Belgian Grand Prix (26th-28th August)

Zipster
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Belgian Grand Prix (26th-28th August)

Postby Zipster » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:04 pm

Belgian Grand Prix 2016

The month long break is over and we return with one of the best known tracks out there, SPA! First held in 1925 it has been held 71 times in total, Michael Schumacher still holds the records for wins with six and the closest to him who is still racing is Kimi Räikkönen who has four wins here between 2004-2009, Ferrari hold the record for wins with 16.

Last year Lewis was a comfortable pole sitter ahead of his team-mate Nico Roseberg and those two went on to finish in that order with Romain Grosjean who qualified 4th but started 9th (gearbox change) filling the podium places. Ferrari (9th/14th) and Red Bull (6th/12th) really struggled in qualifying but Daniil Kvyat done well to finish 4th after starting 12th.

Hamilton has had mixed fortune at the track in the past, after winning the race in 2010 from 2nd on the grid he retired after a collision in 2011, in 2012 he once again retired due to a collision, in 2013 he started on pole but could only manage a 3rd place finish and then in 2014 from 2nd on the grid he had his 3rd retirement in 4 GPs here with another collision but he did come here last year to win from pole.

I think this weekend would be a good one to avoid Hamilton, not only has he had mixed fortunes here in the past but he is almost certain to take a grid penalty this weekend and it does not look like a 5 place penalty, his team say they expect him to drop at least 20 places on the grid. You would expect Nico therefor to step forward but there are now podium places up for grabs if Hamilton cannot make his way through the pack.

Some of the markets are still forming but would be interested to hear anyones early thoughts on this weekend.

Motor Racing Tipping Competition

You rarely get an opportunity like this so take this one whilst you can!

As per usual the Motor Racing table has £100 on offer, £25 to the top two and then £5 for the 3rd to 12th place finishes but this is the only race in August which means this race will decide the outcome of the table so it is an excellent chance for you to pick up some winnings!

The rules are as per normal, 5 tips which means you will have to spread you tips across the markets and add comments to your tips (20+ words). We are looking for good content in terms of comments which support the tip, remember your comments will be seen on the Tips pages and on the App and we want readers to be convinced by your thoughts and the better your comments are the more chance of becoming an 'Elite' tipster which would see your motor racing prize money DOUBLED so it is worth putting in a little effort to produce good content.

This is the only month where you will have the chance to win some prize money based on just a single GP so don't miss out!
Last edited by Zipster on Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant || A Great Man Once Said 'The first and the best victory is to conquer self' || Follow Me On Twitter

TeddyT
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby TeddyT » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:11 pm

As Zipster states above we have an unusal situation where just one race will determine the prizes for the F1 table this month so even if you are new to motor racing tipping why not get involved!
OLBG Tipster Competition Manager

Zipster
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Zipster » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:19 am

So it is has been confirmed, Hamilton will have at least 15 place grid penalty for this weekends GP but more penalties are expected and he is more than likely going to start on the back row.

In the first practise session, not many got near Rosberg who was 0.730 quicker than his teammate Hamilton with Raikkonen and Perez not too far off Hamilton.

Grosjean is a man I am interested in here this weekend but that first practise did not feel me with any confidence! He had problems, he went off at turn 14 and then over the radio said "I don't understand anything with the car" which would indicate he is not happy.

New boy Esteban Ocon decided to run over a cone in the pit lane as he is set to make his debut in this weekends GP, lets hope his judgement improves!

Raikkonen going 4th fastest is something to keep an eye on, will be interesting to see how he goes in practise two in a hour or so, lets not forget he is a four time winner at this track.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant || A Great Man Once Said 'The first and the best victory is to conquer self' || Follow Me On Twitter

risto123
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby risto123 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:40 am

So you need 5 tips atleast but you have only 4 markets there to choose from and you can use each one just once. Like you can't tip 2 or more drivers finishing/not finishing in the top 3 or in top10 or is it just me?!?

Zipster
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Zipster » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:21 am

So you need 5 tips atleast but you have only 4 markets there to choose from and you can use each one just once. Like you can't tip 2 or more drivers finishing/not finishing in the top 3 or in top10 or is it just me?!?
You can do the following to qualify....
  1. 1. To Win Outright (Win)
    2. To Win Outright (EW)
    3. Podium Finish
    4. Points Finish
    5. Fastest Lap
So for the main market, the win outright you can actually do two bets, a win bet and an Each Way bet which covers first two places.

Zipster
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Zipster » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:22 am

The Belgian Grand Prix Without Mercedes market is now up which gives you an additional market to tip on if you are struggling to fill the 5 tips.

Imaginarium
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Imaginarium » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:06 pm

F1 is a big farce‼ :lose:

Zipster
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Zipster » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:52 pm

F1 is a big farce‼ :lose:
I thought mine went bad with Kimi included in 3 bets! Just seen yours, didn't really get a run (drive) for your money! Was a crazy race with an incident packed first 10 laps or so!