British Grand Prix (Sun 16th July) - £20 Cash Prize for Best Tip Comment

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

British Grand Prix (Sun 16th July) - £20 Cash Prize for Best Tip Comment

Postby PompeyJim » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:56 pm

OLBG have been offering a £20 cash prize for the best tip comment on the big summer sporting events and this week we look forward to reading your analysis on the British Grand Prix at Silverstone this coming Sunday 16th July.

All race markets (Race winner, Fastest Lap, Podium Finish, Points Finish, Without Mercedes etc..) will be included, only tips placed within the tipping competition via the 'Make a Tip' menu (link below) will be considered, please do not post your comment as a reply on this forum thread.

https://www.olbg.com/members/maketip.php?id=3

The comments team will judge the best tip comment and will be looking for possible analysis to include :-

- Driver and Car performance in qualifying, fastest lap times in practice.
- Any significant performance issues like tyres, 'British' weather implications.
- Driver's previous record at Silverstone, with or without current constructor.
- Starting Grid Positions, possible strategies, number of pit stops expected etc.

Plus any relevant information that you feel is key and can give readers that edge in following your tip and placing a bet.

The comments team will judge the tip comments before the race starts so all tips are considered and it's the excellent content analysis we are judging so not just winning tips and will announce the £20 spot prize winner on this thread and the cash will be paid directly into the winners OLBG account.

We intend to run a £20 "best comment" competition on one event each week and to encourage more people to get involved the £20 prize can only be won once by any member in a calendar month.

Good luck with your tip analysis and enjoy the race.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

geordieracer
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Re: British Grand Prix (Sun 16th July) - £20 Cash Prize for Best Tip Comment

Postby geordieracer » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:23 am

bear with me on this

I woke up this morning (Friday) in a sweat. I had had a terribly vivid dream

British GP, I have a view from behind the back of the grid looking towards the fist turn (Abbey).
Hamilton and Vettel on front row
Race starts, they collide. Others also

Hamilton and Vettel end up facing the wring way, Hamiton at Vettel's rear

he starts to push Vettels car back down the straight (ie towards Club), stops, gets out, and they start to fight.
Hamilton hits Vettel on the neck, Vettel falls backwards onto his car, mechanics rush over, they remove his helmet, he is choking, and collapses, apparently dead
I wake up.

So I not assuming I have "the gift" nor am I (obviously) hoping so. BUT.... I am backing Hamilton and Vettel not to finish the race, singly and in a double.

I'm back off to sleep now, see if I can dream about the Bunbury Cup.

geordieracer
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby geordieracer » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:25 am

Oh by the way Ihad to put my post on here because the link goes to a page with no market options....

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:09 am

Hi,

Apologies the markets are available again now -

https://www.olbg.com/members/maketip.php?id=3

Who wins the Bunbury Cup ?

geordieracer
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby geordieracer » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:33 pm

Really like top weight Tabarrak but am also having a little ew on Von Blucher at big odds.

I will report back on any nocturnal premonition

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:04 pm

Really like top weight Tabarrak but am also having a little ew on Von Blucher at big odds.

I will report back on any nocturnal premonition
:win: Good luck with Von Blucher will keep an eye on Tabarrak too.

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:37 am

Thanks to all members who added tips with analysis on the British Grand Prix, we had over 170 tip comments to view and from a short list of johno, Inva5or and rward2011, the comments team chose rward2011 as this weeks £20 prize winner for really informative content on 'Massa' to finish in the points plus two other tips added with informative analysis -

(Massa – Points Finish)

“Massa did not deliver in qualifying leading to a poor qualifying position. Slightly surprising as practice went quite well as Massa finished 8th. But qualifying times of 1.41.874 on first qualifying (2.5 secs behind Hamilton) and 1.31.482 (3.5 seconds behind Hamilton), were very disappointing. However, if dry, the Williams car will handle well, perhaps this is an excuse as to the poor qualifying times as the car does not like the rain. This is due to poor down force, but in the dry they have the Mercedes powered engine which gives them good straight line speed. Massa is an experienced driver of course and has finished 11th / Ret / 6th / 4th and 5th in his last 5 British Grand Prixs, coupled with 5 points finishes in his 9 Grand Prixs this season, we should see him move up the positions.”

(Raikonnen – Podium Finish)

“Kimi is second on the grid and finished 3rd in practice with a time of 1:28.828, just 0.4 behind Hamilton. He improved his positioning in qualifying out pacing team mate Vettel with times of 1:28.992 and 1:27.147 though still 0.5 behind Lewis. However, for me Kimi is a bit of a liability and has finished on the podium just twice in 9 races, and he will be under pressure from Vettel, Verstappan and perhaps Bottas charging through the pack.
Kimi has vast experience of course but his record here is poor with finishing positions of 5th, 8th, Ret, 5th and 5th in the last 5 years, not great. This coupled with the fact that I sense more hunger from younger drivers could upset the Finn and he may fall away from the podium.”

(Perez – Without Mercedes)

"Silverstone is an unusual circuit with the chopping and changing of the course over the last 20 years or so. It has some ultra-fast corners like Copse, Becketts and Abbey posing a different challenge, with the high demands forced upon the car. Perez is fantastic odds for a top 4 place (if Bottas can come through) as he is consistent. Granted I am heavily relying on others having problems, but Silverstone is only across the road from Force India’s factory and the team is expected to make significant changes ahead of their home Grand Prix. Perez has great admiration for the track and after a slow practice finishing 13th he improved a lot in qualifying with times of 1:29.824 and 1:28.902 in 2nd and 3rd qualifying, placing him 6th on the grid. But his car has retired him just once this year and with a Mercedes powered car he has an outside squeak of a top 4 finish for me, but much is dependent on what happens in front of him.”

Big well done to rward2011 and thanks again to all members who tipped with analysis, this week's £20 comment prize is on the British Open Golf which starts tomorrow (Thursday 20th July).