of 100

It was a great time, but from my experience owners really aren't that bothered about racing against each other, in fact they might look forward to it. What they are bothered about is the trainer doing their very best for the horse and I know we were very happy with how Peter Harris trained and managed our horse.

https://www.racingpost.com/profile/hors ... gne-prince
https://www.racingpost.com/profile/hors ... 8/sea-dane

GazzaTAFC
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby GazzaTAFC » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:54 am

Still very much re-learning the National Hunt game (parents were owners back in the 90's but I've somehow converted to flat racing ever since) so excuse my tentative selections.

On the lookout for some big priced horses to run well Each Way:-

In the 1.35 at Wincanton, The Ogle Gogle Man catches the eye. Making its rules debut following a comfortable 4l success in an Irish points race over 3m in May where the two behind him have both gone on to win. Bought by Charlie Mann for £36k since and can run well with Paddy Brennan in the saddle.

In the 3.20 at Wincanton, Il Sicario can again run well after finishing second at Stratford last time out behind the very impressive Gumball. Won a couple of times for Mark Johnston on the flat but has yet to really make his mark over timber. Hopefully this track will be a little easier on him with the addition of headgear. He's up against some equally unexposed types so has every chance of making the frame once more.

Finally, in the 3.35 at Aintree, Matorico has dropped to a very tempting mark and should appreciate the step back up in trip (3rd when last seen over 3m and that was in a class 2 handicap). Needs to improve on what he's shown chasing so far but that's distinctly possible with a Jonjo O'Neill horse ridden by Aidan Coleman. If he can replicate anywhere near his hurdles form he could be thereabouts at the finishing line.
Tonbridge Angels fan and wannabe bookie basher!

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:17 am

Thanks for the info Shrews about ownership, interesting.

With only two races looked at with Aintree, I am hoping to see a very good run from a horse in the 1.15 VERTIGO this one is only a five year old and open to plenty of improvement.
What I like about this one is that he carried a big weight at Perth last time out and only went down by 1 1/2 lengths giving twenty one pounds away to the winner.
Today he is carrying a decent weight and receiving and hopefully he can see out this new trip. as he has won over twenty one furlongs and good ground could be suiting a lot better than the heavy of Perth.
12/1 is a good price to go to war with and if Vertigo comes good, better still.

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:34 am

1.50 Aintree looks an intriguing race to figure with and I was wondering if GAS LINE BOY was within a chance of winning but looking at his form with CLOUDY TOO, at these weights Ian Williams charge has to find at least a length , which is not possible.
THE ROMFORD PELE raced in the champion bumper of 2012 and that form has stood it's time with winners and this one will need to find some lengths if using a line of form with Lamb and Cod.
POTTERS CROSS is slightly worse off with THEATRICAL STAR from the Chepstow run and using a form guide with Shotavodka then CLOUDY TOO could hold sway over this one too.
NO PLANNING did beat Cloudy Too but was eleven pound better off on this day and Cloudy Too could be reversing places with this one here today, staying with No Planning he lost to KATKEAU and was receiving seven pounds and beaten 16 lengths and David Pipe horse beat Gas Line Boy giving him ten pounds, only three pounds the difference today.
Cloudy Too could be ideally weighted to hold Katkeau.
The annoying part, I cannot find an argument with BENBENS, possibly missed something and if I have, hopefully another member can spot this and tell me.
I was thinking of doing THE ROMFORD PELE but CLOUDY TOO looks more enterprising with what I can establish with the weights.

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:00 pm

The opener at Aintree is interesting. The market has changed significantly during the last 24 hours and now the Henderson runner is a couple of points clear in the market. However, his PTP form is mediocre and the yard aren’t yet in full swing. Global Citizen should have a fitness edge and looks a decent prospect. I prefer him at 3-1.

Robmull
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Robmull » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:41 pm

The Veteran’s Handicap Chase (1.50 Aintree) appears to be very competitive with 16 declared runners, but may just be worth a small Each Way investment, as 4 places are on offer (hopefully there will be no late non runners).

There are a few stats that may assist punters to whittle the field down to a more manageable level, namely:

Horses aged 10 years old (youngest age for participants in these races) have a good general record in these Veteran’s events and have won 7 of the last 9 renewals of this race, which reduces the field to just 6 qualifiers:

KATKEAU
THE ROMFORD PELE
CALL ME VIC
POTTERS CROSS
NO PLANNING
BOB TUCKER

Horses carrying between 10.07 and 11.05 have won 7 of the last 9 renewals of this race, which leaves just 4 qualifiers:

CALL ME VIC
POTTERS CROSS
NO PLANNING
BOB TUCKER

All of the last 9 winners were sent off at odds of no greater than 14/1.

At current prices (via Oddschecker) this stat suggests that CALL ME VIC and NO PLANNING are unlikely winners, as both are generally available at around 20/1, which leaves just 2 qualifiers:

POTTERS CROSS (current best odds 9/1) – is rather inconsistent, but has won 3 of his last 10 starts over fences, albeit has also pulled up on 4 occasions during this period. His current rating is 1 lb higher than his highest winning mark, although he last 2 successes have been achieved at this level (Class 2).

BOB TUCKER (current best odds of 10/1) – has also become rather inconsistent and has failed to win in 10 starts over fences since Kempton back in May 2016. His current rating of 126 remains 1 lb higher than his previous highest winning mark and has never won at Class 2 level.

My preference is for POTTERS CROSS (Each Way), but with my ability to regularly pick the wrong horse, it probably means that BOB TUCKER will win by a distance.

Finally, I would like to wish everyone all the best with their selections and hopefully we can find some good winners on this thread today.

Recent blogs:

How To Become A Sports Betting Millionaire (A Low Risk Strategy)
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412704

Profitable Horse Racing Betting System – Introducing the VALUE CALCULATOR
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412142

Profitable Horse Racing Betting System – Backing Value Selections in Multiple Bets
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=413048

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:14 pm

Disappointing that Global Citizen pulled so hard early on and didn’t settle better than the favourite.

Hoping for better from Another Frontier in the 1.15

benucci
At Stud
Tips

Postby benucci » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:39 pm

2.45 Wincanton

Gentleman Jon

This horse ran a good race here last time out over 20f and the longer trip will suit this horse as was making the pace lto and had not the gears to finish off.
Blog 1 closed: Benuccis Paddock Selections
Endbalance after 17 Days: +99,73 Units 1 Unit staked per Bet