F1 2016 - Bahrain Grand Prix - Selections and Discussion

lazarus76
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Not quite the middle of nowhere, but i can see it from here!

F1 2016 - Bahrain Grand Prix - Selections and Discussion

Postby lazarus76 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:18 pm

Bahrain Grand Prix

The 2nd Grand Prix of the season comes from Bahrain, the Bahrain International Circuit in Sakhir has been used since the inaugural race in 2004, the circuit is quite long, 5.412 km (3.363 mi) with a long straight and plenty of opportunities for over-taking.

Event Times (UK)

Practice 1 Friday 12:00
Practice 2 Friday 16:00
Practice 3 Saturday 13:00
Qualifying Saturday 16:00
Race Sunday 16:00

Previous Results

Year - Winner - Qualified

2015 - Lewis Hamilton - Mercedes - Pole
2014 - Lewis Hamilton - Mercedes - 2nd
2013 - Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull - 2nd
2012 - Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull - Pole
2011 - No Race
2010 - Fernando Alonso - Ferrari - 3rd
2009 - Jenson Button - Brawn - 4th
2008 - Felipe Massa - Ferrari - 2nd
2007 - Felipe Massa - Ferrari - Pole
2006 - Fernando Alonso - Renault - 4th

As you can see pole position isn't much of an advantage here in Bahrain with just 33% of wins coming from the top spot.

To be honest I am amazed they haven't gone back to last years qualifying after the debacle in Australia, qualifying was a shambles with drivers and or teams not knowing if they would be safe or even worse drivers sat in the garage.

I am a bit wary of making a selection before qualifying with the season being so new and teams still bringing upgrades.

However I am more than likely going to take on the Mercedes pair, I thought they were very fortunate to take the win in Australia, for me Ferrari mis-managed Vettel and should have followed Mercedes on to the hard tyres. but the main reason will be that the Mercedes was pretty tardy off the line in Australia and should they struggle to get away again here then we will have a race on our hands.

I will come back with a selection or two after qualifying.

Cheers Lazarus76 :cool:
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Superbolbg II Champion.

Twitter - https://twitter.com/lazarus76

lazarus76
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby lazarus76 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:28 am

Latest News

Fernando Alonso will sit out the Bahrain Grand Prix on medical advice, McLaren reserve driver Stoffel Vandoorne will make his F1 debut in his place.

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-web ... ounds.html

Superbolbg II Champion.

lazarus76
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby lazarus76 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:28 am

Well qualifying was about as bad as we expected and the sooner the get rid of this format the better, but anyhow we do have a race today and after the qualifying performance of the Mercedes and Hamilton in particular I am finding extremely difficult to see anything other than a Mercedes win and probably a 1-2.

So in terms of finding a value bet as I'm not keen on backing anyone at odds-on in F1, I have decided to look at some of the other markets and one particular favourite of mine is the Leader After One Lap.

We all saw in Melbourne just what can happen if the front row fail to get away, Vettel and Raikkonen from 3rd and 4th on the grid respectively got flyers after the Mercedes pair fluffed their starts and Vettel led followed by his team-mate after the 1st lap.

So for this race I will looking for the same thing to happen here, Vettel @7/2 looks tasty if Hamilton fails to get away and a small bet offers decent value, Raikkonen @14/1 is also worth a saver, the Ferrari's have shown that they are excellent getting away from the line and should the Mercedes be as tardy here then we could be on to a winner after the 1st lap.

Another market that I like is the Points Finish and admittedly this one comes from left-field but Pascal Wehrlein has impressed in his short time in F1 and the former DTM champion qualified in 16th place here (the best of the Q3 eliminated) and he only has to make up six places so with a bit of luck and a few retirements he can definitely finish in the top ten at a very tasty 11/1

Recommended Bets (Prices from bet365)

Leader After One Lap

Sebastian Vettel @7/2
Kimi Raikkonen @14/1

Points Finish

Pascal Wehrlein @11/1

Cheers and best of luck if you decide to play

Lazarus76 :cool:

Superbolbg II Champion.