Why Chelsea will win the league

slimey
Group 1 Class
Tips

Why Chelsea will win the league

Postby slimey » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:45 pm

I'm no fan of Chelsea, I actually dislike them but there are good reasons why they will win.

Chelsea and Man united have no champions league.

World class players... Pogba has yet to achieve that, Kante in my eyes is possibly the only world class player in the premiership, Mahrez, Aguerro and Vardy could become world class and there are rumours Mahrez may also join Chelsea.

Top 4.

Chelsea
Man united
Leicester
Man City

Gl all.

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:04 pm

You could elaborate a bit more slimey ?

You say world class players then say there is only one world class player, that doesn't make any sense

ibfm23
Group 1 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Postby ibfm23 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:37 am

I am going for Chelsea myself this year.

Conte is a manager who has always done very well in the league because he brings consistency to the table. I expect Chelsea to be very hard to beat and expect many 1-0 and 2-0 scorelines against the mid to low table sides.

The lack of European football will help as well.

In terms of world class, I am really counting (in terms of my bet - as I am Liverpool fan :)) on Hazaard who can really give a different dimension to the side when compared to last year.

Still not sure about the backline, probably Conte hoping he can get a stellar season out of JT?

slimey
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby slimey » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:10 am

You could elaborate a bit more slimey ?

You say world class players then say there is only one world class player, that doesn't make any sense
The Premiership is very overrated! There are no Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, Suarez.

All the top teams look very similar ( footballers playing for money ) and not silverware.

Pogba could be world class, Kante already is.

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:21 am

The notion that Kante is world class but Aguero isn't....it's something i couldn't agree with at all. Kante has one season behind him. He's an excellent player and was vital to Leicester last season but this is true of Aguero / City and they both have greater pedigree.

De Gea is a world class player. He and Neuer would probably be the first two goalkeepers for most managers in the world.

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:37 am

ibfm23
I am going for Chelsea myself this year

Am not.. :cool:
1: It's a toss up between Arsenal and Man.Utd this year...
Am still concerned Arsene should get another striker in,
can t have Giroud play that many games up front on his own.
2: As Man.Utd got Jose this year , that's a great Signing.
But they went way over the top the recent player they brought
sorry for gotten his name :D especially when let him go very cheap.

So Arsenal or Man.Utd for me..
Be Arsenal if they get top class striker in!! hopefully this window!!

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:07 pm

Arsenal have too many injury issues at the back and lack a striker. Xhaka is a good player but isn't involved enough in either area

They might sign Mustafi but Wenger's title winning sides always had a strong spine, influential players like Adams, Bergkamp, Vieira, Campbell, Seaman, Dixon, and at least one prolific marksman. Sanchez is a fair version of Bergkamp but Giroud is no Henry. They should have broken their transfer record and signed Aubameyang.

They're too brittle, partly because i think their manager lost his edge and he and the board have accepted CL qualification as a successful season.

stuff10
2yo
Tips

Postby stuff10 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:54 pm

Manchester United to win it for me.

I think a combination of the Premier League experience of Mourinho and the players they have brought it will give them the edge.

Kante is the only world class player in the league? Are you having a laugh?

I feel Chelsea could be dangerous if they can adopt the Conte style of play. If not, they could be in trouble again.

I predict Man City to finish 2nd. Champions League football will get their attention towards the latter stages giving Utd the advantage.

Arsenal 4th.

slimey
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby slimey » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:04 pm

The notion that Kante is world class but Aguero isn't....it's something i couldn't agree with at all. Kante has one season behind him. He's an excellent player and was vital to Leicester last season but this is true of Aguero / City and they both have greater pedigree.

De Gea is a world class player. He and Neuer would probably be the first two goalkeepers for most managers in the world.
I forgot about De Gea, he too is world class, my apologies.

As for Aguero, I have used my £25 bet on Betfair on him tho I don't rate him as World class ( £5 freebet everytime he scores before Xmas)

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:09 pm

Interesting that you think Chelsea only has one world class player and Man City have none I would like to know if you were to list the top ten club teams would you have any English teams in it.

slimey
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby slimey » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:20 pm

Interesting that you think Chelsea only has one world class player and Man City have none I would like to know if you were to list the top ten club teams would you have any English teams in it.
None in the top 5

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:23 pm

but top 10?and could you please put up a list as very interested to see who you would have in it.