Bookies don't take bets , close and restrict accounts

jaybe123123
2yo
Tips

Bookies don't take bets , close and restrict accounts

Postby jaybe123123 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:21 am

SHOULD YOU BE STOPPED FROM HAVING A BET IF YOU ARE WINNING.

If you agree with this ignore this post.

If you think you should be allowed to continue to place bets if you are winning add your name to the petition.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/u ... r-fairplay

I have been enjoying a bet now for many a year but in the last 4-5years I have taken my betting more seriously and have made a constant profit each year. In the past I was placing very large bets but in the last couple of years my average stake has reduced to around £50. The problem I have is the bookies don't want to accept bets from winning customers so they simply stop you from taking any prices or taking advantage of any offers they might have. Why should bookies be able to take bets off losing customers and just stop the winners , they already have the advantage as they set the prices but they offer prices surely they should be willing to take a bet.

Online bookmakers

Its really difficult to get any decent bets placed online and even smaller stakes are soon restricted if you are found to be winning. I have had accounts with every online bookie with several different accounts by using friends and familys details to get new accounts but they have all been restricted or closed by the bookies. I have tried placing bets of just £10 online and as soon as you start to win the accounts are stopped. It tends to vary how much you can win on an account but rarely do I get a profit of more than 3k or so and on occasion I have been stopped after having just a handful of losing bets.
All bookies employ traders whose job it is to filter out winning customers and once the traders are alerted the account will continue to be restricted.
Ladbrokes don't just restrict they stop you completely ( maximum stake 0.00)
Betfred are very quick to stop customers and usually restrict to pence as do most of the other bookies.

High street shops
They will take bets until either the staff decide to restrict you or they get a phone call from the traders then its sp only. I get stopped from taking prices everywhere eventually and have to travel further and further to get bets placed. I have been also stopped on course with the on course bookie (Betfred). I have been 100 miles from home in a bookies I have never been in before and only managed to get 3 £50 bets on before getting stopped. Its ridiculous and if they offer prices and offers they should take them from all customers not just losing customers even if it means setting a maximum bet of say £20.

I recently watched a tv program where someone got themselves into 10s of £1000 into debt but they didn't stop him. I have also met someone who lost his house through gambling and tey didn't stop him. Why wasn't they stopped? because they were losing , the bookies are quite happy to ruin lives when they are profiting but they don't want to pay out to winning customers.

Something needs to change ,if any shop had an item priced all are welcome to buy it or if they had a special offer then anyone can buy that too so what makes bookies the exception to the rule.

If you want to help make a change then sign this petition

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/u ... r-fairplay

deswalker
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby deswalker » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:09 am

Not being funny, but since I started taking it more seriously I have only had one bookie limit me below my required stakes.

There are a few simple and obvious things that can be done to prevent yourself getting restricted on online accounts. Most simple is this;

DONT put a £100 bet on one account, DO put 10 x £10 bets on different accounts.

You may have to take a couple of points below the ideal odds on offer with one or two firms, but this really matters little in the grand scheme of things, and if you are taking shorter prices than industry best every now and then your account won't be marked as an arber. Win/win.

Granted, my required stakes are possibly lower than the poster, and 364 have limited me (although well above my required stakes for now), but this and other methods have worked for me for years now.

:win:
"The problem with the future is that there are more things that could happen than will happen" - Plato (liberally paraphrased)

Follow me on Twitter: @Nick_Crossland

catcher22
Listed Class
Tips

Postby catcher22 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:09 pm

why don't you use the exchanges? you can put down as much as you want.
long term you make more profit. don't deal with the bookies, I put them
in the same class as bankers . :P

brewster39
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby brewster39 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:27 pm

I'm probably part of a minority on this forum, but I think it's within a bookies rights if they want to stop you having a bet with them. It doesn't mean I'm happy about it - but if I had my own firm, and I saw a punter consistently winning, I'd like to say I'd keep taking their business, but realistically if you were on the other end, it's not worth it for you to take their business......
brewsty39

deswalker
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby deswalker » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:45 pm

@brewster

Well its a perfectly reasonable argument to be honest! If someone is winning consistently large amounts from you, there has to be a point where you step in and limit something.

Where it gets complicated is where;

a) Bookies restrict accounts after only a few bets. Something I have heard of, but not witnessed personally. Now if you are an arber, expect your account to be restricted and good riddance, if you are a punter who happens to be able to find ricks in the bookies initial books its a bit different.

b) Bookies restricting accounts to ridiculous levels. Excuse my stupidity, but if I were a bookmaker I would be happy to have a limited amount of smart money on the odd nag just to find out where that smart money wanted to be. A win limit of £1k for example seems a totally reasonable liability to take on to know where your shrewdest clients want to be, then adjust prices accordingly. Limiting liabilities to the 10's of £'s seems counterproductive.

