Athletics - Selections and Discussion

lazarus76
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Not quite the middle of nowhere, but i can see it from here!

Athletics - Selections and Discussion

Postby lazarus76 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:52 am

Here are my views on the Athletics

Men

Track

100m

Well the debate and the bookies have this as a 2-horse race and all things being equal it probably will end up being just that, i personally think there has been a huge over-reaction to Usain Bolt being beaten in the Jamaican National Championships, firstly he got an atrocious start and was beaten into 2nd by the reigning World Champion Johan Blake (9.75 secs), Bolt’s time was 9.86 seconds which coincidently would be quick enough to win all 8 of the men’s 100m Diamond League races this season apart from the two that Bolt has raced in and won with times of 9.76 secs (Rome) and 9.79 secs (Oslo) respectively, secondly Bolt is a big race performer and has always broken World Records at either the World Championships or Olympic games, as you can probably tell i’m firmly in the Bolt camp and i expect him to retain his Olympic title at an amazing price really, he should be a 1/4 shot in my book so 8/11 is huge.

As for GB i think it will be a great achievement to get 1 into the final, Dwain Chambers shouldn’t even be in the squad and James Dasaolu isn’t at this level, but Adam Gemili has been very impressive this season, he has already won the World Junior Title and with a lot of luck if he were to get a weak semi-final (i.e. Bolt, Blake and either Gay or Gatlin all in the same semi) he could sneak a place into the Final.

Usain Bolt to win the 100 Meters final @8/11

Adam Gemili to qualify for the Final @3/1

110m Hurdles

Aries Merritt is a solid favourite for Olympic Gold and in fact he is one of my best bets of the entire games, amazingly he has recorded a time 12.93 seconds not once, not twice but his last three races he has clocked the same time, Liu Xiang is arguably his greatest danger but he has been struggling with injury, defending World Champion Jason Richardson hasn’t shown the same level of form this year, so for me Aries Merritt @5/4 is a cracking bet.

GB is represented by Lawrence Clarke, Andy Turner and Andrew Pozzi and i don’t think any of them can get any of them to the final let alone win a medal.

Aries Merritt to win the 110m Hurdles @5/4 NAP

200m

In my opinion Bolt is even better over 200m and my argument for backing him for the 100m also stands for the 200m, obviously his price would collapse if he were to win the 100m, i know some firms are offering a ridiculously short priced evens for the double, but that will look massive if he’s in the 200m final with the 100m in the bag.
As for GB, Christian Malcolm and James Ellington i think semi-finals at best.

Usain Bolt to win the 200m @8/13

400m

LaShawn Merritt is 11/8 favourite for the race put pulled up injured in his last prep race at Monaco in the Diamond League, Kirani James is the reigning World Champion but he still looks very raw, if he could pace his races better 5/2 wouldn’t be a bad bet, but that’s not for me, a few bookies are betting Each-Way on this race, Belgium’s Jonathan Borlee @16/1 EW is better value than the 2 shorties.

Nigel Levine, Conrad Williams and Martyn Rooney are GB’s trio and Levine and Williams have got their work cut out but if Martyn Rooney can rediscover his form from the last couple of years then he can definitely make the final.

400m Hurdles

This i think is a real opportunity Dai Greene to add the Olympic title to the World title he won last year in Daegu, Puerto Rico’s Javier Culson has looked very good this year and has beaten Greene the few times they have met but Greene beat Culson last year in the World’s and with the home crowd to spur him on i think the 3/1 available for Dai Greene rates as much better value than evs for Culson.

Rhys Williams and Jack Green make up the trio for GB in this event, Williams will do well to make the semis but 20 year-old Jack Green is a real star of the future and will obviously gain plenty of experience and if he were to make the final then who knows.

Dai Greene to win the 400m Hurdles @3/1

800m

Not much point in going into depth on this one, Kenya’s David Rudisha is 1/10 and will win, in the early part of his career he did have the tendency to throw in a stinker but he has matured as an athlete and has been imperious over the last couple of years and he will add Olympic Gold to the World Gold he won in Daegu last year

GB is represented by Michael Rimmer and Andrew Osagie, Osagie has a chance of making the final but i don’t think he will medal.

1500m

I’m going to be brave here and say that a Kenyan will win it, but which Kenyan? That is a different story, Absel Kiprop, Silas Kiplagat and Nixon Kiplimo Chepseba are all very good but if you had to nail me down on one of them i would probably go for Kiprop, but i think there is a little bit a value to be had, if it is a messy race then New Zealand’s Nick Willis is an extremely fast finisher and 5/1 for a top 3 finish rates as a value bet.

Youngster Ross Murray and Andy Baddeley are GB’s duo and Baddeley a bit like Rooney in the 400m, if he could recapture the form of a few years ago he could make the final but that’s about as good as it gets for team GB.

3000m Steeplechase

Another Kenyan victory here but like the 1500m picking which one is the question, they have dominated this event since 1984, Brimin Kipruto is defending Olympic champion and Ezekiel Kemboi is reigning World Champion, again if pressed on a selection i would go for Kemboi at slightly bigger odds around 5/2.

Veteran Stuart Stokes is the GB selection and is there solely to make up the numbers.

5000m

This Olympic games could well be the Mo Farah story and i fully expect him to add the Olympic title to the World title he won last year, the danger for me isn’t another athlete but the way the programme is structured, Farah will only have 4 days to recover after the 10000m final before having to qualify for this 5000m final, but i expect him to do just that, he is the most improved athlete in the world over the last couple of years and the move to Alberto Salazar has been a master-stroke, i think the 2/1 on offer is huge and of course will disappear if he wins the 10000m.

Nick McCormick has also been selected for GB for the 5000m and will do well to make the final

Mo Farah to win the 5000m @2/1

10000m

Although Farah was outsprinted in the World Championship final last year by Ibrahim Jelian i don’t see that happening this time around, Farah has learnt to dictate the race how he wants it to be run, Kenya’s Kenenisa Bekele will rate as the obvious danger but i’m a huge fan of Farah’s and evens for the 10000m final looks a good bet to me

Chris Thompson is GB’s other athlete in the 10000m and as it is a straight final who knows what can happen, the conditions will suit better and if he can hang to Farah’s coat-tails he may well have a chance of a bronze if a few of the other competitors run below par.

Mo Farah to win the 10000m @evs

Decathlon

American Ashton Eaton is massive odds-on favourite for this after breaking Roman Sebrle’s World Record at the US Olympic Trials and i would be amazed if he didn’t win Gold, but the price of 1/5 in the Decathlon where one bad event can end your competition is very short.

Daniel Awde is the GB selection and would need a miracle to medal.

4x100m Relay

This event for me is not which nation has the sprinters but which one of them can get the baton round, to be honest i would be amazed if the both of the big boys (USA and Jamaica) made it to the final, if they do make it then Jamaica will probably win but i’m prepared to take both of them on with Great Britain Each-Way @25/1, you need a lot of luck in the Relay and i’d rather not play at odds-on in a very tricky event.

Great Britain @25/1 E/W in the 4x100m Relay

4x400m Relay

USA are massive odds-on favourites for this and although you need luck in the Relays, it isn’t as prevalent in the 4x400m and they will be very hard to beat, 1/4 is one for the odds-on brigade.

Team GB made up from Nigel Levine, Conrad Williams, Martyn Rooney, Dai Greene, Jack Green, Richard Buck, Luke Lennon-Ford and Rob Tobin and to be honest with the best will in the world i couldn’t see them medalling.

Field

Long Jump

Australian Mitchell Watt is current favourite for this event and has been the most consistent of jumpers in the world this year, 7/2 is available and that seems a very fair price.

GB be are represented by Greg Rutherford and Chris Tomlinson and both have got live chances of a medal, if you want to back Tomlinson then do it with Stan James they are 33/1 and they are going Each-Way (1/5 odds 1,2,3) he is as low as 7/1 with a few firms, i can see GB definitely getting a medal but i think it would take a huge task for both to medal, i’d probably favour Rutherford over Tomlinson he has equalled the British record this year and he is technically a better jumper.

Triple Jump

American Christian Taylor is a short priced favourite for this and he like Mitchell Watt in the Long Jump has been very consistent this year and is definitely the one to beat.

The enigma that is Phillips Idowu can’t keep is name away from controversary, is he or isn’t he injured, apparently he has passed his medical records over the BOA, he is one of those marmite athletes and personally i don’t mind him, he could well win this or he could bomb out in qualification, he has taken silver at the last Olympics and World Championship and 8/1 seems a big price, i think anyone getting close to 18 meters will win this and Idowu is capable of that.

High Jump

This is one of the most open High Jump competitions i can remember and to be honest there are plenty in with a chance of winning it, Russian Ivan Ukhov has the leading clearance in the world this year with 2.39 meters and is favourite for this and is out for redemption after tarnishing is reputation in 2008 after attempting a jump while drunk (quite funny actually, it’s on You Tube).

