RaceCourse Guides - Please Help

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:49 am

Please do add any snippett or research that adds some detail to our track anaylisis.

That one bit of minor info posted may lead to a winning bet.

TDawgTipping
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby TDawgTipping » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:32 am

Just a few of my observations, I don't have notes as such so there may be more to come when they come to mind.

AYR
Going can get extremely testing in periods of wet weather (possibly suits horses who have gone well in the current conditions at the course in the past) and very firm in prolonged dry spells.

SANDOWN
Front runners with easy leads tend to stack up the field coming round the final bend and kick away on short run in. Can be difficult to peg them back, particularly with fast conditions underfoot.
Short run in also means it is extremely difficult to come from behind in big handicaps at distances greater than sprints.

man o bong
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby man o bong » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:34 am

I think these are all of the tracks that run a straight 7.
There are of course plenty that run a straight 5, 6 and 8 as well.

Ascot
Chepstow
Doncaster
Folkestone (not raced since 2012)
Laytown (beach course)
Leicester
Lingfield (Turf course)
Newbury
Newcastle
Newmarket (July)
Newmarket (Rowley)
Redcar
Salisbury
Yarmouth

Thanks Martin, much appreciated

TeddyT
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby TeddyT » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:47 am

Just wanted to bounce this excellent thread back into the latest posts.

Anyone managed to get any course details together yet?

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:38 am

Just wanted to bounce this excellent thread back into the latest posts.

Anyone managed to get any course details together yet?
Unfortunately Andrew Cooper from Sandown has still not replied but I did get an e-mail from Sandown telling me that my e-mail had been passed over to him and that I should get a reply soon.

mc1000
Classic Winner
Tips

Re: Track info post

Postby mc1000 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:29 am

Apologies for delay in post but just a suggestion for those who may have got together on this one I am strictly due to time a NH follower but have been for some time looking into why some horses run badly when expected to do well and have convinced myself it has a lot to do with the track. This was inspired by why some horses run wide have to be driven around bends and seem to jump off to the side when on recent form they have not shown these traits. I would suggest grouping the tracks by the following factors track times track bias track layout it is a work in progress but if the information is of use I will gladly forward it. Nice thread welshie1 I hope TeddyT nors deswalker etc all the best but it is a minefield when you start on this it has been driving me crazy for years. :?

deswalker
Legend
Tips

Postby deswalker » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:10 pm

Sorry everyone, with the forum problems last week I got behind catching up on this. I've got best man duties this weekend so it won't be until Sunday that I can do this...

Keep any comments coming and I'll confirm once I've got the first draft.

:win:
"The problem with the future is that there are more things that could happen than will happen" - Plato (liberally paraphrased)

Follow me on Twitter: @Nick_Crossland

mc1000
Classic Winner
Tips

?

Postby mc1000 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:41 pm

Hi I am not sure how this will would work as I only get to add info on my day off on Tuesdays (this being my weekly post..lol.) but for future reference as of today if my selections are labelled with (T) they are mainly defined by track information this will help me to test the course theories I am working on. But I would like to know where you guys will be posting your information on tracks/courses and how I might access this. Thanks Mike.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:16 am

Please continue adding info, whilst i think about it, i am not sure if Beverley is high numbers or whether they have reconfigured? Or with Goodwood coming up the bias on that track.

TDawgTipping
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby TDawgTipping » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:48 am

ASCOT

I've noticed over the last few meetings that there is a pretty heavy stands side bias (high draws favoured) in big fields at Ascot. I have based my bets around the Goingstick measurements here over the last few meetings and been quite successful. It is usually at least 0.2 units faster on stands side compared to far side so if there is no pace bias in the race, stands side will usually win at the moment. However if, as in the Diamond Jubilee, the pace is all on the far side, it is worth siding with the pace.

GOODWOOD

To agree with what was posted on the Glorious Goodwood thread by Robmull I've lost count of the number of horses who have been "unlucky" in running at Goodwood - is it a narrow track or is the ground faster far side? So it's worth focussing on those horses who can get good track positions - that's the approach I'll be taking next week anyway. I'm unsure of any track bias in sprints, but if the ground is on the soft side I will want to be on stand side drawn horses as the ground may be chewed up by the longer distance races on the far side.

davidg3907
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby davidg3907 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:54 pm

LEICESTER

Location.

Leicester is set in somewhat of a bowl with housing on all but the home straight. Head South on the A6 for about 1/2 mile and a line due East would meet no higher ground before the Ural mountains.

This makes the course a natural catchment area for rainfall heading to the brook that crosses the track about 4f from home.

Watering.

The HURDLES races are run on the FLAT course but CHASES are not.

Fences at Leicester are not easy and the one on the home turn used to claim many victims.

The course is only watered in the summer which in effect means the CHASE course is not watered at all but the HURDLES course is watered throughout the summer. The natural undulations of the back straight also mean that various amounts of water reach different parts but where the CHASE course crosses the FLAT course there may be a vast difference in conditions.

Layout.

The old straight mile has been shortened by a housing development that now makes 7f the longest straight race. The track widens after the 6f start so races over 6f and 7f have stalls on the rail if far side but although on the rail for a while if on stands side these become central - taking away some advantage the ' rail draw ' may have.

Features.

The course is right handed and galloping in nature.

A brook crosses the track just after the home turn, about 4f from home, and is the lowest point of the track. The ground can cut up badly here and on the turn into the the straight.

The straight course descends from the old mile start to this point where it rises gradually for about 2f before finishing virtually on the level. This makes stamina count, particularly where 2yos are involved or when the ground is soft / heavy.

The draw.

I tend to favour low numbers in all races where the ground is GOOD or better. This includes if the stalls are on the stands side for 6f/7f sprints but NOT to 5f races where there may be too much of a disadvantage ( other than in big fields ) to cross from the stands to the far side.

A bit more of a lottery in both sprints and races of 8f or more on soft / heavy ground where riders may simply be seeking the best ground available.

Notes.

By no means in the hierarchy of tracks, Leicester does have a habit of throwing up some very useful 2yos making their debut. Maiden winners from the Hannon yard in particular are always worth noting for future reference.

P.S. When collating please feel free to edit to keep style of others if desired.
LAYING Taking it further
LAYING Delving deeper - NEW

FOOTBALL blogs under Blogs/Football
New RELEGATION diary in Blogs/systems

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:40 pm

You mentioned Ayr being a flat track, which we all take for granted, I do believe, their is a slight incline to the line.

Musselburgh is a tight track, for the nippy sorts and front runners.

This track use to be a bias to low drawn horses over five furlongs but with the change of draws, high numbers figure more.

Drawn high, the use of the running rail as when hitting the kink in the straight, runners further out race out wider than necessary, giving the advantage to the ones on the rail itself.

High numbers are on the rail from seven furlongs up to a mile and if they are fast from the gate they can hold this advantage when hitting the bend as leaders can nick lengths from off the bend, a move that bodes well for them to win the race.

Musselburgh reads

High numbers for sprints

High numbers for seven furlongs up to ten.

Right handed course, tight bends.