BDO Darts Championship

drchris
2yo
Tips

BDO Darts Championship

Postby drchris » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:51 pm

Hi

I’m a newbie on here. Just wondered what people are making of the championships so far.

pandabear123
Listed Class
Tips

Re: BDO Darts Championship

Postby pandabear123 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:46 am

I am also interested in this. I know a couple of guys that actually make good money from darts competition. But you have to be very well informed. and always one step ahead of the player .

dartinggreyhound
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby dartinggreyhound » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:56 am

This championship is like a stepping stone for the PDC not all players transfer and make the cut. But this is ground root darts i'm sure a few forget that nearly all THESE players go out to work 5-6 days a week full time and play darts as a hobby whereas PDC most will be part time jobs or even professional at it if they have the money behind them which makes so much difference. But its been really good to show the women on the tv as they need more recognition.

Raffo94
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby Raffo94 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:06 am

I'm not normally much of a punter on Lakeside as it can be so unpredictable but backed Unterbuchner e/w at 33/1 after he won in 1st round, it was clear he had the scoring power to compete with anyone on the circuit, however between being virtually unknown before start of tournament and ropey finishing on doubles resulted in still being a big odd.

Now into the semis to play BDO number one Mark Mcgeeney so here's hoping he can make it to the final at least, would be a fairytale run for him.

I always think they should have Lakeside on before Ally Pally as a sort of warm-up to the highest standard of darts.

In saying that, there's been plenty good competitive matches this year, some high standard but certainly enough last set deciders which is enough to have me hooked.

Looking forward to today's action and Durrant v Waites is bound to be a classic.