Premier League Discussion 20/21 & 22 Oct 2017

garlicsauce
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Premier League Discussion 20/21 & 22 Oct 2017

Postby garlicsauce » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:06 am

Discussion & Selections on all Premier League Games for Friday, Saturday and Sunday

FRI
West Ham v Brighton - ko 20.00

SAT
Chelsea v Watford - ko 12.30
Huddersfield v Man Utd - ko 15.00
Man City v Burnley - ko 15.00
Newcastle v Crystal Palace - ko 15.00
Stoke v Bournemouth - ko 15.00
Swansea v Leicester - ko 15.00
Southamton v West Brom - ko 15.00

SUN
Everton v Arsenal - ko 13.30
Spurs v Liverpool - ko 16.00

What will you be watching and betting on?

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Premier League Discussion 20/21 & 22 Oct 2017

Postby nors » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:08 am

I like these 2 games from a betting point of view this weekend where the bookies seem a touch unsure.

If you look at the discrepancy in the 2 away teams prices, Leicester are favs and underpriced and West Brom are outsiders and overpriced.

Swansea (19/10) Draw (12/5) Leicester (7/4)

Southampton (17/20) Draw (13/5)West Brom (49/11)

If you were to back Swansea and West Brom and either won you would be in profit.

Backing both matches in singles to be draws and you are in profit.

Both Swansea and West Brom's prices give us opportunity on the A/H to cover ourselves.

Will Leicester be more or less motivated with Shakespeare sacked?

Will West Brom be forced to attack if the Saints score early?

All the matches are covered by the bloggers.

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/index.php?c=57

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Premier League Discussion 20/21 & 22 Oct 2017

Postby tbuckley » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:10 pm

Very interesting thoughts Nigel, can't argue with anything you say at all, my take on those two games you mention is that like most of the Premier League fixtures this weekend they do look very tough games to call with confidence and I wouldn't really be surprised by any result.

Swansea probably should be winning it with home advantage and on form but we saw how Leicester City's players suddenly turned into a team again once Ranieri was sacked and so I wouldn't be surprised to see them suddenly find form again with Shakespeare gone, although Shakespeare was very friendly with a lot of them, the players called him "Shakey" and might well appear with "This is for Shakey" t-shirts on if they score :lol:

Southampton vs West Brom could be booked for last slot on Match of the Day, I'd expect a dull draw with that one, possibly a 1-1 type match but certainly don't expect too many goals or entertainment.

For those interested I've looked at goals based statistics for the Big 6 in the Premier League and from that I think I found a few bets .

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=413083

I do like the look of both teams to score in the Chelsea vs Watford match around Evens, Chelsea have been hit & miss this year and conceded goals at home, 3 against Burnley, 3 against Roma and they even conceded 2 against Palace, their confidence looks low now and all doesn't seem right within the Chelsea camp, Watford are going very well and look confident, they've scored 3 against Liverpool and 2 against Arsenal, they'll go to Chelsea with belief and can score, but they also always look likely to concede so the both teams to score bet looks good in that game, Over 2.5 goals also looks tempting in that match, my blog shows that Chelsea have had 62.5% of their league matches so far be Over 2.5 goals and Watford have also been involved in plenty of Over 2.5 goals matches, it definitely has the feel of a 2-2/2-1 or 3-1 either way type match, I'd be surprised if there were not goals in that one.

Manchester United have done incredibly well from a defensive perspective with 7 cleans sheets in 8 Premier League matches and surely there is every chance they make it 8 from 9 against an Huddersfield Town side who looked really limited in attack and who simply don't score goals, Man United to keep a clean sheet is 8/13 and that has to be tempting, so does Man United to win To Nil as United have won 6 out of their 8 league matches To Nil so far, it looks a 1-0/2-0 United type match

Overall my result predictions for the Premier League matches are that I'd expect wins for Manchester United & Manchester City, I think Stoke and Crystal Palace can both edge wins as well, Swansea might just edge it and Southampton vs West Brom looks a draw waiting to happen, Everton vs Arsenal is a really tight call and that could be a scoring draw, Tottenham vs Liverpool is potentially a very exciting game that could well have a few goals as Liverpool will go there looking to play their attacking football at Wembley, Tottenham got plenty of people who can damage Liverpool, that could be a score draw ie 2-2 or could be a 2-1/3-1 either way.

Certainly looks a fixture list that should be fascinating to watch but also one that has to carry a note of punting caution, all the best with your bets :win:
Loving it on OLBG, on twitter @tbuckleythinks :

Top 10 Football Tip markets

Football Tips Strategy to Win