meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Horse Racing Discussion and Information - Sunday 22nd October

Postby meoldmate » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:33 am

SOUTHWELL 1.30 - 5.10 all weather flat

LEAOPARDSTOWN 1.50 - 5.30 flat meeting

KEMPTON 2.10 - 5.20-jumps

We have two flat meetings today with one over hurdles and fences, competitive races to debate over and hopefully a winner or two, giving the discussion page a winning feeling.

misterjohn
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion and Information - Sunday 22nd October

Postby misterjohn » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:39 am

Treaty Of Rome 1640 south 13/2
Worth another go around here as its well bred for the surface it won over 6f here in this grade in april and the 7th that day has won off 74 Treaty has a good record around here with the visor 3rd 1st 1st 2nd 1st 2nd 2nd 4th so only 4lb higher than its last win looks worth ago

Beau Satchel 1630 Leopardstown 14/1 e/w This is well treated on its best form it won this off 78 last year and has a god record over 1m in the month of October 1st 12th 1st 1st and its record over 1m around here reads 2nd 1st 11th and its record over 1m in October with head gear on reads 1st 1st Beau has just had beck to back races at Dundalk it has only done that twice before and finished 2nd both times when returned to turf the jockey rides off 8-5 only three pound above his lowest weight this year and the last time he rode off 8-5 he won so i think this will run a massive race today and will bag back to back wins

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:57 am

misterjohn your selection has a good draw too and I like when Derek Shaw has runners here and TREATY OF ROME can run this course well as you pointed out. Derek Shaw has another in the field CAPTAIN LARS who also a course and distance winner who is well weighted to be more competitive than first thought.

ACE MASTER is well handicapped to give notice of a good run but age could be catching up being nine now, what a price to play at wit ha horse who seems to run well here and win with eight all weather wins to his name along with twelve place results from 34 outings.

One horse that has been costly for me is LUCKY BEGGAR who has never raced here but raced three times on the all weather without threatening, he is also on a dangerous mark and dropped in class, surely he can come good or is he on a downward curve and improvement will be limited with him being seven.

CROSSE FIRE, I have to mention as this one seems to excel on this course and he is racing off 75 ten pounds lower than his best mark from last year here and could be progressive but he has to find with TREATY OF ROME when last seen here.

Here are my thoughts on this race and TREATY OF ROME could be the one to take from this race, with me feared of LUCKY BEGGAR.

Is there anything else about this race, that I have not seen or missed or giving misterjohn selection another plus.

rolada
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby rolada » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:25 am

Any suggestions for Kempton Park today would be welcome as I plan a trip with the family there this afternoon. TIA :)
I like singles :)

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:51 am

The second race of the Kempton meeting sees Wayne Hutchinson having the one ride for his retaining trainer Alan King
SAINT CONTEST. This yards runners are going well and this bottom weight could be excelling with this being his second run of the season. Best price is 13/2 with BetVictor and a big run could be appearing.

JamPizza
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby JamPizza » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:55 am

Hi Rolada - hope you have a good day at Kempton :win:

For what it' worth (probably not much at the moment since I'm woefully out of form!).....
K3.15 Listen To The Man 2/1

I think 2/1 is a fair price to upset the favourite here with her mares allowance. It has the look of a progressive horse as it showed when stepping up 3 classes to win a 15 runner Listed race last time out. There's also definitely a suggestion that the favourite (Amour De Nuit) might underperform since it looks much better going left handed (55%) rather than right handed (14%)

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:00 pm

3,50 Kempton we might get a very good run for our money with joint bottom weight BREATH OF BLIGHTY from the Paul Webber yard whose jumping could see him land this race as the seven fences can catch a few of the more fancied runners out and getting 23 pounds from the favourite, he might exploit this position at 9/1 and is race fit, could be a progressive sort.

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:05 pm

In the lucky last JAISALMER could be well worth considering, this one looked to be winning on his last run but unseated Nico at the last, with a clear round this one could be a profitable player to end the day on.

JamPizza
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby JamPizza » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:09 pm

K4.50 Ramore Will 11/4

Has shown much improved form since wearing the hood and switching to the bigger obstacles. It's also quite telling that the horse has been well supported on each of its last few starts which is another positive. Looks a progressive horse and David Noonan rarely rides a bad race.

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:44 pm

that was a short race for me, Saint Contest gone just after the first, the first two races have gone wayward with Jumping Jack throwing the race away

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:58 pm

Hopefully my luck can change on the all weather at Southwell in the 3.05 coming up with CUSTARD THE DRAGON who seems well at home on this surface. John Mackie must think something of this four year old to run him at grade one tracks such as York and Ascot.
Could be well up for this racing off 85 for the fourth time, his first time was at Newcastle when third, with the other two being on grass at those two meetings I have already mentioned.
Joe Fanning in the saddle and this one could be giving him a better ride than his previous two here today.

misterjohn
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby misterjohn » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:23 pm

Kabber 1540 at 13/2 looks fair the trainer has a good strike rate here near on 30% and is bred to like the surface this won first time out for the trainer and worth another chance back on a/w