Premier League Discussion Thread: Sat 18th Aug - Mon 20th Aug

Zipster
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Premier League Discussion Thread: Sat 18th Aug - Mon 20th Aug

Postby Zipster » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:14 pm

Week one is almost over with Arsenal currently hosting Man City in the final match of the opening round and Arsenal have to travel to Chelsea next weekend as their tough start continues in what looks the tie of the round.

Share any thoughts that you have on the round two matches in here and let's work together to find us some winning bets!

Here are the round two fixtures, if you wish to see what the members are tipping simply click on the match and you will be taken to the tips.

Sat 12:30: Cardiff City v Newcastle United (TV)

Sat 15:00: Everton v Southampton
Sat 15:00: Leicester City v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Sat 15:00: Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham
Sat 15:00: West Ham United v AFC Bournemouth

Sat 17:30: Chelsea v Arsenal (TV)

Sun 13:30: Burnley v Watford
Sun 13:30: Manchester City v Huddersfield Town (TV)

Sun 16:00: Brighton & Hove Albion v Manchester United (TV)

Mon 20:00: Crystal Palace v Liverpool (TV)

View all Premier League Betting Tips
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant || A Great Man Once Said 'The first and the best victory is to conquer self' || Follow Me On Twitter

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread: Sat 18th Aug - Mon 20th Aug

Postby PompeyJim » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:23 pm

Cardiff v Newcastle

Think the early odds look about right, fairly tight with Newcastle just shading favouritism.

Newcastle have a fantastic record against Cardiff, winning the last ten league clashes with the latest two coming in the 2016/17 Championship season (2-0 here and 2-1 at home).

Rafa Benitez also has the magic touch over Neil Warnock with 4 wins and a draw from 5 previous match ups.

Newcastle only won 4 league games on the road last season, two were against the relegated clubs and did lose both their away matches (1-0) in the first six weeks against the promoted clubs (Huddersfield & Brighton) who joined them in the Premier League last season and lost their last 3 away games (Everton, Watford & Tottenham).

Cardiff had a run of seven straight home wins in the Championship between mid January and the end of March and then won one of their last three on the way to the Premier League.

Although losing to Spurs on the opening day for the second season in succession, I thought Newcastle were pretty plucky and created enough chances to get a point and will do okay this season, real quality in front of goal may be an issue though.

Cardiff had a go at Bournemouth and did enough to get on the score sheet but as mentioned with Newcastle they lack a bit in front of goal and will be reliant on keeping teams out in true Neil Warnock fashion.

Although both sides struggled to convert the majority of their chances last weekend, they did both concede twice. Perhaps Spurs against Newcastle was to be expected but the fact Bournemouth scored twice against Cardiff to me suggests Newcastle would be capable of doing the same as I'd have them down as similar attacking threats in the final third so the OVER 2.5 Total Goals looks appealing at odds against.

For members that like betting on the Cards angle, Craig Pawson will be officiating this match. He sent off Jagielka in the Wolves v Everton match last weekend and also issued 1 Yellow card to an Everton Player.

He took charge of 25 Premier League matches last season, issued 87 yellows (36 to the home side and 51 to the away side), 5 Reds (2 straight) and averaged 3.68 cards per match.

Predictions:

Newcastle to WIN

OVER 2.5 Total Goals
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:29 pm

Everton v Southampton

Both teams were probably fairly happy with their point on the opening weekend.

Everton looked decent against Wolves last weekend despite having to play over half the match with ten men and Saints took a while to impose themselves on the game in the 0-0 at home to Burnley.

Everton have lost only once in 19 Premier League matches against Southampton at Goodison and despite their troubles last season they remain fairly strong at home with only the two Manchester clubs winning a league match here in 2018 to date.

They were a little fortunate to grab a point in a 1-1 draw here in May against Saints who were then scrapping for their Premier League status and looked to have secured a thoroughly deserved win before conceding an injury time equaliser.

What stood out from both sides matches last weekend was the amount of corners which is a betting market some punters like to play.

There were 13 corners in the Saints v Burnley match, 8 of those were for Southampton and they conceded 5 to Burnley.

Everton had 6 of the 9 in their game at Wolves.

The OVER 10.5 Corners looks interesting at odds against (at the time of writing).
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

Pagsy123
2yo
Tips

Re: OLBG Champions League - Qualifying Round - Leg 1 - 21st/22nd August

Postby Pagsy123 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:38 pm

Hi i know this is isn't the right place to post, but I've just signed up today and couldn't see how to start a thread. My question is, if a player receives a yellow card, then ten minutes later, recieves a straight red card, how many booking points has that player accumulated. I'm in dispute with William Hill over a bet.
Many thanks

Zipster
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Re: OLBG Champions League - Qualifying Round - Leg 1 - 21st/22nd August

Postby Zipster » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Hi i know this is isn't the right place to post, but I've just signed up today and couldn't see how to start a thread. My question is, if a player receives a yellow card, then ten minutes later, recieves a straight red card, how many booking points has that player accumulated. I'm in dispute with William Hill over a bet.
Many thanks

From their site is says....

"each yellow card shown = 10 | each red card shown = 25

The maximum score for a second bookable offence will be 25 points, which will be scored if a yellow card shown is immediately followed by a red card shown. Therefore the maximum number of points scored by any player will be 35."

so I would be guessing the total would be 35?
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant || A Great Man Once Said 'The first and the best victory is to conquer self' || Follow Me On Twitter

geordieracer
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby geordieracer » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:52 am

just to say that I think that is our (Newcastle's) only point until the end of September.

We can't score goals and have the following fixtures coming up

home to Chelsea
away to man City (carnage, I anticipate a goal fest)
home to arsenal (who will have their act together by then)

our next point[s] may come on 22/9 away at Palace or 29/9 at home to leicester, but i suspect not.

we then are away at Man U before we face brighton at home on 20th october by which time I fully anticipate that we will be bottom of the league with 2 or 3 points, 4 at best.

and he wonders why no-one wants to buy us at the inflated price he's asking.....