Horse Racing Discussion and Information - Saturday 21st October

PompeyJim
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion and Information - Saturday 21st October

Postby PompeyJim » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:23 pm

Just a quick update, Zipster mentioned on the opening thread that OLBG were awarding 2 x £10 cash prizes for quality tip comment analysis on the Champion Sprint (2pm) and the Champion Stakes (3.50pm).

Big thank you to all members who added their tips and analysis today, and confirming the two £10 prize winners are Robmull (Tasleet Each Way) and sixthformer (Cracksman), well done guys.

Robmull (Tasleet, Each Way)

"Perhaps I am clutching at straws by opposing the hot favourite Harry Angel, but all 3 of his career defeats have been inflicted at Ascot, so he may be worth opposing him at short odds. The other runners at the head of the market all have questions to answer, with Caravaggio having run well below his best since winning the Commonwealth Cup at Royal Ascot, whilst Quiet Reflection has suffered a truncated season and although she won last time out, the bare form leaves her with plenty to find. My selection is TASLEET, who won the Group 2, Duke Of York Stakes in May (Soft), was only beaten a neck by The Tin Man in the Golden Jubilee at Royal Ascot and whilst he was beaten 4 lengths by Harry Angel when second last time out in the Haydock Sprint Cup (Heavy), he finished 1 1/2 lengths ahead of The Tin Man in third place. The slow ground should hold no fears for him, whilst he is clearly at home at Ascot and with form that suggests that he should be in the mix at the end of the race, he is worth an Each Way investment."

sixthformer (Cracksman) -

"The drop to 10 furlongs is unlikely to inconvenience Cracksman who went to the front of the Derby field at that point in the race. Since his third at Epsom he's been beaten a neck in the Irish Derby before comfortably winning his last two starts. Poet's Word looks the most likely challenger and Highland Reel may be thereabouts despite ground concerns but I expect the favourite to win this."

Thanks again and well done guys.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

Robmull
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Robmull » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:31 pm

Thanks Pompeyjim,

Nice surprise to hear that I won a tenner for my TASLEET comment, just a shame the Librisa Breeze relegated him to be runner up again for the third time in Group 1 sprints this season - he really does deserve to win one of these if he races again next year.

Been out all day, so not watched any of the action at Ascot, but having reviewed the results I have also picked up 4 placepot dividends from my perm, but with all but one of the favourites finishing in the money, the return is only just over twice my outlay, still not bad considering I only found 1 winner :win:

I hope some members made a few quid on the day.

All the best.

Rob.

Pieros
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby Pieros » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:40 pm

Craftsman put that race to bed without any hassle, typical of me to look for a good price and not stay with a talented horse.
Very impressive as expected, he ll be fantastic next season with the Arc as main target I guess... my day was made by Persuasive backed at 22.0 on the exchanges yesterday night and returning at 8/1 sp :cool:

sidhousham
2yo
Tips

Postby sidhousham » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:00 pm

Been reading all the posts and must say they were well worth reading I would just like to say what a great days racing it was at ascot and though my tips floundered in the going .I still enjoyed the days racing and though order of st george proved how good he is the star of the day for me was Cracksman what a horse he has proved to be really looking forward to seeing him run next year as he looks likely to improve even more fantastic day

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:30 am

Congratulations to the winners of the rewards of the ten pounds, worthy notable reasoning for selections, great to see.