Greyhounds Betting Advice

monkeytennis
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby monkeytennis » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:13 pm

Making a profit on greyhounds is all about sticking to win singles? Do you agree or disagree? Why? What are the best ways to get an edge when betting on greyhounds?

Think this Betting School lesson needs anything else added to it? Disagree with anything written above? Let us know your thoughts and your insight could be included in the OLBG Betting School!

spurs1967
2yo
Tips

Postby spurs1967 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:19 am

I am a keen greyhound and horse racing follower . My understanding of the complexities and lay outs of , in particular , graded dogs is second to none . I have never met anyone who can grasp how a greyhound race is likely (all things being equal) to unravel. There is precious little emphasis on \' calculated times \' as these are just estimations of what the respective greyhound track\'s racing managers expect the dog to achieve and with \'goings\' adjusted to suit ??? . There is no calculation for scope , a dog\'s fluency from it\'s trap draw or recent form factored in . I strongly advise times are just taken as a very rough guide into expected performance. If you insist on sticking with times as your yardstick then you will only back a very low percentage of winners . 0.08 seconds is the equivalent of one length in greyhound racing , mostly relating to 4 and 6 bend races but please remember that greyhounds are not computers . There are far fewer variables in greyhound racing than horse racing and this is why I back a high percentage of winners to a level stake . I can usually spot a false favourite aswell , these will often be dogs that drift markedly in the betting or a dog that is only made favourite on something it achieved months ago usually in a higher grade . It\'s current form is often a good start point as they are not the type of animal that can dramatically switch on and off their performance levels . I hope to one day have a sufficient bankroll to carry out my hobby as a major secondary revenue stream and ultimately my primary one . I enjoy many profitable days in the meantime.

PS , - when greyhounds have finished their racing careers they make adorable pets ! - spurs1967