PDC World Championships Starts Thursday December 17th

Bobsselections
At Stud
Tips

PDC World Championships Starts Thursday December 17th

Postby Bobsselections » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:25 am

Preliminary Round

Andy Boulton v Per Laursen

Boulton makes his debut appearance here and Laursen his fourth having reached the last 32 in 2007, 2011 and 2014.

Boulton lost all three of his matches at the Grand Slam 5-0 against Barney, 5-4 against Larry Butler and 5-1 against Gary Anderson.
He gained his place here by reaching the final of the qualifiers which he lost 5-4 against Ricky Evans who enters the tournament in the first round.
Laursen is the winner of seven tournaments in Denmark and Sweden this year and the previous experience he has gained at the World Championships should see him reach the first round.

First round

Jamie Lewis v Daryl Gurney

Lewis plays here for a third year in a row having lost in the first round in each of the last two years and Gurney makes his second appearance here having reached the second round in 2013.

Lewis beat Thornton 6-5 and then lost 10-8 against Chisnall at the Players Championship Finals so Gurney who reached the semi finals of that tournament losing against MVG appears to be in the better form of these two so he should gain a narrow win against a player he beat 6-5 at the Dutch Darts Masters qualifiers in March.

Peter Wright v Keegan Brown

Wright was the runner up here in 2014 and Brown reached the second round on his first appearance here last year.

Wright beat Wade in the quarter finals and Taylor in the semi finals in the World Series of Darts before a narrow 10-11 defeat against MVG in the final.
He then won against Beaton at the Players Championship Finals and then lost narrowly again this time 9-10 against Whitlock.

Brown lost against Rowby John Rodriguez in the first round of the U21`s World Championship and was then unfortunate enough to draw MVG at the Players Championship Finals.
He has won three of his last four against Wright but Wright is much more experienced in majors and is in good form so he has to be the choice here.

Gary Anderson v Andy Boulton or Per Laursen

Anderson has only reached the last sixteen of his last three tournaments but he has won against Taylor within that time so he is not exactly playing badly and should make a winning start to the defence of the title he won last year against either of these opponents.

Just a few thoughts on the opening days matches.

Please add any thoughts you have on individual matches or outright winners.

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:10 am

Hello mate hope you are well and been doing well with your bets.

I love watching the darts and I really do love this tournament, I'm planning to be off work most of the time from 18th until 29th December so should be able to watch plenty of the action.

It's always a massively entertaining tournament, I am still smarting a little from backing Van Gerwen last year, I had a nice bet on as I thought he was a certainty, he lost in semi finals and I think it's only tournament he's lost in the last year lol

I will look at the tournament more closely over the next week or so, got some spare money to play with after tipping/backing Neil Robertson for the UK Championship and I might well re-invest on a few bets but at this stage I can't see past Van Gerwen although I guess he's pretty short this time so we'll see.

Thanks for your thoughts mate and good luck with your bets.
Loving it on OLBG, on twitter @tbuckleythinks :

Top 10 Football Tip markets

Football Tips Strategy to Win

Bobsselections
At Stud
Tips

Postby Bobsselections » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:19 pm

Surprisingly MVG has failed to win twenty three of his forty tournaments entered since last years World Championships but that still means that he has won seventeen and you have to be good to achieve that.
He is in form though having won the last four tournaments but he is beatable so i will look for a alternative.
In the last couple of months he has lost three times and those defeats are against Dave Chisnall, Andy Hamilton and Mensur Suljovic which just goes to show that all the top PDC players are all capable on their day.

Not too bad mate , thanks for asking and hope you are ok as well.

Hope Alfreton`s results pick up for you as i see they are heading toward the relegation zone recently.

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:07 am

my blog for the tournament including ante-post views and selections, final statistics and facts, draw for the first round, ante-post betting list and more :-

http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=410228

looking forward to getting into the discussion once the tournament starts.

:win:

GazzaTAFC
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby GazzaTAFC » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:14 pm

Looking forward to this, as I do each and every year. What a great sporting event this is - it never fails to deliver.

Last year was a successful one for me, lumping on Gary Anderson to do the business. And he did - just, in what was a classic final.

This year it looks for all the world that MVG is the one to beat. He's been in majestic form recently winning four titles on the bounce last month - the European Championship, the Grand Slam, the World Series and the Players Championship. Whoever defeats him will win the title, of that I have no doubts. But at 2/1 there is very little value to be had.

Of the remainder, Phil Taylor has probably the best draw of all which should see him make the semi-finals without too much of a problem. He's been there, done it and worn the t-shirt numerous times so can never be discounted.

As a long shot, I like number 8 seed Michael Smith's draw - he should meet MVG in the quarter finals and if he can somehow come through that I'd fancy his chances against either Lewis or Wright in the semi finals. He made the semi finals of the Grand Slam of Darts earlier this year and there clearly is potential there. Maybe one for the future but worth an Each Way shout probably. Could he be the one to beat MVG?
Tonbridge Angels fan and wannabe bookie basher!

