Formula One - Australian Grand Prix

The Snail
Group 1 Class
Tips

Formula One - Australian Grand Prix

Postby The Snail » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:34 pm

In the interest of sparking some life into the Formula One Forum and the Motor Racing March comp what's everyone's thoughts on the first race of the season?

Are we expecting Mercedes to be just that little bit better again or Vettel to man up, stop behaving like a child and get back to racing! Is there any hope of a McLaren revivial or are their reliability issues still a concern? Any outsider teams worth a secon look?

Seems like an ideal time to get your 5 or more picks in for the monthly comp. 12 prizes available and not a lot of other races to contest this months prizes on (if any!?)

davidjwest
2yo
Tips

Re: Formula One - Australian Grand Prix

Postby davidjwest » Thu May 17, 2018 7:25 am

Yes, seems pretty quiet in here.

I've placed a few pre-race bets this season so far and had very little joy due to SC intervention mainly.

I've done better with the in-plays, small profit so far.

I can't post new threads it seems, do you need certain privileges?

The Snail
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby The Snail » Thu May 17, 2018 12:29 pm

Hi David

I'm not sure on the privileges side of things but if there is interest (you and I!) then I will start up a thread each race week for discussions and hopefully we can start things from there.

If there is interest in the F1 threads then the OLBG powers that be may even give us another £20 tip comment comp, but I can understand why they wouldn't bother if there was little to no forum discussions!

I must admit I've never bet seriously on F1 races despite following it, and like you've said, this season it seems like a bit of a minefield.

I'll stick up a Monaco thread in the next few days to see if anyone has any pearls of wisdom to offer out..... :win:

All the best!

nawoo
Stallion
Tips

Postby nawoo » Thu May 17, 2018 2:38 pm

Hi David & The Snail

It's true that this year the F1 Forum has been much quiet.

Personally I rarely bet on F1 but used to follow the disucssions on here.

There used to be F1 Forum Challenges on the forum from 2010-2016, last year somehow nothing came up but
if you check the F1 Forum, you will find that there were two £20 tip comment comp last year for Monaco & British Grand Prix.
viewforum.php?f=57

You can start the discussion threads and at OLBG they are always ready to revive discussions and interest on sports such as F1.

David wrote
I can't post new threads it seems, do you need certain privileges?

A big welcome to you from OLBG community and Its great to notice that you have joined today and want to contribute to the F1 forum.
Since you have stated that you have made some profits then it would be nice to get some advice and insights on F1 betting from you.

As for starting new threads,it's up there on Help pages
https://www.olbg.com/help.php?cat=7
The only thing is you need is to have been a member for a few weeks and have made some posts.

You can join in on the discussions on any other sports which shouldn't be that difficult with the World Cup round the corner and daily footy and weekly racing threads as well as discussions on other sports.
Apart from the discussion threads you can also take part in the various forum challenges.

Hope you enjoy your stay on OLBG!