Free Donington tickets

DAVIDADAN
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Free Donington tickets

Postby DAVIDADAN » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:49 pm

Any OLBG members who are fans of motor sports can apply for free tickets to Donington.
Free admission to fans on August 24 & 25

The new-look fully-electric Formula E cars will take to the track for pre-season testing ahead of the 2016/17 FIA Formula E Championship at Donington Park next month.

The 10 teams, with the new addition of Jaguar and Techeetah, have six days of official testing to prepare their challengers for the opening round of the third season of the world’s first fully-electric racing series in Hong Kong on October 9.

All manufacturers are also entitled to an additional 15 days of private testing which expires on July 31. The first official collective test gets underway on August 23, with two days open to members of the public free of charge - August 24 & 25.

To attend, fans can get a free Eticket by registering here.

Tuesday, August 23
Morning session: 11:00 - 12:00
Afternoon session: 13:00 - 18:00

Wednesday, August 24 - (OPEN TO PUBLIC)
Morning session: 09:00 - 12:00
Pitlane walk: 13:15 - 13:45
Afternoon session: 14:00 - 17:00

Thursday, August 25 - (OPEN TO PUBLIC)
Morning session: 09:00 - 12:00
Pitlane walk: 13:15 - 13:45
Afternoon session: 14:00 - 17:00

Please note: Free Etickets offer general admission access to Donington Park from 09:00-17:00 (last admission at 16:00). There will be a limited number of grandstand seats available on a first-come-first-served basis. All tickets are subject to availability.

See link below:
http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/jul ... gton-park/

davidg3907
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby davidg3907 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:29 pm

I have enlisted for the Wednesday.

Is anyone else thinking of going.

I assume ( and hope) that OLBG scarves will not be compulsory. :lol:
LAYING Taking it further
LAYING Delving deeper - NEW

FOOTBALL blogs under Blogs/Football
New RELEGATION diary in Blogs/systems

The Shark
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Shark » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:57 pm

Might be a bit hot for scarves David so we will let you off. Expecting car stickers to be displayed though & you may want to take your beer mat with you?

davidg3907
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby davidg3907 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:09 pm

Hi Richard,

While I was working, advertising in O&W taxis was not permitted. They even tried (but failed) to prohibit number plates with a garage's name on.:shock:

I carefully laid the OLBG sticker on the dashboard at meetings so it could disappear again afterwards. :D
LAYING Taking it further

davidg3907
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby davidg3907 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:10 pm

Things have been a bit manic over the past week or so, otherwise, I would have found time to give a debrief earlier.

As someone who had not been to an F1 or FE testing day, I was not too sure what to expect.

There was more than ample free car parking; security was such that the ticket was not even required for entry - but I wouldn't suggest going without one, just for the sake of printing an E-ticket from the computer.

I arrived at about 08.45. The gates opened on time so I was on the track by about 09.05 The cars were quiet, but perhaps slightly noisier than anticipated. Standing next to one of the many loudspeakers around the track (the volume was lower than I may have set the TV at home), it was between difficult and impossible to hear it clearly as a car went past, but there would have been no difficulty holding a conversation with anyone standing reasonably nearby, without raising your voice above normal.

Movement around the track, both inside and outside the circuit, was unrestricted apart from the pit lane for obvious safety reasons. A grandstand along the main straight was open should you want a rest and watch cars at the fastest part of the track, but for viewing, a walk round all the vantage points meant you could see the cars cover the whole 2.5 mile lap, sometimes at very close quarters.

The pit lane was open for a walk for 30 minutes between sessions - £5 entry meant being free to roam as one pleased, take photos, and talk to any driver who was around.

The day was very hot, so a sit down on any of the grassy areas overlooking the circuit was a good idea.

More red flags than at a Russian Army parade resulted in a stop/start feel to both sessions. Just when there were 11 cars on track at 16.45, a driver ventured into the gravel trap, causing the last red flag and robbing us of seeing the most activity of the day.

The cars are housed at Donington through the close season, and this was their first testing for the new season which starts in Hong Kong in early October. Before that, there is another testing session at Donington and it is well worth a visit - especially if the weather can hold.
LAYING Taking it further