Athletics - Selections and Discussion

KanKeano
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby KanKeano » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:33 pm

I dont know much about the 1500m these days. But the commentary seem shocked, Seb Coe looks stunned, the crowd is very quiet.......has that man been in Ben Johnsons old locker?
The lad has a big kick, the rest ran straight into his hands with such a slow early pace, but he certainly hasn't done anything out of the extraordinary tonight. Ran 3:34 which is around what he has been running for the last 4 years. Not sure that it's such a surprise other than he needed a doctor's note to get back into the final after the DQ from the 800m.

My biggest issue is that the 800m & 1500m overlap in these games. Why, I've never known a track meet where these two clash. In the past the most of the runners ran in both so I can't understand the thinking in it!
Last edited by KanKeano on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OLBG Moderator

Twitter | KanKeano_OLBG

Owner of KanKeano Bears | SUPERBOLBG
AFC Conference Champions Season 5
AFC South Champions Season 3, 4 & 5

hawkzz
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby hawkzz » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:36 pm

yes it looks like they are stopping runners taking part in both 800 & 1500 on purpose. A top class runner who had qualified for 1500m final could take part in both tonight and made the scheduling look a shambles as he limps home in the 1500m shattered

lazarus76
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Not quite the middle of nowhere, but i can see it from here!

Postby lazarus76 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:04 am

Thanks Tomsky, personally it was a very profitable games for me, glad you managed to get a few winners, NFL the next big thing for me, should have a preview for the season up by the end of next week, cheers Lazarus76
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Superbolbg II Champion.

Twitter - https://twitter.com/lazarus76

munchen
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby munchen » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:23 pm

Well done lazarus :win:
I did not make any profit in the track or field but i am still happy to see all those greats win their events especially one men.

Mo farah from a good runner become great in the 10k but he became a legend now after that 5k triumph.
I have a lot of new found respect for the men who i thought would crumble under the pressure but that relentless training has bore the fruits.
Salute the man for achieving what only a few elite man has done and what is most probably the greatest triumph for a britian runner in track.