Cycling - Time Trials

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:10 pm

I disagree with some of what you say Micko.
Fair point mate, we both often have different opinions, which is a good thing.
Ive had my little bet on Cancellara and I think I will leave it at that.
Good luck with that.

I am just trying to keep my good run going, with 1st & 2nd in the Women's race and 2nd in the Men's.

If i lose i have lost nothing, i am not at work on Wednesday so should be able to watch the race, depending on what time i get back from my bike ride

gizzajob
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby gizzajob » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:18 pm

Another rider I have not seen mentioned is Marco Pinotti.

He has had a fairly quiet season, but did win the final stage of this year's Giro over a flat course (but at around 30km), beating Larsson, Phinney. He skipped the TDF and has had a few easier months, I believe aiming for this race. His tweets seem upbeat and confident.

Of course if they were fully fit and rested I do not think he would finish above Wiggins, Cancellera or Martin, but given there are such uncertainties, a top3 bet is what I am going for.

It is 8s at BWin, and although oddschecker is suggesting it is 18s at 888 and bluesq, I am hoovering up anything at around 20s on Betfair.

Thoughts? is anything above 12s good value?

KanKeano
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby KanKeano » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:33 pm

Wiggo has got to be the favourite here. He stays upright and no mechanicals he'll win. He's beaten all the top riders in this field this season and they all know it.

Then you have Froome, Cancellera and Martin to fight it out for the silver & bronze
OLBG Moderator

Twitter | KanKeano_OLBG

Owner of KanKeano Bears | SUPERBOLBG
AFC Conference Champions Season 5
AFC South Champions Season 3, 4 & 5

Liverpool1985
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Liverpool1985 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:01 pm

I can usually ignore the pointless attempts of journalists posting utter nonsense all over the Internet, but on the eve of Wiggins going for Gold I came across this piece.

I can honestly say this is worst Cycling Related News Article I have EVER read. And I don't understand why Journalists who understand nothing of the sport try to get involved.

See the Joke below.
http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spor ... -1-4095385#

While my small stakes are on tomorrow my full support is with Wiggins for the win. Come on Brad, some em how it's done!

manafana
Stallion
Tips

Postby manafana » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:51 pm

got on wiggins at much better prices after his tt showings in france hard see him beaten with both his main rivals haven had hard time of things on injury front this season.

Chipmonkadidooda
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Chipmonkadidooda » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:12 pm

Liverpool1985..

I've just read your link to the most ill informed piece of writing i've had the displeasure of reading. He really looks like a guy who's endured some of the more physical of sports too doesn't he. Utter K++bhead!
what actually did Wiggins achieve?

He won two time trials and finished in the pack in every other stage. He clearly wasn’t the best rider in the mountains (where the men are traditionally sorted from the boys) as another Brit, Chris Froome, had to keep waiting for him.
So I guess Indurain was a lightweight too, and even Armstrong to a certain extent then?
I’m just hoping Jessica Ennis wins the Olympic heptathlon so we won’t have the go through the whole ‘cycling is king’ argument at the end of the sporting year.
Yeah, lets try and eclipse the fact that one more medal for Wiggins makes him officially the largest haul Olympian in British history with a sport where you are a jack of all trades and master of none like the Heptathlon or Decathlon. I've nothing against either of those disciplines, but does he really have any compunction as to the sacrifice and effort riding s bike through tour after tour to this level takes?

I'll bet the beer swilling, fag smoking backwater redrag chip paper writer has never even tried to ride a bike further than the extent of his knoweldge of cycling.

I wish i'd never read it!!!!
SUPERBOLBG Creator & Commissioner!
SUPERBOLBG V WORLD CHAMPIONS!
2x NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

OFL WEBSITE HERE!
http://superbolbg.weebly.com/

Read my BLOGS here!
http://www.olbg.com/blogs/Chipmonkadidooda

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:21 pm

Allan Swann - What a tool.

Howay guys, we all must admit that it's pretty easy riding 45km on a bike at an average speed of 50km.

Riding up a mountain for 18km with a gradient of about 8% is simple too, we can all do this in our sleep.

And as for riding a Kilometer quicker than anybody else in a Velodrome, we have all been there and done that.

addpea
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby addpea » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:54 pm

Given what you guys have said about the piece and the couple of quotes Im not even going to waste my time reading it, just as he shouldnt have wasted his time writing it.
@DarranPearce on twitter feel free to add me

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:16 pm

Armstrong wins the Womens time trial, another winning Cycling bet, that will do for me, couldn't get the ew double on though, shame

munchen
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby munchen » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:27 am

It's a bit out of topic but i do enjoy watch cycling especially the big tour's and the olympic.Anyone else think froome should have won the tour if he was not in the same team as wiggo?I saw some of the moves he made in the mountain and i must say he was far better than wiggo.
Anyway good to see wiggo winning the tt but would have liked emma pooley to win in the women but sadly did not happen
:(