F1 2016 - Monaco Grand Prix - Selections and Discussion

lazarus76
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Not quite the middle of nowhere, but i can see it from here!

F1 2016 - Monaco Grand Prix - Selections and Discussion

Postby lazarus76 » Wed May 25, 2016 8:20 am

Monaco Grand Prix

The 6th Grand Prix of the season comes from the legendary street circuit around the streets of Monte Carlo, the Circuit de Monaco was first used in 1929 and has held seventy Grand Prix over the years, the circuit is the shortest of all those used on the calendar at just 3.340 km (2.075 mi), this is very much a drivers circuit and some of the most iconic names in the sport have excelled around here, Graham Hill won here five times in the 60's, the 10 races between 1984 and 1993 were won by either Aryton Senna (six times overall and five times on the spin from 89' to 93') or Alain Prost.

Event Times (UK)

Practice 1 Thursday 09.00am
Practice 2 Thursday 13.00pm
Practice 3 Saturday 10.00am
Qualifying Saturday 13.00pm
Race Sunday 13.00pm

Previous Results (Last 10 Years)

Year - Winner - Team - Qualified

2015 - Rosberg - Mercedes - 2nd
2014 - Rosberg - Mercedes - Pole
2013- Rosberg - Mercedes - Pole
2012 - Webber - Red Bull - Pole
2011 - Vettel - Red Bull - Pole
2010 - Webber - Red Bull - Pole
2009 - Button - Brawn - Pole
2008 - Hamilton - McLaren - 3rd
2007 - Alonso - McLaren - Pole
2006 - Alonso - Renault - Pole

So pole position is clearly a huge advantage around here as over-taking is very difficult indeed, Rosberg (rather fortuitously) did however win from 2nd here last year, so it is difficult but not impossible.

It will be very interesting to see how the Mercedes pair get on after their debacle last time in Spain, this weekend sees the introduction of the new purple stripped ultra-soft tyre and it will be very interesting in practice to see how it gets on.

This circuit is much more about driver performance rather than the car, every team will be running maximum downforce as it's such a low speed track, the best drivers in the world excel around here, you only have to look at the list of previous winners to know what I'm on about.

In terms of betting this weekend, currently Hamilton is a 6/4 shot and Rosberg can be backed @7/4, qualifying will have a massive impact on the odds and however takes pole will go off around the 1/2 mark, personally the 7/4 on offer about a guy that has won the last three around here makes plenty of appeal.

So this is one of the few times I'll get involved before qualifying to try and nick the price, I'll watch practice with great interest and will return with my thoughts after qualifying.

Nico Rosberg to win the Monaco Grand Prix @7/4

Cheers Lazarus76 :cool:
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Superbolbg II Champion.

Twitter - https://twitter.com/lazarus76

lazarus76
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Not quite the middle of nowhere, but i can see it from here!

Postby lazarus76 » Sun May 29, 2016 9:08 am

Well I guess a few will be surprised to see Ricciardo on pole but he has looked pretty quick around here this weekend and the engine upgrade appears to have found what the Red Bull was looking for, the Red Bull was always going to be competitive around this street circuit as it is such a high downforce/slow-speed track but you can't take anything away from Ricciardo and his Red Bull team as they may well have pulled of the tactical masterstroke of the season so far.

Their decision to set his fastest lap in Q2 on the Super-Soft tyres (which will last 5-10 laps longer) than the new Ultra-Soft should give him a huge if advantage if it stays dry, the weather forecast is for thunderstorms in the morning with a chance of rain during the race.

Red Bull we be praying it stays dry especially after Verstappen binned it in qualifying and can't run interference as he starts from the back of the grid.

Monaco is almost guaranteed to have a safety car or two and that regularly brings the field back together and that must be what the Mercedes pair are hoping and Hamilton in particular will be praying for rain as he excels in those conditions.

My bet on Rosberg @7/4 doesn't quite look as good as he now can be backed @5/2 but that is always the risk backing someone before the race (especially around here).

For those that don't mind backing at massive odds-on then the safety car to appear @1/20 is almost guaranteed (probably on the 1st lap as 20+ cars fly down to the tight 1st corner).

With so many imponderables about this race, weather, safety car, tyres etc I will just let me bet on Rosberg ride and hope for the best.

It should be a cracker regardless of the weather/safety car and whatever else may happen.

Best of luck if you decide to play.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Superbolbg II Champion.

Twitter - https://twitter.com/lazarus76