Cycling - Road Race

drobgod
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby drobgod » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:27 pm

Any thoughts on the Women's race tomorrow?

Could do with a speculative punt for something to watch!!

addpea
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby addpea » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:29 pm

Sorry I really cant help much as I know very little on the women's side of things. What I would say is they only have to go up Box Hill twice so it is a fairly easy course and there wont be as many places to attack like there was today with the men.
@DarranPearce on twitter feel free to add me

Liverpool1985
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Liverpool1985 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:51 pm

Good Shouts Lads on 1st and 2nd. Didn't want Vino to win though, just like Addpea, and was cheering on Uran but there was only going to be one winner from that duo once they went clear. 2 of my 3 Tips @ 33/1 and 66/1 got in the breakaway group but had nothing left to challenge for the win. Story of my year with Cycling. Always get my tips in the break but never the Overall Winner in these types of races.

Yea I can't help with the Womens Race tomorrow either. Checkout the Other Sports Forum though next month as I am sure the Vuelta will provide some tipping action.

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:19 pm

After Uran finished 2nd and won me a few quid i am thinking of having a dabble on Lizzie Armitstead for the women's event.

Lizzie has won plenty of track titles and this year has decided not to tackle the Omnium on the track and solely aim for the road race.

This is a big positive as Lizzie is a great track rider with a Gold medal in the 2009 World Championships, plus other medals.

Lizzie has won stages in major races on the women's circuit and comes into the Olympics in a confident mood and i will have a small go at the 10/1 available.

Her main threat is Marianne Vos from Holland who has won plenty of big races in her career including the women's Giro D'Italia for the last 2 years.

This year she won 5 of the 9 stages and is capable of winning any stage no matter what the terrain.

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:56 pm

Well done KK with Vinokourov @ 66/1.

If only we had chatted properly before the off, we could have had a massive forecast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:45 am

The forum expects this excellent cycling tipping to continue throughout the Olympics!!

The BBC did seem to indicate that Cavendish only had to turn up, so a misjudgement.

KanKeano
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby KanKeano » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:37 am

I personally know very little about Womens cycling other than Nicola Cooke won this race in Beijing. I'll just be keeping my fingers crossed for a British win today rather than having any money on it.
OLBG Moderator

Twitter | KanKeano_OLBG

Owner of KanKeano Bears | SUPERBOLBG
AFC Conference Champions Season 5
AFC South Champions Season 3, 4 & 5

overthefence
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby overthefence » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:07 am

I was mega dissapointed in Mark Cavendish, asked a simple question in interview which was "do you think the tour de france took its toll".

He replied "what a stupid question, dont you know anything about cycling"

Thought given 80% of the viewing public knew jack all about cycling in any detail it was probably a question most had asked themself.

A true champion is accepting in defeat and takes the media in their stride, sounded like a silly school boy whom thought himself he had the gold in the bag and threw a tantrum as he had not won.
www.twitter.com/overthefence200

PDC runner up -Dec 2011
Horse Racing Pro tipsters - 5th Place Mar 2012

RomanyKing
Stallion
Tips

Postby RomanyKing » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:57 pm

I agree mate, I don't follow cycling but saw his interview yesterday. He blamed everyone but himself. Seemed a bit of a to%*er :P
Love Outsiders...Hate Favourites

follow me on twitter @samsationuk

addpea
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby addpea » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:07 pm

But to be fair it wasnt really his fault that he didnt win and he was spot on in what he said in the interview straight after the race. I also saw the interview you are on about on the news and laughed as that is Cav all over he hates losing and that is no bad thing in my book. In this case it probably was a valid question although I agree with Cav the Tour de France made no difference on what happened yesterday.

The BBC werent the only ones who thought he had to turn up and win as two betting previews I saw said the same thing and suggested you should lump on. To be fair I dont really blame the BBC for bigging up possible GB winners as most people watching are wanting a GB winner. For other sports that I dont have so much knowledge about I want to know if GB have a chance of winning gold.
@DarranPearce on twitter feel free to add me

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:41 pm

Like i said in my first post, no sprint finish since 1976

It's totally difference having 8 riders helping you pull a breakaway back compared to just 3.

I cannot believe that people actually backed Cav and thought he was a good bet, although he would have probably won a sprint finish there was no guarantee and 5/4 was a crazy price.

RomanyKing
Stallion
Tips

Postby RomanyKing » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:38 pm

Good call Micko, what an effort from the Brit. Good finish
Love Outsiders...Hate Favourites

follow me on twitter @samsationuk