GB have a real chance in the form of Robbie Grabarz, he won the European Championships this year and finished 2nd in the Diamond League in Monaco last month, 8/1 is available and that seems very fair.

Robbie Grabarz E/W in the High Jump @8/1

Pole Vault

Renaud Lavillenie is generally odds-on and is the best Vaulter and will probably win this but if you get it wrong (like Steve Hooker did in Beijing 2008 going out with no height) we could have a shock but to be honest i don’t see that happening here.

Steve Lewis competes for GB here and will do to make any impression in this calibre of field

Shot Put

This is very open indeed, American Reese Hoffa is favourite and reigning World Champion David Storl and reigning Olympic Champion Tomasz Majewski are all in this field and their are many more in this field that could win this, to be honest i don’t have a strong opinion in this but Hoffa has looked good this season and 3/1 is a good price.

Carl Myerscough is GB’s representative and will do well to make the final

Discus

German Robert Harting is odds-on favourite and i can see him winning here quite convincingly, he won the World Championship last year by over 2 meters and Olympic gold beckons for him here.

Lawrence Okoye has got a real chance of a medal here, he only took up Discus throwing in 2010 after a promising Rugby Union career, he broke the British record in May and his progression has been staggering, 7/2 for a top 3 finish is worth a small investment.

Lawrence Okoye top 3 finish in the Discus @7/2

Javelin

This could be one of the Field events of the games, Czech Republic’s Vitezslav Vesely coached by the legendary Jan Zelezny and Norway’s Andreas Thorkildsen are vying for favouritism and are clearly the best two throwers in the event and i will be amazed if one of them doesn’t win Gold, Vesely is the young up and coming star but Thorkildsen is defending Olympic Champion and also took Silver at the World’s last year, i fancy Thorkildsen for this, his experience will be vital and the 9/4 generally available is a good price.

Team GB’s competitor will be Mervyn Luckwell and if he makes the final that will a success

Hammer

Hungarian Krisztian Pars is favourite and the most likely winner, he missed out on World Championship Gold by 6 centimetres in Daegu last year and will be going all out to make amends here, Kori Murofushi who beat Pars is here as is Belarusian 3-time World Champion Ivan Tsikhan, but Pars has been the best thrower in the world this year and i expect him to take gold.
Alex Smith represents GB and he like another of our Field athletes will do well to make the final.

Women

100m

The Women’s 100m final is generally USA vs. Jamaica but there could be an athlete to throw a spanner in the works and athlete comes in the form of Nigeria’s Blessing Okagbare, she won the last two Diamond League races (London and Monaco) but doing it at the Olympics is another matter, defending Olympic Champion Shelley-Ann Fraser-Pryce is as short as evens after doing the double (100m and 200m) at the Jamaican National Championships, she also managed to set a new national record of 10.70 seconds, but i like reigning World Champion Carmelita Jeter for this, she is an excellent Championship competitor and 11/4 is a decent price.

Abi Oyepitan and Anika Onuora are team GB’s chosen athletes and to be honest need a miracle to see the final in fact if they make the semis that would be a good result.

100m Hurdles

Ironically my best bet in Women’s events also comes in the sprint hurdles and that comes in the form of reigning Australian World Champion Sally Pearson, in my opinion she is head and shoulders above the rest of her competitors in this event and i amazed she can be backed at 4/7 when i have her as a 2/7 shot.

Tiffany Porter (Ofili) competes for team GB and with a bit of luck could make the final at best.

Sally Pearson to win the 100m Hurdles @4/7 NAP

200m

Jamaica vs. USA round 2, this time the American’s have the favourite in the shape of Allyson Felix and at 1/2 she should be winning this and probably will, i think one thing in her favour is that this year she is just concentrating on the 200m and not trying the Michael Johnson 200m and 400m double that she attempted in Daegu last year (without much success, 3rd in the 200m and 2nd in the 400m).

Margaret Adoye joins the 100m athletes in this event and i think the semi-finals are all they can hope for.

400m

Sanya Richards-Ross is generally odds-on for this and the 2011 female athlete of the year will take a lot of beating but i will be taking her on with the defending Olympic Champion GB’s Christine Ohuruogu, she was available to back at 40/1 at the beginning of last month but a storming performance at the Diamond League meeting in London has catapulted her back into the picture, 8/1 is still available and she is a solid E/W bet against the odds-on favourite.