Bobsselections
At Stud
Tips

Postby Bobsselections » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:53 pm

Not a bad call at 50/1 Gazza especially as MVG might have to beat Barney to reach that stage.

Smith`s toughest match looks likely to be against White and he has won five of the last seven against him although the more recent meetings would make it much closer with two wins apiece from the last four.

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:10 pm

Great to see a few more fantastic contributions on here and hope plenty more follow in the next week and while the tournament is on.

Very interesting thoughts GazzaTAFC, I genuinely wish you all the best with your Michael Smith punt, I can definitely see the sense in your case for backing Smith at 50/1, I can't wait for the action to start and for me the bets are just an added interest and bonus if they come off.

I backed Van Gerwen last year and was obviously frustrated to see Anderson beat him but I still enjoyed that match and enjoyed Anderson beating Taylor in the final, indeed I just do enjoy chilling out and watching the matches while enjoying a couple of beers, I think it's great fun.

Looking forward to reading more views on the darts over the next few weeks.

Decoro54
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Decoro54 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:54 pm

Great insight to this year's darts extravaganza on this forum so I'd thought I'd post up my tip for this year's worlds.Max hop to win his quarter @ 50/1.This young German currently commands the crown of the pdc world youth champion and i can see him doing well at this year's worlds.he beat runner up aspell in October in the youths and I was impressed with him at last year worlds.he plays the Spaniard v de pas in the first,most likely Ian White in the second and quite possibly Michael Smith in the third round.I can see Hopp doing well this year,he's in cracking form at the moment and certainly a dark horse at this year's worlds.He's 250/1 to win and he could be a good punt to trade out after a round or 2 as his price will drop dramatically if he beats Ian White in the second round.
As for the winner MVG looks a worthy favourite but you never know in darts.A lot of people got stung on mighty Mike losing in the semis to Wright last year.I won on Anderson last year so i was happy.Keep an eye on Max Hoop, he's a juicy 6/4 to win his first round match against V De Pas and i can see him winning that game.here's hoping that can be an early xmas present 1 sleep before santi drops down the chimmely :hope:

Bobsselections
At Stud
Tips

Postby Bobsselections » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:59 pm

Since the tournament switched from having a group stage followed by quarter finals, semi finals and the final to a straight knockout tournament there has been seventeen World Championship finals.

Twenty of the thirty four finalists have been within the top four seeded players and only three players below the seventeenth seed have made it to the final.

The second seed has the best record from those finals having made ten appearances winning seven.

The number one seed has four wins and no runners up which i found surprising as Taylor has won so many times but he has not always been seeded number one.

Next best is the number four seed with two wins and three runner up finishes.

The third seed has just one appearance but that did finish as a win.

Going by this the final would see number two seed and reigning champion Gary Anderson beat the runner up from two years ago Peter Wright the number four seed.

Best odds at time of posting are 8/1 Anderson with Betfred and Totesport and 29/1 for Peter Wright with Betfair.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:29 am

Excellent analysis Bob, this would make me consider back to lays for both these players mentioned (Anderson and Wright)

Bobsselections
At Stud
Tips

Postby Bobsselections » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:38 pm

Yeah Wright is in a tough section but he usually raises his game in this tournament but as you say it will be worth keeping an eye on the odds as the tournament progresses to try and take a profit on both.

Just looked at Oddschecker and 33/1 is freely available for the two to meet in the final so i will have a little side bet on that as well.

andy180
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby andy180 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:03 pm

its here again and i cant wait , and ime going to try not to upset any one in this darts section this year after tipping both world champ winners last year on here (had to get that in lol) ,this year i am not going for anderson ,i think PHIL TALOR @ 9/2 is over priced for this years tournament ,obviously he knows how to prepare for this tournament ,ive watched most tournaments taylors played in this year at which he has played really well without winning many ,think the last ones he won were the sydney masters and perth masters ,also he has been to 2 finals the recent one being the grandslam final against no other than mvg ,of which taylor only got beat 16-13 ,no discrace in that ,i just get the feeling taylor is coming to the boil nicely for is 17 th title and i for one cant refuse odds of 9/2,also looking at his performances in the world champs we all know he is 16 times champ ,but really with a bit of luck we could be calling him the 19 times champ of the world because we forget he has been to 4 other world finals losing 3 of them 7-6 ,a similar thing could have been said about the great eric bristow ,5 times world champ and losing in 5 other finals ,we all fget dont we ,any way enough of my waffle just put your money on taylor at@9/2 to win his 17th world title , avnt had time to search the form for a possible bdo winner yet ,but will put 1 up at a later date, just a quick note tho , i think the bdo masters is usually a good form guide to the winner of the bdo world champs , glen durrant won it this time ,recent winners being bunting and adams who wen ton to win the world champs in the same year just saying ,glen durrant is currently 11/4 to win it ,which probably wont be my pick at those odds.ile scout around for sum better value hopefully ,laters

:D :D :D :D