Wednesday 11th July Horse Racing Discussion.

turfline
Stallion
Tips

Wednesday 11th July Horse Racing Discussion.

Postby turfline » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:40 am

At last some sunny periods though there will be some scattered showers, but at least some sun-shine, and dry spells............................ :win:

cappaburgio
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby cappaburgio » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:55 am

3.30 Lingfield Panettone.
5.15 Wexford The Fairy Catcher.

An Each Way double that shouldn't disappoint. :hope:

deswalker
Legend
Tips

Postby deswalker » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:22 am

Hugh Taylor has picked Street Power, who I was looking closely at later on for the 19:20 Kempton. Cora l still go 13/2 though if anyone is interested...

:win:

Edit: Gone!
Last edited by deswalker on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The problem with the future is that there are more things that could happen than will happen" - Plato (liberally paraphrased)

Follow me on Twitter: @Nick_Crossland

merlin
Legend
Tips

Postby merlin » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:32 am

EIGHTFOLD in the 2.30 Lingfield has managed to make its way to favourite, I wonder if that's because a few people have been watching its last few runs :P. To be honest, I will probably back it again today, since at some point I feel they will stick it in, but whether that's today I'm not sure (Baker back riding it today and he has given it the 'sexiest' ride to date) - it's back in trip which on the face of it doesn't look ideal, but then if it's put in the race at the right time that may not be an issue! It used to be with Hannon as a 2 year old and was close to the (then decent) Bronterre in a maiden (it was also in a race featuring Red Quartet who has emerged as a smart horse this season). It obviously regressed for Hannon but I still think this has the look of a horse that they're wrapping-up in cotton wool - hopefully they'll unwrap it and when they do it will probably go onto better things (either that or it's a flattering horse).

deswalker
Legend
Tips

Postby deswalker » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:36 am

I also note that HT's other selection is The Ex's... :P
"The problem with the future is that there are more things that could happen than will happen" - Plato (liberally paraphrased)

jmstocka
Stallion
Tips

Postby jmstocka » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:03 am

See the Trainers are saying they are going to boycott the last at Worcester due to poor prize money

Easily the best race on the card with all 12 originally declared having recent winning form

Apparently its due to be a walkover for one of the runners, wonder who drew the lucky number out of the hat :lol:

Be interesting to see the Non Runner excuses, first one has gone because it didn't eat up :P

redboy
Stallion
Tips

Postby redboy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:14 am

Be interesting to see the Non Runner excuses
listed as "other" :lol:

deswalker
Legend
Tips

Postby deswalker » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:34 am

I'd imagine that the remaining runner will be Hobbs' as he is the incoming president of the National Trainers Federation.

:win:

Might be worth keeping an eye out for these horses, as apparently the trainers deliberately put in some of their best to give Worcester the carrot of a significant race...

:?

budgegraham
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby budgegraham » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:04 pm

I think there is plenty free money around today...lots of top jocks and trainers around..ruby..gerity.buick..obrian.god gosden..lanfranco..

Obrian to get at least a treble at Nass
ruby and gerity at least one each at wexford
Buick with a walkover in the 820 Kempton.
a race set up for Pathos 620 Kempton
Kians Delight love conditions improving 320 Catt

GL all

aidanldrebin
Legend
Tips

Postby aidanldrebin » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:16 pm

Just in case anyone is interested, here is a live link to the Tattersalls July Sales.

http://www.tattersalls.com/4DCGI/Sale/Live

Some interesting lots for later in the week, not least from usual suspects Juddmonte Farms, particularly lots 433, 447 and 449.

mazzer1
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazzer1 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:22 pm

after yesterdays dismal run by safe house going for trainers in form
boots and spurs mrs burke
baltic bomber
rasselas d nicholls

deswalker
Legend
Tips

Postby deswalker » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:25 pm

I think there is plenty free money around today...
Its amazing how much free money there looks as if there is before a horse has even entered the stalls isn't it?! :P