Shana Cox and Veteran Lee McConnell make up the remainder of GB’s athletes and again the Semi’s will be where their story ends.

Christine Ohuruogu E/W in the 400m @8/1

400m Hurdles

Before the Diamond League meeting in London, American Lashinda Demus and Russian Natalya Antyukh were the two leading contenders for this event, then GB’s Perri Shakes-Drayton threw a huge spanner in the works, she ran an unbelievable race (53.78 secs) smashing her p.b by 4 tenths of a second, that time would have been good enough to take bronze in the last Olympics and World Championships, the shrewdies quickly hovered up all the fancy prices and she was backed down from 25/1 to 11/2, i think she is a cracking E/W bet.

Eilidh Child joins her from team GB and she has an outside chance of making the final.

Perri Shakes-Drayton E/W in the 400m Hurdles @11/2

800m

Defending Olympic Champion Kenyan Pamela Jelimo is favourite and the most likely winner of this, she won’t have all her own way though, reigning World Champion Mariya Savinova from Russia and Runner up South African Caster Semenya will be challengers but i expect Jelimo to be victorious.

Youngster Lynsey Sharp is GB’s only athlete and will gain plenty of experience but shouldn’t be good enough to make the final.

1500m

Ethiopia’s Abeda Aregawi and Turkey’s Asli Cakir Alptekin are joint favourites for this event, but purely looking at the betting it is wide open, Alptekin won the European Championships this year and has got a decent sprint finish and that could prove vital if it turns out to be a slow run race, i’m slightly siding with her but i think there are about six that could actually win this.

Laura Weightman, Lisa Dobriskey and Hannah England represent GB and although England took silver in the World’s last year she really hasn’t done much since but again if it’s a messy race Dobriskey or England might get lucky and snatch a medal.

3000m Steeplechase

Reigning Russian World Champion Yuliya Zaripova is the odds-on favourite and will be looking to add Olympic Gold to the one she won at the World Championships in Daegu last year, and to be honest i can’t see anyone getting near her.

Eilish McColgan daughter of Liz McColgan and Barbara Parker represent team GB but they won’t be winning any medals here.

5000m

Kenyan Vivian Cheruiyot will be attempting the 5000m, 10000m double that she successfully accomplished at the World Championship last year, she is odds-on for this but certainly won’t have it all her own way, Ethiopian Meseret Defar will be tough competition but i expect Cheruiyot a 4/5 shot to take Gold.

Jo Pavey, Julia Bleasdale and Barbara Parker will be competing for GB, and will do well to reach the final

10000m

As i have mentioned above Vivian Cheruiyot is attempting the double and has a great chance but reigning Olympic Champion Ethiopian Tirunesh Dibaba (who did the double at Beijing 2008) will provide her with plenty of competition as she is only doing the 10000m this time, the programme is structured the same as the Men’s so there is a weeks gap between both finals, i rate Cheruiyot and although 10/11 isn’t much of a price she is the best long distance runner in the world and i hope she manages the double.

Pavey and Bleasdale double up and i really don’t expect much from them at all.

Heptathlon

Team GB really do have a strong gold medal contender in the form Jessica Ennis, the 2009 World Champion has been in excellent form this season and broke Denise Lewis’ British Record earlier this year, Ennis has got such a strong opening day i can see her being 200 points clear after the 200m, her 2nd day isn’t as strong and reigning World Champion Russian Tatyana Chernova and defending Olympic Champion Ukrainian Natalya Dobrynska will be coming back at her but Ennis has been working hard on her weaker events and threw a p.b in the Javelin when she broke the British record earlier this year, 4/5 is decent price and if all things go according to plan she’ll be ¼ after the opening day an we can all green up.

Katarina Johnson-Thompson and Louise Hazel make the team GB athletes and if they make the top 10 they’ll have done well.

Jessica Ennis to win the Heptathlon @4/5

4x100m Relay

Round 3 of the Jamaica vs. USA battle and like i have already stated you need a lot of luck i the Relay, but if the big guns both make it to the final then it will be a fascinating race, i’m slightly coming down in favour of the USA but it is a real toss of the coin job, USA are available at evs to win the 4x100 m Relay.

Looking at the GB Squad list it doesn’t state they have any athletes for the Relay

4x400m Relay

This will probably go to the USA but the Russians will give them a run for their money, but there is value bet to be had and that is team GB for a top three finish @4/1, GB can call on Ohurougu, Cox, McConnell, Shakes-Drayton, Marilyn Okoro, Emily Diamond and 2007 World Championship silver medallist Nicola Sanders, team GB can put together a very good quartet and with a bit of luck could get a medal.