The only possible reason why the above two things happen is that the bookmakers are no longer forming opinions of the races, but running the establishment too much like a "normal business"; that is only taking mug punter money and forgetting about the rest. It's a very good idea short term for maximising profits, but ultimately long term its taking the very heart out of the business.

Is everyone familiar with the Pinnacle model for bookmaking? Is there room for this model in racing? Employ the sharpest race-readers, get the best information, and then go to war with the punters on their terms... just like an "old school" bookie...

:?
"The problem with the future is that there are more things that could happen than will happen" - Plato (liberally paraphrased)

DAVIDADAN
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby DAVIDADAN » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:56 pm

One thing I have noticed over the years is the "Withdrawals" and dutching factors.

Not sure anyone else has noticed, though if I have made significant withdrawals over a week or two , there has been limitations placed on my accounts , albeit temporarily.
My view is that if punters have a healthy account balance , then why on earth would the bookies not allow you the possibility of maybe losing when you appear confident?
When my betting bank gets to say 15-20% up I usually withdraw this profit though the bookies don,t bat an eyelid.
Personally my approach is to let these accounts lie dormant for a few weeks/months after a decent withdrawal, Lads and PP for example , usually add a small , no strings bonus of say a £5 or £10 to retain your business.

Often when dutching there are unusual stakes , say £5.77 on 2.75 (around 7/4) and £4.23 on 3.75 (around 11/4) for a possible return of 58.65% profit the bookies clearly can see what is happing via software and it gets you flagged up for sure!

Try to round off stakes to say the nearest 50p , it seems far more a normal stake.

Again another one is the e/w double steal , don,t keep hammering the same bookie!

I rarely bet large amounts online , occasionally on course, but you must spread it around , like Des stated the fact that you actually get on @ 3/1 ,11/4 and 5/2 gives a very fair average.

deswalker
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby deswalker » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:24 pm

Yer, I keep withdrawals to very rare occurances. It costs bookies to complete the online withdrawals and deposits so it does get flagged as it eats into their profit margins... they also want to have a chance to win money back.

I have got into bother withdrawing before with some, where the withdrawals total more than the original deposits. Something to note, although not much you can do about that long term.

Its a good point about odd amounts, they look like arbing hence them getting flagged up.

brewster39
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby brewster39 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:36 pm

@deswalker

I couldn't agree more, I work in the industry for an un-named firm, and some of the limits are laughable - however, my point is that if you don't like someone's business, then in your own company it's your choice whether you accept it or not.

What about if you owned a newsagent, and someone came in and stole, not much, but let's say a snickers a day - this business is of no use to them and it is your choice to bar this person from your shop. Having said that, not everyone player is an arber!

And yes, I like Pinnacle, and their style of book, but you have to ask yourself why they're not recognized as one of the top firms......
brewsty39

jaybe123123
2yo
Tips

Postby jaybe123123 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:38 pm

What about if you owned a newsagent, and someone came in and stole, not much, but let's say a snickers a day - this business is of no use to them and it is your choice to bar this person from your shop
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

it's nothing like stealing from a shop is it , the bookies offer a price and we take it. If they offer prices surely that price should be available to everyone who wants it not just the customer who loses. Even if they limited a price at max stake £20 I would be happy so long as all customers were treated the same and regardless of wether they win or lose.
If any shop offering items for sale was to price everything but refuse to sell them it would be unacceptable. Bookies should limit the amount any punter can have as a max stake before they have to refer the bet to traders.

jaybe123123
2yo
Tips

Postby jaybe123123 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:43 pm

Bookies restricting accounts to ridiculous levels. Excuse my stupidity, but if I were a bookmaker I would be happy to have a limited amount of smart money on the odd nag just to find out where that smart money wanted to be. A win limit of £1k for example seems a totally reasonable liability to take on to know where your shrewdest clients want to be, then adjust prices accordingly.

:win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win:

A win liability of £500 or even £250 would be fine by me and the same for every customer would fair. The bookie shouldn't really care if the same person is winning because there will be many many more losing punters and they will still profit.

brewster39
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby brewster39 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:05 pm

My snickers argument wasn't to be taken too seriously - I understand that it's frustration, but it's business! And I think you'd feel differently if you owned a bookies - that's all I'm saying
brewsty39

inplayking
At Stud
Tips

Postby inplayking » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:11 pm

This is quite simple for me, if i was a businessman with 100.000 clients and 2 of them weren't making me any profit then i wouldn't deal with those clients. Just because these are bookmakers it doesn't mean they have to be any different, at the end of the day it's a business.