Lewis Hamilton or Nico Rosberg To Win F1 Championship

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Lewis Hamilton or Nico Rosberg To Win F1 Championship

Postby nors » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:05 am

Is Hamilton worth a bet at the odds (4.33) in a 2 driver race?
Have/Would any members back at the price

Is back to lay an option pre Brazil and Abu Dhabi an option?

chinawhite1000
Listed Class
Tips

Re: Lewis Hamilton or Nico Rosberg To Win F1 Championship

Postby chinawhite1000 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:49 am

Rosberg should win it if he stays on the road for the last 2 GP's.

on the subject of F1 though podium finish and winner without mercedes have been settled incorrectly for Mexico....
Vettels demotion meant Riccardio should be a winner and Vettel a loser in both categories

Zipster
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Zipster » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:56 am

I personally couldn't touch it simply because we are heading to Brazil next and for me Hamilton and Brazil is not a great combination!

You have to go back to 2010 to find the last time that Lewis finished ahead of Nico in Brazil, Nico has won the race for the past two years whilst Lewis' record is 4th, DNF, DNF, 9th, 2nd, 2nd since 2010.

The only reason I see the championship going to the last race is if Lewis get pole, the last 3 winners have all come from pole and then Nico will do his usual of just following Lewis round, he will not push for the lead as he knows he does not need it.

With Lewis' history at this track, I would not be surprised if Nico picked up the title in Brazil.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant || A Great Man Once Said 'The first and the best victory is to conquer self' || Follow Me On Twitter

Zipster
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Zipster » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:57 am

Rosberg should win it if he stays on the road for the last 2 GP's.

on the subject of F1 though podium finish and winner without mercedes have been settled incorrectly for Mexico....
Vettels demotion meant Riccardio should be a winner and Vettel a loser in both categories
Ok thanks, yes I saw the changes, it was like music chairs for that 3rd place! Will get that fixed.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant || A Great Man Once Said 'The first and the best victory is to conquer self' || Follow Me On Twitter

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:38 am

I personally couldn't touch it simply because we are heading to Brazil next and for me Hamilton and Brazil is not a great combination!

You have to go back to 2010 to find the last time that Lewis finished ahead of Nico in Brazil, Nico has won the race for the past two years whilst Lewis' record is 4th, DNF, DNF, 9th, 2nd, 2nd since 2010.

The only reason I see the championship going to the last race is if Lewis get pole, the last 3 winners have all come from pole and then Nico will do his usual of just following Lewis round, he will not push for the lead as he knows he does not need it.

With Lewis' history at this track, I would not be surprised if Nico picked up the title in Brazil.
I have this strange feeling that Hamilton will fail to finish in Brazil, apart from the finishing straight, it's pretty tough to pass and i can see him not leading at some point and having to try and force an overtake

Kessy1971
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby Kessy1971 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:10 am

Lewis Hamilton is driving brilliant at the moment but still has it all to do

I just can't see nico not being 2nd or 3rd or less in the last 2 races , it would be great for a spectacle point if it went to the last race winner takes all

Should be a interesting end to the season lets jusr hope it goes to the last race tho

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:01 am

What do we think of Hamiltons tactics?

It seems the public agreed with him and what he did, from a betting point of view had the same thing happened in horse racing we may not be so happy?

Zipster
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Zipster » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:53 am

It made the race more interesting but I believe his radio must have broken at some point during the race!

As you say, had that happened in horse racing something would have been done about it, I remember watching the final speedway GP of this year when already crowned champion Greg Hancock was leading a heat only for him to slow right down to let Chris Holder through and I don't think it's any coincidence that they have the same sponsor! Greg was eliminated from the heat because of this.

Obviously Lewis was not slowing done to let anyone past but to try and make things tricky for Nico, I personally don't think it worked, it's a team sport and you must follow team orders, in the heat of the moment though I understand why Lewis done it.

I honestly am not sure if Lewis will be at Mercedes next season, I could see them firing him for this, he has already accused the team during the season of tampering with his car when he failed to finish and I am sure the German Mercedes would love to have a German Number one driver.

The thing which disappointed me most with Lewis completely blanking Nico after the race, at least be a man and congratulate him instead of acting like a spoilt child and refusing to even look at him.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:39 am

We have seen teams not turn up in more minor cup competitions or play 11 youth team players
We have seen fixed matches in lower leagues in Italy and other countries.
We have seen non triers in horse racing
We have seen teams play out for a draw in cricket with no intention of trying to win.

I am only looking at this from a betting angle rather than a moral angle, although that is an argument.

In these type of events either we the punters ignore them completely or accept that all is not going to be a level playing field.

The bookmakers should imo refund bets on these events, as for the Grand Prix drivers were not trying to finish in the best place possible, and the race was not truly run, so a refund should be given. Had a 100/1 outsider won that race because drivers "messed around" and significant bets had been placed then the bookies would cry foul and refuse to pay out, i don't see much difference in what happened yesterday.