Great Britain top 3 finish @4/1

Field

Long Jump

American World Champion Brittney Reese is by far the best female Long Jumper on current form, she is regularly jumping over the magical 7 meter mark in women’s long jump and i can’t believe she isn’t odds-on for gold here, 6/5 is huge value in an event i expect her to dominate.

Shara Proctor is by no means the worst GB competitor and with a bit of luck she could medal.

Brittney Reese to win the Long Jump @6/5

Triple Jump

Ukrainian Olha Saladukha and Colombian Caterine Ibarguen are vying for favouritism for this event, Saladukha is the reigning World Champion and has been very consistent this year, but if you take the top two out of the equation then this becomes wide open and GB have a chance in the form of Yamile Aldama (Cuban-born and formerly competed for Sudan) she comes here on the back of some solid performances and could be worth an interest around the 20/1 mark E/W.

High Jump

This event like the Triple Jump is dominated in the betting by two athletes, Russian World Champion Anna Chicherova and American Chaunte Howard-Lowe, i like the chances of Chicherova adding Olympic Gold to her World Championship, she has performed well this season and knows what it takes to win at the highest level, she can be backed at 11/10.

Team GB don’t have a competitor for this event

Pole Vault

If Double Olympic (2004 and 2008) Yelena Isinbayeva hadn’t of recorded no height at the Diamond League in Monaco, then i am certain she would have been 2/5 for this but she did and she is now available to back at 15/8, i am amazed and will definitely taking advantage of this massive price.

Holly Bleasdale represents GB, and she has a real chance of a medal, she has been steadily improving all year and with a bit of luck she could go well here, i don’t think she can win it but she can be backed at 14/1 E/W.

Yelana Isinbayeva to win the Pole Vault @15/8

Shot Put

This is another event dominated by the top two in the betting, reigning New Zealand World and Olympic champion Valarie Adams (Nee Vili) is the 4/9 favourite for this and her closest challenger will be Belarussian Nadzeya Astapchuk, she finished runner-up to Adams in Daegu last year and will more than likely fill the same position again.

Team GB don’t have a competitor for this event

Discus

Chinese World Champion Yanfeng Li will be bidding to add Olympic gold to her World Championship Gold, but i like the chances of young Croatian Sandra Perkovic, the 22-year old threw an amazing 69.99 meters last year and that would have been enough to win the Olympic final in Beijing by 5 meters, a repeat of that sort of distance will win this easily, she is currently 6/4 for this.

Team GB don’t have a competitor for this event.

Sandra Perkovic to win the Discus @6/4

Javelin

Czech Republic’s defending Olympic Champion Barbora Spotakova will be looking add another Olympic Gold to the one she won in Beijing (2008) and aiming to go one better than she did at the World Championships last year and i expect her to achieve that, she has been a model of consistency this season and can be backed at 2/1.

Goldie Sayers agonisingly finished 4th in Beijing (2008) and i think she has a chance of going at least one better this time around, she recently broke her own British record (London Diamond League) and that sort of performance could see her sneak a medal, she is available at 4/1 for a top three finish.

Hammer

This Hammer competition is wide open and at five women come her with a chance of Olympic Glory, Russian Tatyana Lysenko, German Betty Heidler and China’s Zhang Wenxiu filled the medal places at the World Championship last year and if Lysenko throws anywhere near the 77.13 she won the World’s with she will be very hard to beat, she can be backed at 5/2.

Youngster Sophie Hitchon competes for team GB and will do well to make the final.

Although i have made a selection in every event, the Highlighted bets are my recommendations, this started as a little write-up for a few events and i ended up covering the whole games :shock: :P

Cheers and Best of Luck

Lazarus76 :cool:
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Superbolbg II Champion.

Twitter - https://twitter.com/lazarus76

fairfranco
Stallion
Tips

Postby fairfranco » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:19 am

Great write up's :win:

Good luck with those selections. i don't really follow athletics myself so will just be enjoying watching for the most part but i may take in a few of your tips.

