Olympic Tennis

TimBing
Group 2 Class
Tips

Olympic Tennis

Postby TimBing » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:03 am

I posted this on the Tennis Forum.
I think that Serena Williams will be highly motivated for an Olympics Gold medal.

If she wins the singles, she will become the first player to win all four slams, plus singles and doubles gold.

She will also be 34 when the next Olympics come around, so this is realistically her final chance of that elusive singles gold medal.
Last edited by TimBing on Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

TimBing
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby TimBing » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:05 am

I have also taken the liberty of copying this post from Teddy.T from the Tennis Forum
Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 22:58 Post subject:
I think we could be in for a bit of a shock here, especially in the Men's event.

Tennis has been involved again in the Olympics since 1984 and in that time five unseeded players have made the Men's final, including 1992 winner Marc Rosset. Compare that to the Women's event in that same time span and not once has a player seeded higher than ten made the final.

With just three sets for the men all the way to the final this makes upsets distinctly possible and some big outsiders could have a good run - perfect for trading. With much of the field and the draw still to be decided it could be worth hanging fire before playing here but I will be looking for some big prices to go well.

In the meantime, I have backed number 6 seed Tomas Berdych at 50 as despite his first round defeat at Wimbledon this year he has made three ATP finals on grass including losing out to Nadal after beating Djokovic in 2010 and he looks likely to play better than his odds suggest.

As stated above major shocks look less likely in the Women's event but I really like the chance of 33/1 shot Sabine Lisicki. Her recent record on grass is excellent and judging by her Twitter posts she is really excited about the prospect of representing her country in the Olympics and is fired up to play well.
I'm not sure the top seeds will be as motivated, esp Williams and Sharapova, who have only played once before at the Olympics between them when Serena made the QF in 2008. Both have had hard seasons and may see focusing on the US Open as more important.

So Berdych and Lisicki for me with a couple more to be added once we know the draw.

TimBing
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby TimBing » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:54 am

Victoria Azarenka & Max Mirnyi to beat Andy Murray & Laura Robson.

Current odds 8/15

Andy Murray will have to play the mixed doubles final just a couple of hours after playing a potential 5 set singles match against Roger Federer.

He will surely be drained both physically and mentally, whilst Azarenka and Mirnyi will be fresh and raring to go.

Sad to say, but I also think that Laura Robson will be the weakest of the 4 players on the court. This will be the biggest match of her life, whereas the others are more used to playing in finals (although not Olympic events).

Both Mirnyi and Azarenka have fearsome serves and ground-strokes, and you can be sure that they will be targeting Laura all the time.

The odds of 6/5 for a straight sets win for the Belarusan team also looks tempting.

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:20 am

:) Be nice to See Andy Murray could win both Golds,
in the singles and mixed doubles.
& Laura Robson, nice to see her win a gold to.
Could see Laura winning singles event next few years, like what
V.Wade did.

:hope: Hopefully Andy Murray will beat Roger Federer today.
To make up the dissapointment, Andy had last they met here
at Wimbledon.

KanKeano
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby KanKeano » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:43 am

Now we really will know if all these golds is the result of having home advantage if Murray manages to win a gold! :lol: :P
OLBG Moderator

Twitter | KanKeano_OLBG

Owner of KanKeano Bears | SUPERBOLBG
AFC Conference Champions Season 5
AFC South Champions Season 3, 4 & 5

MadScot
At Stud
Tips

Postby MadScot » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:56 pm

Great start by murray,my heart says murray will win,but my head is saying lump on federer... :?

Superb from murray,well done son :win:
Last edited by MadScot on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

munchen
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby munchen » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:19 pm

Murray did it after all the near misses in the slam's i was rooting for him to win this the very least and he should be very proud :win:
Well done to all who backed him :D

Home advantage is having a great effect :wink:

Online Trader
Stallion
Tips

Postby Online Trader » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:26 pm

Murray wins a final at Wimbledon :shock: :shock:

Will the IOC test him :P

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:27 pm

:D Andy Murray wins at Wimbledon at last..

:win: Agree with Garlic, Andy wearing blue, so Wimbledon
should let Andy wear blue next year. :yes:

Come on Andy win the mixed doubles now.. :hope: :win: