Horse Racing Discussion and Information - Thursday 19th October

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Horse Racing Discussion and Information - Thursday 19th October

Postby Gman84 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:04 pm

Any fancies today?

One that stands out at a price for me is at Brighton in Pour La Victoire. No real recent for but loves it at Brighton and best run oif the year came here. Five course wins between 6f-1m and as long as their is good in the description has a chance although likely would like it a bit faster. 16/1 generally is worth an e/w chance.

Carlisle and Uttoxeter have jump cards in the UK. Punchestown in Ireland also has a jumps card. Brighton has a flat fixture as does Newcastle on the AW this evening.

thegambler3700
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion and Information - Thursday 19th October

Postby thegambler3700 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Have 2 htf running this afternoon

Uttox 255 COUNTER SHY is out again but giving away 6lb to the horse from the Dan Skelton yard may just be too much for it. That horse is going to rate pretty highly this season

CARLISLE
CELTIC FLAMES (EW 6/1) - Only in a Conditional Jockeys race for its first handicap run. However given its a 7yr old and only had 4 runs he has improved greatly in each (was off for 700 + days). Drops back in trip here which is no bad thing and a mark of 108 looks lenient. Jockey also claims 6lb and given the going he will love it given his breeding. Only worry is trainer form however I still think this horse can rate much higher over hurdles before going chasing

SAPPHIRE NOIRE (ew 8/1) - A nice little mares race and its interesting that the trainer sends this one up here (trainers been in form and had a 43% strike rate here last year). Shes only had 4 runs and not shown much however the step up in trip will suit her and given this is her first handicap run and with doubts about others shes worth taking a chance on

jameswhufc
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby jameswhufc » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:02 pm

I notice Figeac in the 2:20 Uttoxeter has been hammered in from 40/1. I know there has recently been a rule 4 too but is as low as 4/1 now. Value is gone now, but seems significant since its the first runner since trainer got his license back.

thegambler3700
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby thegambler3700 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:07 pm

I notice Figeac in the 2:20 Uttoxeter has been hammered in from 40/1. I know there has recently been a rule 4 too but is as low as 4/1 now. Value is gone now, but seems significant since its the first runner since trainer got his license back.
did notice that only seems to be that and the favourite being backed maybe there is something to it? strange though backed from 40s lets see what it does