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:34 am

Adam Gemili to qualify for the Final @3/1
Very brave choice there Lazarus, it's going to be very tough for young Adam but a great experience for him, Maurice Greene said in a recent interview that he could surprise everybody and win a medal

munchen
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby munchen » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:49 am

A very nice write up Lazarus and good luck with your bets :win:
I am very keen for the athletics as it is one of the highlight of the olympic for me.
I only disagree with your bet in the 10000m and i already posted my view and bets at the other thread but posting it here would be more appopriate.
I hope mo farah gets the 5000m but i would like the legend to win the 10000m :P

I am a huge fan of the middle distance running and when i saw the odds for the 10000m was quite surprised with the odds on offer even though on form wise it might be a true reflection.

mo farah 2.37
kenenise bekele 4.30
tariku bekele 9.00
wilson kiprop 9.00
bedam karoki 9.00

There is others too but i think the gold is between this guys to fight it out.
Mo farah has been in great form since 2011 and deservedly a favourite but i have doubt's about his temparament and the pressure will be huge on him to deliver britian's first gold in this distance.I also think he has better chance in the 5000m race.
Tariku bekele the brother of the other bekele,wilson kiprop and bedam karoki is the darkhorses in the race and might surprise the crowd if they run more than what they are capable of doing.

Kenenise bekele is one of the best middles distance runner ever produced since paavo nurmi,zatopek and gebrselassie.He has been injured on and off since the last few years and that is why he is the 2nd fav in the race but as i can see in the odds on offer at books,He is not in the 5000m which he usually runs too.I can't find the conformed runners for the race but if the books is right then he might be only concentrating on this race.He would make history if he could win the gold for the 3rd time as no men as ever done that and i am confident he can do it if he is at least 95% fit because a 95% fit kenenise is still good enough to beat this field.He need to be in striking distance in the last lap and at 200m to finish i can see the famous kick from the great man that have destroyed many runners.
I already taken the bet on him
Last edited by munchen on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

munchen
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby munchen » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:51 am

Even though 2.10 is not much of a big price but i have gladly taken it in the women's pole vault on yelena isinbayeva.
She is the equivalant of the great sergey bubka in women pole vaulting and if she can jump 5 metres or above then the gold medal will be hers because no other women have jumped 5 metres or above than herself.Barring any extra ordinary performance by others and providing isinbayeva jumps to her best then a 3rd olympic gold is hers.
I see good value in that price for the greatest women pole vaulter.

munchen
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby munchen » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:52 am

Edit:Paula radcliffe is out so no need for this reasoning :(
Last edited by munchen on Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Online Trader
Stallion
Tips

Postby Online Trader » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:23 am

munchen

Radcliffe is out of the Olympics with a foot injury :(

munchen
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby munchen » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:45 pm

Oh sad,Did not check the latest news as i took the bet last week :(
Guess i'll just have to watch for fun then.
I am thinking of betting the 10000m women's today and will post later.

munchen
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby munchen » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:35 pm

10000M WOMEN FINAL TODAY

Vivian cheruiyot a deservedly favourite from the way she has been running in the last few years and dibaba the defending champion is second favourite.
In a ideal run race this two will be the one fighting for the gold at the end but i'll take a chance on the ethiopian runner beleynesh oljira.
She has been progressing quite nicely the last few years and set a very decent time in june.She is only 22 and surely capable of better things and at big odds i'll take a small bet on her to win.I won't mind vivian wins her first olympic medal which is the only one missing in her cv but if there is any slip up between the front two i would like the girl that i had betted to capitalise hopefully if she was within touching distance in the final lap. :wink:

OLJIRA BELEYNESH @21.00

manafana
Stallion
Tips

Postby manafana » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:26 pm

the long 10,000m to start now, went with you guys s on cheruiyot 5/4 Stan James and Boylesports.

isinbayeva is 15/8 isnt it the case shes not in the form of games past this season?

munchen
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby munchen » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:20 pm

What a champion dibaba..she just destroyed vivian out of the blue.
My bet was lost half way but to see dibaba run is really magnificent,She just cemented herself as the greatest 10000m olmypic runner for women.

Manafana..Isinbayeva broke the indoor world record again in february so no reason to think she is out of form.She took a break and comeback stronger than ever and as i said previously isinbayeva at her best is unbeatable and seeing her jump is poetry in motion:P
Jennifer suhr and fabiana murer the one to watch out and her old nemesis feofanova.The 2004 olympic duel between the russians is classic and any duel that we could be entertained would be nice this time around.

drobgod
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby drobgod » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:35 pm

Any experts on Women's Heptathlon? Has Jessica Ennis got a big enough lead after the first day?

Bookmakers have her as long odds-on favourite yet some pundits on BBC were worried that two of the three events tomorrow she can sometimes struggle with and therefore might get beat.