How To Assess Football Form

monkeytennis
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby monkeytennis » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:45 am

What set of circumstances in two teams' form often leads to the best value bets? What are the most important factors to consider?

Think this Betting School lesson needs anything else added to it? Disagree with anything written above? Let us know your thoughts and your insight could be included in the OLBG Betting School!
Last edited by monkeytennis on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fairfranco
Stallion
Tips

Postby fairfranco » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:39 pm

Considering this on the basis of football as that is what most would be discussing:

I personally would tend to look primarily at recent form of maybe 5 or 6 games as well as similar for home/away form. This would take into account both the result and goals scored and conceded.

I would also take into account season form.

I've just started to add to this looking at odds of the team when they got some results. by looking at this it can give a better understanding of the form especially in league's where I may not have a great knowledge. In the Premiership I know who is likely to be favourite and how strong in each game but in most other leagues I wouldn't know this. by comparing odds on results I can see how a team has really done and in some cases find that a team may perform well/badly against top teams or maybe don't produce the good when they are very strong favourite...etc etc.